Da wig thread!!!!

naturalmanenyc

Thank you! I had been looking at Bali Girl on hairsisters.com for a couple weeks and could not bring myself to order hair on-line.

I am going to try the makeup trick on Bali Girl. It worked pretty well for my Modu slf so I'm hoping it will work well for Bali Girl too.

I wonder why they make the scalp color so unrealistic? For $22 I can't be too picky though.

Reg's Wife- the Bali Girl looks so good on you- and that is a great price too. I left a message in your fotki about making scalp parts look more real- but I also wanted to share it in the thread....
For the weird scalp color you can get a little paint brush or Q tip and dab with some foundation or mineral powder that matches your natural scalp color.

isawstars

I wore my wig when I went out dancing with friends last night. It's the first time I've worn it because I've been afraid that people would know that's it's fake. I have a half wig and everyone loved it. Especially drunk people. This one guy kept telling me, "you have the most beautiful hair in the world!" :lachen:

Junebug D

I had a few wigs years ago-- and silly me, I THREW THEM OUT! :( I don't remember who made them or where I got them from either. So if anyone recognizes these wigs, please remind me who makes them or where I got them from! I have to start wearing wigs again since I'm joining the Bootcamp Challenge!

(And don't laugh at my makeup; I was and still am a novice. :grin:)

This was my favorite one:

It was so big and poofy. :grin: I have a feeling it was a Dena Cali wig, but I don't remember! :nono:

I believe I got this one off Ebay, but I'm not sure! :sad: I loved the color!

This one I definitely got off Ebay, for like $10. It was really long and kinda ugly, so I cut it to about shoulder-length.

morehairplease

Reg's Wife- the Bali Girl looks so good on you- and that is a great price too. I left a message in your fotki about making scalp parts look more real- but I also wanted to share it in the thread....
For the weird scalp color you can get a little paint brush or Q tip and dab with some foundation or mineral powder that matches your natural scalp color.

cool....thanks so much for sharing. I went to the bss last night and almost fainted when I saw the wigs......ppl thought I was crazy. I am going back next week when I have more time to shop & am alone.

SelfStyled

I wore my wig when I went out dancing with friends last night. It's the first time I've worn it because I've been afraid that people would know that's it's fake. I have a half wig and everyone loved it. Especially drunk people. This one guy kept telling me, "you have the most beautiful hair in the world!" :lachen:

Too cute!:lachen: I bet you looked cute.

Where the pictures at ladies- who's gonna post next?

taytay86

Looks good! K i'm on my way to post some pics now.

Any wig tips to share with the ladies that want to try it but are too self conscious or worried about their hair?

- instead of wearing the nylon (stocking) wig caps, I wear the men's satin/spandex wave caps. Better for the hairline and doesn't dry the hair out.
- Moisturize before you put the wig on. Not sopping but lightly damp. When you get home take it off and let your scalp get air (if you're wrapping like I sometimes do.)

Thanks so much - I was just about to post a topic about this. Just to confirm, you are speaking of the satin cap and not the durag? There are a few caveats I see with using the satin cap/durags:

1. how does the satin cap stay on? I have issues getting my nylon cap to stay on when my hair is slippery with moisture, never mind an actual satin cap. Is there a draw string? What about satin on the inside, nylon (for grip) on the outside - is something like this available?
2. For the durag, with all that extra material this can cause bulk and or bumps which gives it away that you're wearing a wig. So not sure this is the best option.

Ladies, please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

SelfStyled

Tishee- The Red Carpet Wig I got at a BSS here locally, but I have also seen them on
www.expertwigs.com. The FreeTress Wig I got at Hairsisters and it was buy one get one free.

TayTay- when I get home I am going to start a thread on protecting edges when wearing wigs. I have found a comfotable way to do so

taytay86

Tishee- The Red Carpet Wig I got at a BSS here locally, but I have also seen them on
www.expertwigs.com. The FreeTress Wig I got at Hairsisters and it was buy one get one free.

TayTay- when I get home I am going to start a thread on protecting edges when wearing wigs. I have found a comfotable way to do so

Something's wrong with the search feature because I found the post once, and now I can't find it:perplexed Send me the link plz!

kandake

I purchased a new wig today. I finger combed and then end up brushing out some of the curls. See the attachments. Please disregard my eyes. I'm so tired.

Outre Quick Weave - Sabina

Attachments

• Sabina Outre Wig 001.jpg
    Sabina Outre Wig 001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 130
  • outre sabina.gif
    outre sabina.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

loved

very pretty! do you mind me asking where you purchased them from? BTW, I love your cabinets.....:yep:

Freetress Parsons is at hairsisters for 27.99, B1G1.

I ordered 7 or 8 wigs from hairsisters recently and experimented a little with colors. I actually love the different colors.

morehairplease

I purchased a new wig today. I finger combed and then end up brushing out some of the curls. See the attachments. Please disregard my eyes. I'm so tired.

this is beautiful! Your eyebrows are perfect.....I love them! Do you whitened your teeth? They are so white. This past summer, I tried the white strips and the arm & hammer toothpaste and my teeth did not improve at all. They have become somewhat sensitive though.

kandake

Very cute! Does it come with the headband?

Thanks Sunshine. No it doesn't come with the headband. I just put it one on for the heck of it.

this is beautiful! Your eyebrows are perfect.....I love them! Do you whitened your teeth? They are so white. This past summer, I tried the white strips and the arm & hammer toothpaste and my teeth did not improve at all. They have become somewhat sensitive though.

Thanks Tishee!

I really think whitening toothpaste works over time. I don't use anything else. I also think my teeth photograph whiter than what they really are. They do look extra white in that picture.

You may want try a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I've heard its good for whitening. Some of the ladies here have talked about it before.

SelfStyled

Hey Hotness, I mean Kandi, lol. I am loving Sabina. That headband is cute, where did you cop that at? Tishee is right beautiful smile and nice brows.

Demi27

Thanks so much - I was just about to post a topic about this. Just to confirm, you are speaking of the satin cap and not the durag? There are a few caveats I see with using the satin cap/durags:

1. how does the satin cap stay on? I have issues getting my nylon cap to stay on when my hair is slippery with moisture, never mind an actual satin cap. Is there a draw string? What about satin on the inside, nylon (for grip) on the outside - is something like this available?
2. For the durag, with all that extra material this can cause bulk and or bumps which gives it away that you're wearing a wig. So not sure this is the best option.

Ladies, please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Hi. I JUST came from Sally's and purchased a stretch cap AND a do rag. Someone else had posted about the stretch cap (I believe) in another thread. That girl Ateya had one in one of her latest videos, but I didn't see that one (it was pink). The stretch cap I purchased is actually for a man.

I wear a half wig (I'll post pics when I can find one). The satin cap is pretty tight, but not too tight. I was able to fold the edges of the cap up and then put the wig on. The wig combs fit snugly under the frong and back of the cap. I HAD to buy something because the nylon cap and the wig comb were starting to break my hair off in my nape. This is a perfect solution. My hair is protected and the combs don't have to be in my hair.

Too bad Sally's only had one. They don't have a lot of BSS where I live. When I go back home next week I am going to stock up!! :yep:

ETA: Here's the link to the stretch cap.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Spandex-Stretch-Cap/SBS-378004,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair15

The do rag I bought today will probably work too. The end of it is not that long, so it would fit up under a wig well.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

Where do people get cute headbands? I find BSS headbands either over the top :look: or cheap. My head seems to be too big for the Goody headbands in Walmart ot Target cause they break too. Like, I'm looking for a tortoise shell headband and I can't find one. :nono:

gabulldawg

I just got a new half wig yesterday and wanted to share. It's the one in my avatar. I have more pics and wig info in my fotki wig album.

Attachments

• newavatar.jpg
    newavatar.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 102