Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

SimJam

Ive started spritzing my hair lightly with my rosehips/marshmallow/burdock root tea and aloevera mix before I retwist for my twistouts ... my hair is loving it !!!!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
*gives the side eye to Lita for not giving up the good earlier on rose petal tea!!* Ohhh Lita--how does it work as a rinse? My hair's in crochet braids so wont really know until I take them down next month. What's your review?

AtlantaJJ I make spritzes too. If you dont add EOs or fragrances, you should keep it in the fridge. It lasts a little less than a week. With EOs? Longer. I put so much oils in mine I dont bother with the fridge anymore. I burn through a spray bottle in a week and it's still good.

Imoan

What brand of Rose Petal Tea are you guys using, I use one by Taylors of Harrogate China Rose Petal Leaf Tea pretty good lil expensive to me, comes in tin can about 5oz, also I tried one by Numi.. I use them to make floral water and spray on my face, really good to help keep your skin clear with a glow..

AtlantaJJ

*gives the side eye to Lita for not giving up the good earlier on rose petal tea!!* Ohhh Lita--how does it work as a rinse? My hair's in crochet braids so wont really know until I take them down next month. What's your review?

AtlantaJJ I make spritzes too. If you dont add EOs or fragrances, you should keep it in the fridge. It lasts a little less than a week. With EOs? Longer. I put so much oils in mine I dont bother with the fridge anymore. I burn through a spray bottle in a week and it's still good.

Thanks DarkJoy what kind of EO are you using in yours? I've been tempted to by Rose EO, now with all this rose tea talk, I'm really tempted! :grin:

I guess it would be okay for me to become a tea PJ ! :lol:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
What brand of Rose Petal Tea are you guys using, I use one by Taylors of Harrogate China Rose Petal Leaf Tea pretty good lil expensive to me, comes in tin can about 5oz, also I tried one by Numi.. I use them to make floral water and spray on my face, really good to help keep your skin clear with a glow..
Imoan, I got mine in bulk at the health food store, no packaging no bags which is why my teas are so cheap. They get pricey with the packaging, but sometimes you cant avoid.

Also some are rose petal blends (more expensive?)Some packaging says Rose Petal Jasmine, or Rose petal green or Rose petal black. No probs with using those, just be aware.

Thanks @DarkJoy what kind of EO are you using in yours? I've been tempted to by Rose EO, now with all this rose tea talk, I'm really tempted! :grin:

I guess it would be okay for me to become a tea PJ ! :lol:
AtlantaJJ depends on my mood! I rotated through cedar, rosemary, lavendar, thyme, lemon, tangerine, lime. I use fragrances too, like gardenia, rose, fruity scents.

perhaps this is where my inner PJ hides...! oh nooooooooooo!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I'm here:nono: wanting to curse you guys :look: I love the smell of rose and know I will have to hunt it down:nono: like tomorrow. Should I just accept that there is no end in sight for my tea stash?:giggle:
Ohhh Nix08! :giggle: have you begun your hunt yet? It's really tasty--bet it will also make the hair smell sooooo lovely and like spring.

Come to think of it, the store also had dried lavender flowers. So pretty... so purply,...sooo... lordy... please stop the junky in me! PLEASE!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ohhh @Nix08! :giggle: have you begun your hunt yet? It's really tasty--bet it will also make the hair smell sooooo lovely and like spring.

Come to think of it, the store also had dried lavender flowers. So pretty... so purply,...sooo... lordy... please stop the junky in me! PLEASE!

@DarkJoy Yes I have:look: My first call was a no go...so I've been studying ebay:nono: I have 2 other calls to make though

@AtlantaJJ they are different from my understanding....

ETA: Second call was a bust:cry:

ETA: Third call was a bust too:cry: It will have to be online.

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Tea during my simple DC. Tea/coffee (and oil) mid wash rinse and final leave in rinse with tea/avj.
Brewed a new batch of my leave in rinse and added Irish Moss to it..hopefully I'll get to try it tomorrow.
Currently brewing a batch of my mid wash rinse (overnight) and all day I'll brew a batch of my DC blend with Borage added.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Using up the last of my oolong braid spray. Gonna steep some pure rose petal for my next spray. No need for EO or fragrances. :lick:

Well add some grapeseed and sunflower oils, though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did my Tea Rinse tonight.:lick:

Steeping:
Rosemary Leaf
Horsetail
Oolong
Saw Palmetto

For Tuesday. btw: I did order some Rose Petal Tea.:look:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Can you ladies believe I got fancy and used multiple teas yesterday? Oonlong, red tea, burdock rock, marshmallow root, slippery elm and moringa. :grin: I'm officially one of you now!!! :yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
lol divachyk! how did your hair like it?
___
Rose Tea Review

I just finished using an entire bottle of rose tea spritz (straight, no other teas). I added like a half tsp of grapeseed and sunflower oils. I boosted the scent with a rose EO.

Use: On both my scalp, cornrows, leave-out (edges and bangs) and human hair install (type 3-like jheri curl)

It is a GREAT detangler. Worked like no other has on loosing up the naps on my edges and made the morning tangles from my hair install fall right out. On my leave-out I just "pet" the area and the kinks just fell out. The braid hair LOVES it! Made it bouncy and light feeling.

Do NOT use this expecting to get moisture/hydration. Matter of fact I found it to be a touch drying. But not enough to worry and freak out.

Gonna mix this next batch with oolong and see if that boosts the hydration. It will be around 60 (oolong) to 40 (rose).

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nix08 and DarkJoy, I liked it very nice. My hair felt nice and soft. A few of the teas (oolong, red tea, burdock root) were used without trying them individually first so that was risky but it turned out good, thank goodness. :grin:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Moringa is sold out at my local shop and they are denied any more until the new year:nono: They sold a years supply in just a couple months...I wonder who bought it all:look: :lachen:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
That makes sense @DarkJoy as it is high in vitamin C....when I get mine, I think I will maybe make a amla/rose petal tea mix for cleansing:lick:

Interesting Nix08. I am gonna start Ayurvedic and try to ditch commercial cleansers and conditioners for the month of January as my next experiment.

I got shikakai as my 'shampoo' and will mix rose with that as well!

Great idea, Nix! :yep: