cassia obovata support thread AKA neutral henna

freecurl

Did an overnight treatment with Cassia/Amla/Zizyphus Spina Christi.My hair feels so hearty and soft. I really need to do this monthly.

ajoke

^^^ I had the same experience a few weeks ago. My mix consisted of hibiscus and a spoonful of honey. I will definitely be doing this more often.

Pennefeather

I was hoping to do this today, but I couldn't find cassia on the ground at the two Indian stores I went to. Instead, I just added some fenugreek and amla to my deep conditioner.

I did order cassia today, so I hope to use it next weekend.

yynot

I was hoping to do this today, but I couldn't find cassia on the ground at the two Indian stores I went to. Instead, I just added some fenugreek and amla to my deep conditioner. I did order cassia today, so I hope to use it next weekend.

Where did you order from?

Pennefeather

I ordered from eBay - just arrived today. I'm going to give this a try on Saturday. My plan is a mixture of my deep conditioner, with a little of my oil (a mixture of coconut, rice bran, wheat germ, fenugreek, and amla). I'm going to sit under the dryer for 40 minutes to an hour.

Hopefully at the end if that time, I will have stronger, soft hair. Maybe I'll also get a little color on my grays.

mshoneyfly

Did an overnight treatment with Cassia/Amla/Zizyphus Spina Christi.My hair feels so hearty and soft. I really need to do this monthly.

I have the zizyphus spina christi but didnt really know what to mix it with. Cassia makes perfect sense bc I used to get great results when I mixed it into my dc. Im gonna try this when I take down my weave in a few weeks.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Pennefeather

I did my first cassia treatment this morning. I mixed the cassia w ORS replenishing conditioner, some of my oil mix, and some honey. I added the honey because I read that cassia could cause gray or white hair to take a golden tone. I have a few grays around my temple that I was hoping would change. The honey was to add subtle lightening to the rest of my hair. At any rate, my grays are still gray.

The cassia smelled like clean hay to me - very pleasant. I sat under the dryer for forty minutes, and an additional twenty minutes without heat. Rinsing it out was easier than I thought it would be. I co washed twice with the same conditioner, and then used Naturelle Grow's deep conditioner for a few minutes. When I finally rinsed my hair it was easy to comb.

My hair looks thicker to me, although that may be because that was what I was hoping would happen. Probably the best description is fluffy. I am relaxed, but my last touch up I was under relaxed , so I supposed my hair looks more texlaxed now. It just seemed like I had more hair. It doesn't feel coated, just strong.

The whole process was about an hour and three quarters. I have to find the right texture for the cassia. If it is mixed too thick, then it doesn't hold onto the hair well. I had a number of globs on the floor, sink, and my clothes that needed to be cleaned afterwards.

I think that I like cassia. I'm wondering if using it again next week would be too soon?

Blairx0

I have mixed cassia is my dc weekly for several consective weeks and it has been fine. Better than fine, in fact, great!

Pennefeather

Blairx0,

Thanks for that insight. Since I have plenty cassia, amla, brahmi, and fenugreek , I'm going to come up with some creative combinations. All of them are going to use a conditioner for the base since that makes it easier to rinse out, and I am assured that I get my deep conditioning done at the same time.

Pennefeather

I saw a post recently somewhere on the forum that Carol's Daughter included cassia in her Monoi line. Sure enough, when I checked today, it was one of the ingredients in the regular conditioner, deep conditioner and shampoo. She promotes this line as being responsible for 96% less breakage and 13X longer half life (whatever that means). I wonder how much credit the cassia should get?

freecurl

I have sooooo much cassia to use. I may do another treatment this weekend. I would like to try it mixed with my deep conditioners too.
Which conditioners have you all mixed your cassia with?

Blairx0

In my experience cassia plays wrll with all moisture based conditoners I have used. In my protein conditoners it is just too much.

Pennefeather

freecurl,

I used it w ORS replenishing conditioner , and one of Naturelle Grows deep conditioners - I'm not sure which on since I have several. No problems w either.

I think that in the future, I just may add a small amount to my deep conditioner on a regular basis.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Does it make your hair as strong as henna does?

I may try this as I'm not really into the auburn tint my hair gets from henna anymore.

Smiley79

So after trying Henna for a while, I realize its not for me. But I almost forgot how much I loved Cassia. I'm going to order this and incorporate it into my hair regimen again.

Blairx0

I used it weekly for avouy a year and my hair loved it. I would still if o wasn't running so low

Leo24Rule

@ Blairx0 and others: Are you ONLY using Cassia or using other ayurvedic powders/tea rinses in addition to or on other wash days?

Blairx0

@ Blairx0 and others: Are you ONLY using Cassia or using other ayurvedic powders/tea rinses in addition to or on other wash days?

I was just using cassia. i also have the dabur vikta coconut oil that I use to prepoo and dc, but I doubt that counts

Pennefeather

I just remembered that I had this, and am doing a treatment now. This time, I just wanted to add a little to my deep conditioner. I added about a tablespoon and a half of cassia and half a tablespoon of hibiscus to enough warm water to get a smooth paste, then stirred this into my Naturelle Growth conditioner. An hour under the dryer.

I forgot how messy this can be. I'm going to try to add a small amount regularly when I deep condition like Blairx0

I also have a layer of KeraVeda alter ego oil underneath.

melisandre

I did a cassia treatment this weekend. I used 50g of cassia and a little of each of the following powders (I didn't measure): henna, bhringraj, brahmi, hibiscus, and shikakai. The mixed this with hot chamomile tea and let it sit for about 3 hours. Before I applied it to my hair, I added almond, jojoba, and argan oil. I left it in overnight and shampooed / deep conditioned the next morning. My hair feels stronger and thicker. I will start doing regular treatments again, since it's been a while.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Blairx0

Use cassia and yogurt again the wash session. Hair still loves it!

I finally needed to repurchase and I can tell by the gained elasticity my hair missed this!

GGsKin

Mixed up some cassia (with water, sunflower oil and grapeseed oil) and left on my hair for 2hrs. My coils were popping when I rinsed it out and my hair felt so soft. I've only used it once before with a henna/amla mix. I think I need to buy some more cassia:yep:.