Correctives support thread

morehairplease

What do you mean by pulled it through, though? Are you essentially physically bringing the relaxer down the hair strands/spreading it down the length of the underprocessed hair?
This is what I did when I did my corrective 2 months ago. I did it for the last couple of minutes before heading to the sink to wash the relaxer out.

hillytmj

Thanks. Did you use your fingers, an applicator brush, a comb, or something else? And would you recommend combing it through?

Yes, when my stylist did my corrective, she used her fingers to smooth it down. Milking a cow is a good image, but it also closely resembles how Tracyee smooths the length of her hair to dust and do search and desroys.

Monaleezza

lamaria211, did you do it?
How did it go?

It was recommended to me a while back by sunnieb but I was too scared.

Now, however, I think that the different textures are causing knotting and shedding whenever I wash/gently manipulate. I need to even it out.

But I am SCARED!!!:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

Question: What were you ladies experiencing that made you think you needed a corrective?

lamaria211

lamaria211, did you do it?
How did it go?

It was recommended to me a while back by sunnieb but I was too scared.

Now, however, I think that the different textures are causing knotting and shedding whenever I wash/gently manipulate. I need to even it out.

But I am SCARED!!!:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

Question: What were you ladies experiencing that made you think you needed a corrective?

I'm doing at my 8week TU that will be Nov 9th I'll report back and let you no how it went:)

sunnieb

I forgot all about this thread! Great bump and to the ladies who do a corrective, please be sure to share your results! :yep:

Adding to our Relaxer Thread Sticky now.....

lamaria211

I saw that fgrogan did a corrective and her hair is gorgeous so I no it can be done and im going to do mine

Babygrowth

Hi ladies, I dyed my hair @13wks post but I want to do a touchup/corrective around jan/feb so I will have lots of newgrowth but I want straighter hair. Do you think I should do it? I've been researching some relaxers for color treated hair so it looks promising but I'm still scared.

Monaleezza

I called a top stylist in the UK to discuss a corrective. They told me that they wouldn't be correcting anyone else's under processing!

I'll talk to my regular stylist and see what she says, I'm sure one previously she's given the impression to me that she wasn't dead set against the idea.

lamaria211

I forgot to update this thread I did my corrective on Monday 11/9 and it came out great I'm very pleased. I used ORS super and put it on my new growth for the first 10mins then on the length for the last 7

Growingmyhairlong

So here are some pics of my hair. The different textures is causing breakage and so frustrating. I am retraining myself to handle the textures until i am ready for my corrective. I did a corrective five weeks ago and this is what I got. I decided to wait to relax again and do another corrective in Feb. Any advice, videos, pics, would be appreciated. I am not skilled at relaxing and I don't want to do this corrective on a regular basis. I don't have a lot of time in my hands to jump in and out the shower to do each section one by one. Help. Thanks

ForumRunner_20121119_203445.jpg

ForumRunner_20121119_203459.jpg

ForumRunner_20121119_203513.jpg

ForumRunner_20121119_203529.jpg

ForumRunner_20121119_203543.jpg

ForumRunner_20121119_203611.jpg

lamaria211

So here are some pics of my hair. The different textures is causing breakage and so frustrating. I am retraining myself to handle the textures until i am ready for my corrective. I did a corrective five weeks ago and this is what I got. I decided to wait to relax again and do another corrective in Feb. Any advice, videos, pics, would be appreciated. I am not skilled at relaxing and I don't want to do this corrective on a regular basis. I don't have a lot of time in my hands to jump in and out the shower to do each section one by one. Help. Thanks

Try and stop the breaking first try a strong protein treatment then a good DC do that weekly or biweekly till you get it under control. Then try your corrective. I also recommend Roux PC the week prior to relaxing

rawsilk

I need to do a mid strand corrective. (Touch up came out beautiful but mid strand is frizzy and don't want to kill ends that have defined curl pattern.) I understand applying conditioner to area that is already sufficiently relaxed but wondering why the choice of Chi Silk infusion for target area -- any other alternatives? (I like Chi Silk but since this is an old post, wondering if anyone has had more success with another protective product.)

This is a great post!

I did my corrective two weeks ago. The very first time sef-relaxed with lye (a little over a year ago), I was way underprocessed because I was scared.

As time went on, I got my processing time just right, but I still had that one area that was brillowy. After a year of growth, the severely underprocessed part was right in the middle of each strand. When I did my rollersets, I had to flat iron that part just to get it smooth.

I didn't really do much extra to the area because for some reason, I didn't have a lot of breakage. I deep-conditioned regularly, but that was it.

Anyway, two weeks ago, I did a corrective. I didn't relax my newgrowth because I'm on a 6 month stretch, so it was pretty easy because I could focus all my attention on the corrective. I applied Chi Silk infusion to the part I was correcting, then applied conditioner to the rest of the hair. I did it in four sections.

I'm so glad I did a search on correctives before I did this. I was thinking I would be processing for the regular amount of time, but someone posted that you are actually, in essence, picking up where you left off. So, I applied the relaxer to each section and processed for about 6 minutes. It was really easy to see where the underprocessed part began and ended since it had been over a year.

I deep conditioned as usual and had no problems whatsoever. I'm so happy with my hair now!:D It's still texlaxed, but it's not all dry and frizzy like the underprocessed part.

My advice is...the longer you can wait between processes, the better. I also think the Chi made a difference. I also agree with Gym about moisture, moisture, moisture.