Criticism Of Favorite Hair Styles

kim1006

Let me start off by saying, I LOVE my transitioning hair in braidouts, high buns and top nots. Years ago when I was fully relaxed, I went to the salon and paid a LOT of money for braidouts that NEVER gave me the results I was seeking because my hair never fully dried before the stylist could remove the braids.

Fast forward to now, I get them
done by my dear DD for free. I usually sleep in them and sat under my Pibbs hair dryer to ensure they are dried fully. However, my husband and mother hate my hair in this style and neither one of them has any issues letting me know. My husband says my hair looks like a jeri curl weave, he hates both and would rather I left it braided.

My mother, on the other hand, likes seeing the length of my hair and does not like either of these hair styles. She also hates my hair in buns and top nots for the same reason although both look better on my face.

With that being said, I love all of these low maintenance hair styles, which I will keep wearing.

What hairstyles do your family members try to discourage you from wearing and why?

Daina

All of the styles you mention above get comments from the peanut gallery...I could care less. The ONLY person I will make a concession for on occasion is my husband because I believe to a certain degree I should consider his input. BUT by concession I mean I straighten my hair 3-4 times per year instead of weekly which is what he would prefer. He hates bun and thinks curly hair is unruly but he has learned to adapt. The only place he drew the line on was wigs and weaves but I've never been a fan of either for me anyway. I don't give two hoots what other folks feel or say!