Can't do no heat anymore!

dicapr

I've can't do no heat anymore. I am having a problem with hard water again and my daily CW for streaching is not a option because to hard water is doing more damage than good. My hair is bone dry! I need to find another way of taming NG- I debating between air drying and flat ironing weekly or blow drying it once a week. Which would be less damaging? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Also, could I blow dry on cool setting and then flatiron once a week?

ReeRoberts

I feel you, my water is so hard, they write me and tell about it. Someone suggested for me to buy distilled water. I want the water that runs out my faucet, that i pay for, to be good enough for cooking, hair, etc...not. I buy enough water as it is for everything else, but I supposed if I'm buying all these products, to make it grow, I could buy water. Talk abt having to buy the dam milk and the cow. So far I'm washing weekly, but I noticed with all the stuff I use, S-curl, MTG, WGO, creams, leave ins, I want to wash more often. Shoot, u cant win for loosing, but I'll keep trying, I want that bra strap hair, dang it. So, just hang in there sis. Dont worry about the water, no water is good enough to drink, etc, anyway, out the tap, unless you got a super deluxe, home purification system, even if your water is great, what abt old pipes, etc. To much to worry about, from now own, no more worrying abt the water for me, thx for starting this thread, I just relieved myself from water worry, thru this post. :)

dicapr

ReeRoberts said:
I feel you, my water is so hard, they write me and tell about it. Someone suggested for me to buy distilled water. I want the water that runs out my faucet, that i pay for, to be good enough for cooking, hair, etc...not. I buy enough water as it is for everything else, but I supposed if I'm buying all these products, to make it grow, I could buy water. Talk abt having to buy the dam milk and the cow. So far I'm washing weekly, but I noticed with all the stuff I use, S-curl, MTG, WGO, creams, leave ins, I want to wash more often. Shoot, u cant win for loosing, but I'll keep trying, I want that bra strap hair, dang it. So, just hang in there sis. Dont worry about the water, no water is good enough to drink, etc, anyway, out the tap, unless you got a super deluxe, home purification system, even if your water is great, what abt old pipes, etc. To much to worry about, from now own, no more worrying abt the water for me, thx for starting this thread, I just relieved myself from water worry, thru this post. :)

Hard water seems to be the biggest problem for my hair. Since I moved, my shoulder length hair had to be cut from shoulder to mid neck. It's growing back but it is a uphill battle because adding conditioner adds moisture, but adding daily leave-ins causes build up and I need to wash. This dries out my hair. I am trying to reduce this cycle. I am hoping washing once a week and trying to add product only one other time during the week will help. Mayabe we need a hard water support thead.:lol:

dicapr

I have a JOHNATHAN water filetr, doesn't work well. Maybe I'll look into another. The shedding has reduced with the filter but the dryness is still there. I'm just out of $120.:perplexed