Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
November 16, 2015

Devotional:

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;2 Corinthians 4:7(NASB)

While there are many talented and successful Christians in the world today, they are merely vessels for God's message of grace, hope, and power. Our focus should never be on the container for the message. Instead, what is most important is the integrity of the messenger no matter the situation, so that the message can be seen without distraction. God's power is what sustains us, not our own, we are simply a vessel, a tool, in the hands of the Lord.

Prayer:
Almighty and all-powerful God, thank you for using me to minister to others as your partner in the work of grace. May my service help them more perfectly see the glory of your truth and grace you gave us in your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The[fn]generous man will be[fn]prosperous, And he who waters will himself be watered.Proverbs11:25(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 17, 2015

Devotional:

that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,Ephesians3:16(NASB)

What is one of the most important things we can do for those we love in the Lord? We can pray for them. But more than that, we can pray that God will strengthen them with power through his indwelling Spirit. This same Holy Spirit raised Jesus from death (Eph.1:19). This same Holy Spirit is God's great gift for those who ask (Luke11:13). This same Holy Spirit reanimated a valley of dry bones (Eziekel 37). And this same Holy Spirit will strengthen those we love in the Lord if we ask for him to!

Prayer:
Mighty and awesome God, I have several brothers and sisters in Christ who need your grace, mercy, and power poured into their lives by your Spirit. Some need to be convicted of their sinfulness. Some need strength and courage for their difficult road ahead. Some need power to overcome besetting sin in their lives. Please strengthen them with your power in their inner being through your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He who[fn]is generous will be blessed, For he gives some of his food to the poor.Proverbs22:9(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 18, 2015

Devotional:

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Himbethe glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations[fn]forever and ever. Amen.Ephesians 3:20-21(NASB)

Sometimes there is nothing left for us to do except praise God! While we may sometimes dream of doing great things for God and his Kingdom, the dreams aren't as big as God's plans. While we may be richly talented, influential, powerful, or rich, these are merely tools in God's hands, not symbols of our sufficiency. "God is able" has to be one of the best and most accurate phrases in the Bible. But this time, it's said about his work in you in me. He is able much more than we imagine to work through and in us. What can we say to that? Hallelujah!

Prayer:
Loving Father, please help me better know and live your will. I want to be your vessel of ministry, healing, blessing, and hope to those around me at work and play. Please use me to your glory today, and always. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The[fn]fear of theLORDleadsto life, So that one may sleep satisfied,[fn]untouched by evil.Proverbs19:23(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 19, 2015

Devotional:

All this time[fn]you have been thinking that we are defending ourselves to you.Actually,it is in the sight of God that we have been speaking in Christ; and all for your upbuilding, beloved.2 Corinthians12:19(NASB)

When I pray, I often catch myself simply wanting God to do what I want, not necessarily what is best or most expedient for those around me or for the good of the Kingdom. I don't like to hear that God told Paul that he had asked enough about deliverance from his problem. Instead, Paul needed to learn that God's gracious strength and mercy were enough to sustain him even in trial. While I know I need to learn this same lesson, it is daunting. I want God to keep things nice and tidy for me. But then I remember I am a follower of Christ. If I am to become like my Savior, then I have to let go of my requirements on God's answers and open up to God's work to redeem others through me, no matter the personal cost. Only then can I truly know that his grace is sufficient for me!

Prayer:
Patient and loving Shepherd, guard my heart from discouragement in tough times and guard it from arrogance in good times. I know that without you I have nothing that is permanent. Thanks for giving me a permanent, steadfast hope of heaven with you, because of your grace and strength shared with me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
All the days of the afflicted are bad, But a[fn]cheerful hearthasa continual feast.Proverbs15:15(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 20, 2015

Devotional:

that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of theLORDis mighty, so that you may[fn]fear theLORDyour God[fn]forever.”Joshua4:24(NASB)

God brought the Israelites miraculously through the Jordan River during the flood season because of his love and grace and to fulfill his promises to them. But he was also making an important statement about himself and his people. He always wanted Israel to "reverence" him. In addition, he wanted Israel's enemies to quake with fear. They did. And God won a great victory for himself and his people because of his faith.

Prayer:
Holy and majestic God, you are clothed in righteousness and bathed in glory. I want to always treat you with the respect and reverence you deserve. Please forgive me for the times when I was not as reverent or respectful of you as you deserve. Forgive me when I didn't hold your name up as holy when others were using it in vain. You are worthy of my life, my love, and my all. I want to bring praise to you now and forever. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let your eyes look directly ahead And let your[fn]gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet And all your ways will be established.Proverbs4:25-26(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 21, 2015

Devotional:

“O Lord, I beseech You, may Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant and the prayer of Your servants who delight to[fn]revere Your name, and make Your servant successful today and grant him compassion before this man.” Now I was the cupbearer to the king.Nehemiah1:11(NASB)

God takes great delight when we pray asking for his guidance and help! This is especially true when the focus of our efforts is on building up his people and his Kingdom. Nehemiah comes as God's servant. He's not giving God a "go do" list using prayer to make God his servant. Instead, Nehemiah's heart burns with the needs of God's people. The rest of the book of Nehemiah is proof that God loves his children to pray when the desires of their heart are on his people and his will.

Prayer:
Precious and righteous Father, please use me today as your servant. Take my words and use them to bless, encourage, and comfort. Take my influence and use it to mend and inspire. Take my time and fill it up with your concerns. May the glory and honor of all I do ultimately bring glory to you. Your grace has saved me, please now use me to share that grace with others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The[fn]naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps.Proverbs14:15(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 23, 2015

Devotional:

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or[fn]shifting shadow.James1:17(NASB)

He doesn't waver! Isn't that comforting? God is consistent and in his consistency, he gives good gifts. He created the world in all its majesty and gave it to us to use. When sin strangled life, God gave us the promise and executed it through Abraham and the Israelites. When death claimed us, he gave us Jesus, crucified and resurrected, to give us the assurance of our victory over sin and death. There is no shadow in that brilliant light and we are assured that light will keep on shining!

Prayer:
Gracious and generous God Almighty, thank you for consistently giving me your grace, your gifts, your love, and your promises. I have no one; I have nothing, that compares to you. Thank you for all your many gifts in Jesus name! Amen.

Wisdom:
Train up a child[fn]in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.Proverbs22:6(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 24, 2015

Devotional:

God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there is anyone who[fn]understands, Who seeks after God.Psalm 53:2(NASB)

Are you a "God-seeker"? Through much of history, especially when things are going well or in times of great wickedness, God has not found many who seek after him. But he's looking! He's searching! It matters to him! Just as God walked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day before sin destroyed their relationship, God longs to walk with us. But he's looking for those whose hearts are yearning for his presence in their lives. So let's yearn!

Prayer:
Searching Father, Almighty King, my heart yearns to know you and to be known by you. I look forward to the day that I see you face to face. Until that day, please show your presence in my life and do your will in my character. May others see my life and know that I am your child and that I live to exalt your holy name. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My son, do not forget my[fn]teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments;For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you.Proverbs3:1-2(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 25, 2015

Devotional:

you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.2 Corinthians9:11(NASB)

As we examine our blessings and give thanks to God for his wonderful grace, let's ask why God has blessed us so much. Let's also remember the primary spiritual principle that God made clear in today's Scripture and also in his call to Abraham in Genesis12:2: God's people are blessed to be a blessing. Let's make sure we are not just recipients of God's blessings. Let's commit to be conduits of those blessings to others.

Prayer:
Thank you, generous Father, for giving your many lavish gifts to me. Open my eyes to see how I can pass on those blessings to those around me who need them. As I share the blessings you have so richly given me, may others find their greatest blessing of all — your loving grace — and give thanks to you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you.Proverbs9:11(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 26, 2015

Devotional:

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are [fn]crushed in spirit.Psalm 34:18 (NASB)

While many of us are richly blessed spiritually and physically, many of God's people face hardship and difficulty. You may be one of those in difficult circumstances. Please remember that God has not abandoned you. Jesus is the great reminder that God cares and involves himself with the broken, forgotten, and downtrodden. Please know as well, that tens of thousands are praying for you today in the prayer that follows.

Prayer:
O God, please be with those whose lives are difficult and filled with pain and sadness. Please minister in personal and mighty ways to every believer with a crushed spirit. Dear Father, please rekindle the hope of every discouraged Christian. Empower them as they hold on to their faith. Pour out your Spirit with power, strengthening each weary and burdened heart. Help each one of your children hold onto his or her faith, finding a renewed sense of hope in your presence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Or how [fn]can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.Matthew 7:4-5 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 27, 2015

Devotional:

Seek good and not evil, that you may live; And thus may the LORD God of hosts be with you, Just as you have said!Amos 5:14 (NASB)

Isn't it amazing how many people claim God is on their side. God has been "claimed" by those seeking to enforce slavery, practice prejudice, lie, bribe officials, practice hypocrisy, force injustice on the powerless, and practice "ethnic cleansing." But God makes the test pretty simple: do what is good, seek after the good, or you're not related to me! In the words of the prophet Amos, that meant equity for all peoples in court, in the marketplace, and in the place of worship. If we're claiming God is on our side, then we'd better draw close to the side of God, the side of good, justice, and mercy as God defines them!

Prayer:
Precious and Almighty God, full of mercy and lover of justice and fairness, I praise you for your concern for those who are often forgotten. By the presence of your Holy Spirit within me, convict me when I side with evil and oppression and stir me to work for the salvation of others, of my culture, and of my world — not just eternal salvation, but salvation from evil and hatred that are so prevalent. May your Kingdom dawn more brightly in our world as it does in your heart and will for us. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
It is by his deeds that a lad [fn]distinguishes himself If his conduct is pure and right.Proverbs 20:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 28, 2015

Devotional:

Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me,Romans 15:30 (NASB)

God's people and God's ministries are constantly under attack. Satan does not sit idly by while his kingdom is plundered. But those on the front lines of ministry do not need to fight alone. You can help them. You can "join the struggle" by praying to God for them. Others you know need similar prayers. More than money, more than pats on the back, more than notoriety or success, God's servants and God's work need your prayerful support.

Prayer:
Almighty and Sovereign God, please bless and protect and empower these servants who are on my heart today... LORD, please bless the ministries, ministers, and missionaries of your Church and please dear God, deliver your children who are under oppression and persecution for the name of Jesus. To you, O God, belongs all power and honor and glory. In the name of my conquering King, your Lamb who was slain, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good [fn]repute In the sight of God and man.Proverbs 3:3-4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
November 30, 2015

Devotional:

“But go and learn [fn]what this means: ‘I DESIRE [fn]COMPASSION, [fn]AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”Matthew 9:13 (NASB)

God is merciful. Yes, we do remember those blazing occasions when he was fed up and furious with the unrighteousness and rebellion of his people. But, we remember them precisely because they were so striking and because they did not occur that frequently in the hundreds of years he led the Israelites. God has shown us his heart. God showed it to Nineveh despite Jonah. God revealed his heart in Jesus' compassion to people. God has demonstrated his mercy and love with you and me by calling us, sinners, to his side and to bring us salvation. He will not leave us unchanged and content with our sin. Yes, he does call us to repentance. But, the very fact that the Almighty God, ruler of heaven and earth would pause and invite us near and give us a chance to know his grace is almost too good to be true. That same God calls us to share that same mercy to others.

Prayer:
Thank you, Almighty God, for being tender as well as powerful, forgiving as well as righteous, and merciful as well as holy. Please mature me in these sets of character defining traits. I don't want to be self-righteous, but righteous. I don't want to be a bully, but compassionately strong. I don't want to be sanctimonious, but true and merciful. Please fill me with your Spirit and gently confront me in those areas that need growth and change. May others see in me a reflection of you. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am [fn]giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may [fn]live long on the land which the LORD your God is giving you for all time.”Deuteronomy 4:40 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 1, 2015

Devotional:

‘Give us this day [fn]our daily bread.Matthew 6:11 (NASB)

Why do we do the things we do? What is the motivation for our behavior? It's so easy to fall into the trap of doing religious things so we will look good to others. This is true even when culture reacts negatively to our faith. Those around us who know about our faith and the Christians around us become the target of our behavior. While we do want to have the right kind of influence on everyone around us, we must never make our decisions about spiritual service on the basis of being seen by others to be honored because of it. Our goal must be to honor God and bless others!

Prayer:
Almighty God, please purify my heart of any false motivation and help me serve others based on their need and my desire to honor you in helping them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.2 Peter 3:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 2, 2015

Devotional:

“God is [fn]spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”John 4:24 (NASB)

Without the Spirit, we are not children of God. Without the Spirit, the cleansing power of Jesus' sacrifice would not be fully implemented in us. Without the Spirit, we cannot worship God in the ways he wants because God is Spirit. Our worship must be "Spirit to Spirit" and done in a way that pleases God and that is according to his will.

Prayer:
Holy and Almighty God, I want to be one of your worshippers. I want to worship you "Spirit to Spirit." I want to honor you by worshipping you according to your will. In all of my life and all of my praise, I want you to be honored. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who [fn]are perishing, but to us who [fn]are being saved it is the power of God.1 Corinthians 1:18 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 3, 2015

Devotional:

“For if you forgive [fn]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.Matthew 6:14 (NASB)

As Christians, we live in the environment of forgiveness and grace. As we forgive others, the basis of that forgiveness is the incredible debt that God has already forgiven us (Matthew 18). But at the same time, as God sees that his forgiveness is kept in circulation and passed on to others by us, he joyously pours out more forgiveness on us. As hard as it is to forgive someone when we have been genuinely harmed, Jesus wants us to know that the blessings of doing so far outweigh the costs!

Prayer:
Loving and just God, thank you for cleansing and forgiving me by the atoning sacrifice of your Son Jesus. Thank you for challenging me to forgive others as you have forgiven me. Thank you for demanding that your people be a community of forgiveness. Forgive us, and especially forgive me, when we are reluctant, slow, or suspicious about forgiveness. I ask especially that you will forgive ___ for ____, and I ask you to bless this person with your love and grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement. “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” Galatians 5:14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 4, 2015

Devotional:

“Come to Me, all [fn]who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.Matthew 11:28 (NASB)

Where do you go when you are exhausted and in need of rest? No bed, no vacation, no retreat can give us a truly refreshing rest if that rest doesn't involve coming to Jesus. So what are you waiting for? Come to Jesus and and enjoy the blessings of his presence, his love, his forgiveness, his grace, and his rest!

Prayer:
Almighty God, your Son Jesus is my strength and hope. I look forward to the day when he returns in triumph for me and all of your children. But Father, I want to know him better and to live for him with an undivided heart. I want to find rest in his presence, meaning in his service, and significance in his acceptance. Please bless me as I journey toward a deeper relationship with you and as I gain a more profound knowledge of your Son. In the name of Jesus Christ my Lord, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [fn]lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, [fn]dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 5, 2015

Devotional:

“For I satisfy the weary ones and [fn]efresh everyone who languishes.”Jeremiah 31:25 (NASB)

In the overwhelming, hair-raising, and depressing prophecies of Jeremiah, God repeatedly told his people he would destroy them for their obstinate and hardened hearts. Yet in the middle of these powerful and scorching warnings, God also slips in passages that soar with hope and grace. Can you think of anything more reassuring than God's promise to "refresh the weary and satisfy the faint"? For seventy years, that's all Israel had — God's promise. But when the time came, God made good on his word. I believe he will do the same with us today!

Prayer:
Great Shepherd, I am tired and weary. Please refresh my Spirit and my body. Please help me find satisfaction in the abundance you have already so graciously shared with me. To you belongs all glory, honor, strength and power. I joyously submit myself in faith, waiting for the rest and satisfaction you have promised. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
[fn]An evil man is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, But the righteous will escape from trouble. Proverbs 12:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 7, 2015

Devotional:

From there they went out and beganto go through Galilee, and He did not want anyone to know about it. For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, “The Son of Man is to be [fn]delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later.”Mark 9:30-31 (NASB)

We often seek to attract large crowds to our churches, crusades, and rallies. Jesus also ministered to large crowds. But his strongest teaching on discipleship occurs away from the crowds, when he is alone with his disciples. What the crowds are able to accept is not enough to call mature disciples to that next level in their walk with the Savior. So Jesus withdrew for intensive teaching with a small group of committed disciples so he could mature them and make them ready for future challenges.

Prayer:
Holy God, please bless the people in my Bible study group and all those everywhere that are seeking to follow you no matter the cost. Please lead me to a small group of believers with whom I can share my life and through whom you will challenge me to grow in my surrender to the Lordship of Christ. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The one who says he is in the Light and yethates his brother is in the darkness until now. 1 John 2:9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 8, 2015

Devotional:

As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore.John 6:66 (NASB)

This verse haunts me. Not just because of the three numbers in the reference, but because it is a great reminder that many folks simply gave up following Jesus when things became hard to understand. When he shattered their preconceived notions of religious things, when he confronted them about their motives, they went away. What will I do when things get difficult in my discipleship and I can't figure out all the answers to what is going on? I hope, I pray, I trust that I will follow until the way and the will of the Lord become more clear!

Prayer:
Awesome God, I confess openly that I cannot begin to understand all the complexities of your will and the way you work in our world. But Father, when I'm confused, please bring people into my life who will help me hang on to my faith until the confusion passes. And today, dear Father, please use me to help bless someone who is struggling with his or her faith. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed arethey who did not see, and yet believed.” John 20:29 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 9, 2015

Devotional:

Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.John 6:68 (NASB)

When Jesus asked his disciples if they would leave him like everyone else had, Peter's response is powerful and great. He knew where truth originated! He had heard the voice on the Mountain saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; listen to him!" He had seen Jesus' words change reality and destroy barriers to God's love and truth. Indeed, he knew that there was no one else who had the words of eternal life! So who are you listening to?

Prayer:
Almighty God, thank you for making Jesus so accessible to me. Jesus helps me see the full extent of your love. Jesus helps me more completely understand your message about wanting to redeem me and make me your own. I want to always come to Jesus for truth, grace, refreshment, and hope. There is no other one that I want to be my Lord except my crucified Savior, Jesus. Today, Father, gently confront me in those areas where I have yet to fully yield to your Son's lordship in my life. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A tranquil heart is life to the body, But passion is rottenness to the bones. Proverbs 14:30 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 10, 2015

Devotional:

Do not be [fn]bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?2 Corinthians 6:14 (NASB)

There is probably no other Scripture that has produced more conflict for ministers than this one. While not applying just to marriage, this verse is a powerful reminder that when we make life-long partnerships with those who do not share our deepest values, we are endangering our spiritual health. Just as God would not allow the Israelites under the Law to yoke a donkey and an ox together because it would ultimately break them both down, Paul reminds Christians that the same is true in their deepest relationships as well.

Prayer:
Father God, I know your will is not arbitrary. I know you want what is best for me. So please give me wisdom as I choose my partners and my closest friends. Help us to help each other live for you and share your blessings and grace. Help us to influence others to come to know you, your mercy, and your salvation more completely. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.Matthew 5:39 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 11, 2015

Devotional:

In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. John 1:4-5(NASB)

Life! Not just living, but true, genuine life. Life that gives us light that darkness cannot steal away. That's why God sent Jesus! Thankfully that light still shines and all of Satan's horses and all of Satan's men cannot put their deepest darkest darkness together again! Hallelujah!

Prayer:
For every good and perfect gift, for the light I have even in my moments of deepest darkness, for the hope I have of living with you in glorious and unapproachable light, I thank you and praise you with eternal joy, now and forevermore. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD, We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.Psalm 118:26(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 12,2015

Devotional:

I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. Philippians 4:12(NASB)

Contentment! Mmmm, I'd like to have a little of that; how about you? I find it hard to be contented about almost anything. My performance is not up to par. My weight isn't where it should be. My words were a little insensitive in the last conversation. It's even easier to slip into recognizing what we don't have financially and then pursue that. But before money, possessions, health, or any other thing can be truly enjoyed, we first have to learn that contentment is not based on our circumstances but our salvation.

Prayer:
Almighty and generous God, you are the giver of all good gifts, so now I would like your help in finding the gift of contentment. Bless me as you choose, for I know deep in my heart that no blessing can compare to being your child and being loved and known personally by you. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has [fn]been approved, he will receive the crown of life whichthe Lordhas promised to those who love Him.James 1:12(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 14, 2015

Devotional:

“For this reason I say to you, [fn]do not be worried about your [fn]ife, as towhat you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as towhat you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Matthew 6:25(NASB)

Worries are many and they all seem to crowd in around bill time, don't they. Jesus reminded us that life is more than food or clothes. The real question is whether we can live like life is more than food and clothing. We get deceived so easily, like Esau who sold his birthright for a bowl of soup. Let's not sell out what is precious for the allure of what will most likely end in difficulty and entanglements or at the very least doesn't have eternal value.

Prayer:
Generous Father, banish fear and selfishness from my heart. I know you have already provided the most incredible gift of all time. Please help me pursue you and your will and not the things that choke out your presence in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.Ephesians 6:13(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 15, 2015

Devotional:

Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.1 Timothy 6:17(NASB)

It is awfully easy to try to build our security around money, isn't it? But world catastrophes, economic collapses, embargoes, and natural disasters can wipe out the basis of our security if it is in earthly wealth or physical things. But if our hope is in God, we get to share the bounty of his blessings in the world around us and the assurance that what is most important in our life cannot be taken away from us.

Prayer:
Faithful and loving God, I am so thankful that you are the one in whom I can find my identity, values, hope, security, and future. You have blessed me in so many ways, but please help as I'm working to put my trust in you and not in earthly wealth or possessions. To you belong all glory and praise, now and forever. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 16, 2015

Devotional:

For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.Philemon 1:7(NASB)

Wouldn't this description of Philemon be a great one to have said about you! To be loved, supported, and encouraged by an encourager is to have your heart refreshed and your attitude lifted. Let's make a commitment to be an "encourager" who refreshes the hearts of those around us this week.

Prayer:
Tender and loving God, thank you for leading the people into my life who have encouraged me when I most needed it. Please give me the eyes to see and the heart to serve those around me who desperately need my encouragement. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessedare the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.Revelation 14:13(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 17, 2015

Devotional:

Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Psalm 25:4-5(NASB)

Life can be so confusing. There are so many choices for us as we decide the values that will govern our lives. So how are we going to find the best way, God's way, to live? We will ask God to show us! Our hope is in him. Our salvation is in him. So why not ask him to guide us and teach us his truth? Why not expect that he will make his will known for us? If our hearts are open to his truth and we are seeking his path, he will make his will known.

Prayer:
O mighty God, the only true guide to life, please help me to know your will more completely. I want to live for you and to please you. I want others to know of my allegiance to you — not just because of the words I speak, but also through the character of my conduct. In Jesus' name I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2(NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 18, 2015

Devotional:

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.Jeremiah 33:3 (NASB)

God wants us to seek him and call out to him. He wants to answer us and tell us about things beyond our human comprehension. He longs to draw us close so that we can know him. Like a scared child calls out to a loving father in the next room, we too can call on him knowing that our Father will answer, protect, and comfort us. Even more than that, our Father will reveal to us things that would be impossible for us to know without his grace.

Prayer:
Almighty God and Abba Father, I do want to know you and to be known by you. Yes, there are things in my heart and my life that I wish were not there. But I know your grace and I am confident that you know my heart and its desire to reflect your glory, share your grace, and display your character. Thank you for the gift of being your child and having my future secured. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.James 1:19-20 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 19, 2015

Devotional:

Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, andPethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.Nehemiah 9:5(NASB)

"Stand up and shout it if you love my Jesus..." That's a song our children love to sing! But what happens to that youthful exuberance and joy at worshiping the Lord? Scripture seems to show us that God doesn't want us to lose it. Read through the Bible and highlight all the physical acts used to reverence and praise our awesome and eternal God. In a world which regularly uses God's name in vain, isn't it time we stood up and praised him — not only in church (our private worship) and our daily devotionals (our personal worship), but also in our lives every day (our public worship)?!

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I find it incomprehensible that an eternal and mighty God would choose to listen to my prayers. Yet I know you do hear them and respond to them. Thank you! Please be praised in my worship, whether I offer it in private with other Christians at church, in my daily personal worship, or in my public worship as I live as an example before my coworkers. You alone are God and worthy of all praise; please be praised in my life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Saying., Blessed arethey whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.Romans 4:7(NASB)