Castor Oil Challenge 2012 (June-December)

itismehmmkay

I think my contribution to the challenge will just be a pre-poo of the JBCO along w/ some Glover's, coconut oil and WGO.

faithVA

Oiled my crown with my castor oil blend and then prepooed with Deva Curl One. Worked out for an hour, then washed my hair. My scalp definitely needed it.

itismehmmkay

I have some coconut oil and castor oil mixed, but it's mostly coconut oil. Thinking of adding the castor oil to some grease and greasing my scalp at night.

itismehmmkay

So made a new concoction. Actually similar to the one u made for the MN challenge but with no MN. It has that palmers olive oil grease, a lil sulfur 8, JBCO, n some wonder 8 oils to help cover any smells. I'll be using this maybe daily.

itismehmmkay

Greased my scalp last night; so sofar I'm on a every other night routine, but I do still put some on my edges nightly...right before I lay them down w/ curl wax.

faithVA

:yay: I finally got around to oiling my scalp. Oiled with my castor oil blend and gave myself a quick massage. Now I'm baggying with 3 caps to generate some heat. Will let this stay on overnight and cowash tomorrow. I think my scalp is appreciating the extra care.

trendsetta25

Took my 3/4 wig off to moisturize my hair with my ORS olive oil moisturizer, seal with EVCO and applied my JBCO mixed with peppermint oil to my scalp and massaged it in.

faithVA

Oiled my scalp before DCing yesterday. I really loaded the oil up with EOs because I could still smell them after I rinsed. But my scalp is feeling better and better.

faithVA

Dry weather, dry scalp :ohwell: This morning massaged a little castor oil blend and water onto my scalp. This evening spritzed my hair with Frank Juice and massaged more castor oil blend into my crown. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Satchmo

Been spritzing my scalp with mn/water then following it with JBCO 2-3 times a week for the past month or so. Quite happy with my progress.

faithVA

Have been oiling my crown and temples in the morning and doing a quick massage. It has really helped with the dryness. I only have a little left. I will need to make up a new batch this weekend.

faithVA

[USER=34547 said:
ZebraPrintLover[/USER];17388273]^^^^ I am going to need a new bottle too soon. What brand are you using @faithVA

I really don't know which brand. I tranferred it from the original bottle months ago. Over the past 2 years I have used various brands and haven't noticed a difference. I have used regular castor oil, JBCO and HBCO. They all seemed to work the same for me.

faithVA

I oiled my scalp and massaged it in. I put diluted conditioner on my hair. Then baggied and worked out for 45 minutes. I could really smell the EOs in my oil blend with all the heat generated. So I think that was a good scalp treatment and will try to do that in upcoming weeks.

I usually apply the oil before I DC but I think this works just as well. I ran out of oil so I mixed up a new batch of oil this morning. That should last me several more months.