Castor Oil Challenge 2012 (June-December)

lilpooky

I massaged jbco again onto my hair and scalp. I'm not liking the smell but I love the lightness of it. I think massaging my scalp is really helping. New growth seems to be kicking in already at barely 1 week post imo.

Ahlaam

I'm new and totally in (not sure if it's too late to join), Love castor oil (though haven't used it for a while).

I'm using West Indian Castor Oil bought from my local hair store. It is viscous and has a nutty smell but loove it! Good luck ladies!

Misseyl

I've been using JBCO on my edges since May 11th and what I've noticed is that that area seems blacker but I'm not sure the hair is growing in. I have been wearing box braids for 2 years and 7 months and my edges did not grow at all. There is probably 1 inch of hair in that region and it did not grow. I will continue to use JBCO and report back sometime in August, that will make 3 months.

lilpooky

I used jbco again last night. It is making my scalp itchy. I hope it's not due to irritation. I use it almost every night.

Ronnieaj

Used Jar O Joe on scalp last night.

On Saturday (6/16) did hair and finished with castor oil blend on scalp.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'd like to be a sideline challenger. :lol: I use castor oil to massage my hairline, to seal my ends at times, to steam, and in a base for my sulfur oil mix.

Hairroots

Today I did a mixture of castor oil, jojoba oil and almond oil. All I have to say is OMG. Outstanding moisture. 1 teaspoon of each. Mix well and massage into scalp and new growth. My hair is so soft.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm in ladies though obviously late. My jbco should be here next week. I'll be using on my edges nightly plus mixing with a conditioner as a night treatment at least twice a month

4HisGlory

Been using my JBCO by Okay every other night. Haven't seen any growth yet, but it's only been 2 weeks. LOL! I can really tell a difference in my scalp though. It's not nearly as itchy as usual and I don't have the urge to wash every other day like I used to. Loving this feeling.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I want in, is it too late to join?

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: JBCO
Tell us a bit about your hair: Long-term Tranny
How will you be using your Castor Oil: Oil my scalp 3x wkly and on my edges daily if not 2x daily.

Last edited:

Misseyl

I asked my Mom to bring me some Jamaican Castor Oil from Jamaica and why is it that it doesn't smell like the JBCO I purchased from sunnyislejamaicanblackcastoroil.com? She swears to me it's castor oil but it does not have that castor oil smell. Maybe because the one my Mom gave me was home made.

LexiDior

yeh that may be it.the one we get here must be made by another company that caters to what we like here.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just applied to my edges after washing and moisturizing.....

Will do my whole head tomorrow once I wake up.

lilpooky

Yesterday, my rollerset went to hell. It was a hot, droopy mess. I think it's because if the castor oil/and, or coconut oil I've been sealing my hair and massaging my scalp with. This time I only used castor oil on my edges. We shall see if there's a difference.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I want in, is it too late to join?

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: JBCO
Tell us a bit about your hair: Long-term Tranny
How will you be using your Castor Oil: Oil my scalp 3x wkly and on my edges daily if not 2x daily.

Just applied to my edges after washing and moisturizing.....

Will do my whole head tomorrow once I wake up.

I am about to apply JBCO to my scalp (1st time) and my edges (2nd time) for the week.

See you ladies later!

Ronnieaj

Cowashed with Wen on Sunday night. Applied castor/avocado/vatika mix to scalp then. It lasts for a few days, so I'll apply again this evening :yep:.

MsSonya

I have been applying castor oil to my whole head at least daily. Trying to pay attention to my ends.