cassia obovata support thread AKA neutral henna

Krystle~Hime

AyurNatural has cassia powder and a cassia treatment. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

When you want to buy something please, always read ingredients, whatever the product is, wherever the shop you buy/go.
the ayurnatural cassia treatment is a blend of lots of plants/herbs while cassia powder is just 100% cassia.
this is the link, and there is the product description with what's in it if you want more info.

yodie

Thanks.
I read the info and still had a question. I guess the answer didn't just jump out at me.

Krystle~Hime

AyurNatural has cassia powder and a cassia treatment. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

When you want to buy something please, always read ingredients, whatever the product is, wherever the shop you buy/go.
the ayurnatural cassia treatment is a blend of lots of plants/herbs while cassia powder is just 100% cassia.
this is the link, and there is the product description with what's in it if you want more info. http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/products/Cassia-Hair-Treatment.html

melissa-bee

Okay I did my second treatment of this on Monday. This time I didn't deep condition after.
This time I washed, applied the cassia and then oil rinsed with olive oil, then left to air dry over night. In the morning my hair was still damp and when I bunned I had some visible curls which I don't normally have. Also my hair is stronger as well.
I've still got 3 more uses of cassia left so I'm gonna use that up then I'm gonna to move on to henna.

yodie

Does anyone do a Cassia gloss? If so, how do you do your gloss?

I mixed a little Cassia in with my conditioner and a little bit of JBCO. Loved it! So far this is a keeper for me. My hair defintiely felt strengthened and alot smoother.

yodie

^^ I'm not an expert at all, but I've read where women just added some cassia to their condish. I like the results that I got. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. I had some JBCO that I hadn't used in awhile, so I added it. I don't think oil is required to do the gloss.

LaidBak

I'm gonna try another treatment this weekend. Its been a year..I wonder if the cassia goes bad. Its been in the fridge. Hmmm....

ETA: Soaked my hair with Bringraj oil first.
Then applied a cassia powder, water, olive oil, clove oil mix
Rinsed after about 40 minutes
applied my DC oil/condish mix, sat under dryer for 20 minutes

I think its going to be OK this time. I'm air drying so I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
Forgive if my question has already been addressed......

I have used cassia three times so far and I really liked the outcome of my last application.

I haven't used it on a regular basis and would like to incorporate it into a routine.

I'd like to know how often it should be done....weekly, every other week, monthly? I guess I'm really asking to know how long the effects of a cassia treatment actually lasts before its time to do another?

I simply add cassia to hot water, conditioner and whatever oil I have on hand. I put that on dry hair for about an hour. I shampoo and condition afterwards. Love the bright gold color to my grey hair...lovely. I just don't know how long the benefits actually last. I don't want to overdo either.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Sho_iz_pretty

Thank you so much for this thread....I have been trying to find all of the info i can on here, and use those tips to incorporate cassia into my reggie

Krystle~Hime

Hey InBloom, I used to do it weekly but as now I keep my protective style 2 weeks I do it every 2 weeks. I don't do a cassia gloss(I don't mix it up with conditionner, I do a paste.

mstk

I tried my first cassia treatment yesterday. I mixed about 50g of powder with greek yogurt, castor oil, honey, and enough water to make it a thin pudding-like consistency, then applied to clean, damp hair, wrapped in a plastic cap and turban, and left it on for four hours. I wanted to leave it on longer, but it made my neck hurt.

I don't really see or feel much of a difference in my hair (at least not the lush heaviness I was hoping for), but it is a little bit shinier. Also, when I took it out of the bantu knots I had put it in after deep conditioning, a few of the knots hadn't dried overnight. I don't know if that was a coincidence, or if cassia affects porosity. I still have 350g left, so I will be trying it again.

bunnie82

just rinsed out the cassia obovata
hmmmm....i dunno....my hair didn't feel heavier....not sure if it's shinier since it's still wet...BUT my hair hair major slip after i cowashed it out.....

i'm gonna ntry this again in a couple of weeks....

Smiley79

Well folks, it's official. I'm a Cassia head! I tried it for the first time on Saturday night.

I ordered it from Mehendi.com. I used 100g, added a 1 tsp of Amla powder and a bit of Amla oil and mixed it with warm water until it was yougurt consisitency. I applied it root to tips as instructed. Since this is my first Ayurvedic applicaton ever, I just kept it simple. I left it on my head for an hour and I was very pleased with the way my hair felt. It rinsed out of hair with no problems (it took a while but no grits or issues). I followed with a one hour DC with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture Conditioner. LOVE IT! After that I did a half air dry, half blow dry on low. I have been doing the Greenhouse Effect method at nights so this has REALLY helped me keep my hair moist.

Sadly, my hair is in a deplorable state right now, so I am getting myself back on track to building an effective yet simple regimen. It's kinda depressing because as long as I've been on LHCF, it's a shame the state that my hair is in now. :nono: It is literally the way it was when I just joined LHCF. So a couple weeks ago, I decided to texlax it and leave the Natural thing alone seeing I was having no success. So now, I am nursing my hair back to life with a more simple approach; this is what led me to Cassia, I would love to venture into the use of Indian powders and see how it may help my hair. In addition to the Cassia, i plan to try Kalpi Tone and use that weekly, and use the Cassia every 2-3 weeks.

I would like to know should I still continue with protein treatments even though I'm using the Indian powders. I have Aphogee 2 min on hand and Ion Reconstucter conditioner on hand as well, so I wonder if I should still do these weekly to help strengthen my hair back to life? If anyone know please let me know.

Anyways, excuse my rambling and all over the place update. I will keep you all posted and will be starting a hair diary again so i can monitor my progress.:yep:

Last edited:

claud-uk

no problem!! can i say that my hair is still sooooo soft and delicious. i used fleurty's curl cream underneath kccc and my hair has been so fab for the past three days.

OMG, I've been on this site every day for six months and I only just noticed you're holding a cigar in your siggy :lol:

Blairx0

Bumping for more success stories. I am looking to add lastig strength to my fine strands and just ordered some of this product.

I have no experience with Indian products, so I am hoping to mix it with oils on hand. I will report on my experience

Sent from my PC36100 using LHCF

Blairx0

Question: do you prefer cassia on wet or dry hair? Thinking of doing my 1st treatment tonight

LovLeeLaDee

I always add cassia obovata to my DC weekly. It works for me, I used to have crazy shedding, which has died down drastically! I use Ayurvedic oils and powders in various ways and my hair loves me and has thrived since September 2011.