2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Been working on a few (or 6 different) :lachen:herbal blends. Here is one for scalp issues.

Blend of aloe vera powder, calendula, Rosehips, fenugreek & rosemary. Mixed a spoonful of each together.

image.jpg

Put some in disposable tea bags. I was able to make 6 treatments from this.

image.jpg

Currently steeping a bag overnight to mix the tea with my henna.

image.jpg

The bags seal with heat, but I still placed a hair tie around it to make sure. LOL

image.jpg

Got the same set of herbs steeping in Grapeseed oil for a few weeks so I can make an herbal shampoo bar and herbal scalp oil. If I have some leftover, I'll mix some with my shea butter blend.

Aggie

Been working on a few (or 6 different) :lachen:herbal blends. Here is one for scalp issues.

Blend of aloe vera powder, calendula, Rosehips, fenugreek & rosemary. Mixed a spoonful of each together.

View attachment 418251

View attachment 418247

View attachment 418245

The bags seal with heat, but I still placed a hair tie around it to make sure. LOL

View attachment 418249

Got the same set of herbs steeping in Grapeseed oil for a few weeks so I can make an herbal shampoo bar and herbal scalp oil. If I have some leftover, I'll mix some with my shea butter blend.

Nice blends @ElevatedEnergy. You do inspire me with these herbs. I am trying to pull back the reigns on how many products I have in my stash but I still want calendula and bay leaves added to my herbal stash. Won't work on getting those until maybe next year though.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Nice blends @ElevatedEnergy. You do inspire me with these herbs. I am trying to pull back the reigns on how many products I have in my stash but I still want calendula and bay leaves added to my herbal stash. Won't work on getting those until maybe next year though.

Gone head and get you some calendula...ain't nothing like that flower power!! :love4:LOL I don't consider my herbs and oils products, because they are dual purpose for me. I drink/cook with them as well as use them on my body/hair. Just putting that out there in case you need your purchase to be justified:poke"

Aggie

Gone head and get you some calendula...ain't nothing like that flower power!! :love4:LOL I don't consider my herbs and oils products, because they are dual purpose for me. I drink/cook with them as well as use them on my body/hair. Just putting that out there in case you need your purchase to be justified:poke"

Pusha :lol: @ElevatedEnergy
Okay in that case, I'ma need me some chamomile, rosemary leaves, sage, cloves, basil leaves, thyme, nettle, burdock root, green tea leaves, black tea leaves, and hops :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I noticed more of a difference with the oils than the powders. They do not make my DC perform any better or worse so that is why they are a waste of time for me lol...
@NaturallyATLPCH
I like the feel of the Paste or the Masque they make by adding them.

Very therapeutic feeling and I feel, for my hair, the cumulative benefits with both Powders and Oils are giving me good results.

I'll carry both into 2018. And re-evaluate their overall efficacy in about 6 months.

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH
I like the feel of the Paste or the Masque they make by adding them.

Very therapeutic feeling and I feel, for my hair, the cumulative benefits with both Powders and Oils are giving me good results.

I'll carry both into 2018. And re-evaluate their overall efficacy in about 6 months.
Yes every head is different. You have to do what works for you.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

View attachment 418251

View attachment 418247

View attachment 418245

View attachment 418249

I ended up steeping the tea blend half the day. Mixed it with a box of Jamila henna and let it sit for a few hours. I've already applied the henna to my hair and will keep it in overnight. Tomorrow will rinse and apply indigo. Can't let the year end without that shiny jet blackety-black-black hair. :bdance:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Since my refocused goal for 2018 is improving my density and thickness, I'm trying out a mask designed to address those issues. My mask contains fenugreek, aloe vera gel, JBCO, neem, bhringraj and brahmi. I applied it to my scalp only, not the length of my hair. My idea is to do this every other week, while alternating with henna/cassia glosses.

Aggie

What is your game plan?
Mostly ayurveda powders that I will make conditioning pastes, diy ayur-oils, deep conditioners and tea rinses. Of course, I will add other herbs like hops, calendula flower, sage, burdock root, chamomile, horsetail, curry leave powder, rosemary and thyme to my ayur-regimen. I want teas and oils as my main objective products to make and use.

Aggie

What is your game plan?
Also @mzteaze

I probably will be shopping more with any site that sells ayurveda products like Hairveda for example. Although, most of what I use, I will make myself. I have been watching quite a bit of YouTube ayurveda hair care videos as of late and will be putting my own spin on them based solely on my own hair care needs at the time I use them.