CHIN LENGTH OPTIONS---what am i gonna do?

Suri

What am I going to do with this hair? It's short, about chin length, able to be pulled into a tight ponytail, only my hairline is suffering so no pony, no mo' :nono: .

I used maxiglide this week but I workout 5 days a week, I have to co wash at least every other day. And here's the kicker...I'm 10 months post relaxer so any style I attempt looks ridiculous unless it's heated with an iron, but that's not good bc I don't like heat esp. when I end up washing it later. I am relaxing in December, but until then what am I gonna do with this hair?

Ideally, I would get braids until November, but jeez that would be counterproductive to my hairline. If someone could recommend a braiding alternative that would not rip the life from my hairline that would be great. Any ideas would really help. All of my efforts to reach great lengths are going fine, but I am stuck with this ordeal. :( help. TIA

What about a braid out or twist out?

I am at the point also where I can no long wear my hair back. I started doing wash & go but I would like to try a twist out next.

HTH

Why not just relax now, it would make your life easier, unless your on some kind of Mega stretch challenge :confused: , I agree w the twistouts just don't put any extra stress on those edges, also do you use some sort of temple bomb to help them grow in faster or do scalp massages in the thin areas, HTH :)

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Why not just relax now, it would make your life easier, unless your on some kind of Mega stretch challenge :confused: , I agree w the twistouts just don't put any extra stress on those edges, also do you use some sort of temple bomb to help them grow in faster or do scalp massages in the thin areas, HTH :)

ITA, since its been 10months might as well unless its a personal challenge :confused:

My original goal was to wait until December and I agree relaxing it now would be much easier, I have considered it but I don't want to relax until my hairline fills in.
I acutally have started using the Profectiv temple balm. I am going to incorporate the much praised Vitamin E Oil and Castor Oil massaging until I see results. So that is why I am not relaxing now. Thanks for your responses. BTW I don't have such good luck with the twist and braid outs, I don't know if I am alone here. :ohwell:

On second thought I may try washing and bantu knotting and see what it looks like in the morning. Anything to not have my hair pulled back anymore.

You know I thought about it. I just told my mother the other day that I was thinking about a wig, but I am picky when it comes to things like that. I went to celebrityhair4u...something like that and...uh...the prices were a bit astronomical. But that's just how I am, I would make the investment if it meant a break for my hair. I'm gonna do a wig search. Thanks for your response :)

I had a chin length cut a while ago. I could only wear twist-outs and braid-outs since I didn't have enough hair for a cute ponytail. If the twist/braid outs didn't come out right, I would just pin it up and make a messy-updo.

Come to think of it, although my hair is longer, I still do this all the time :)

Back