Daily Washing: The Secret to long hair?

Songbirdb

I wash or co wash daily and my hair does thrive from this, but the only downside I've found is that I have hard water and I think its causing split ends. I don't want to do the distilled water rinse afterwards though. So I'm wondering if I should just slow it down. I did find that daily washes do help me stretch and retain moisture tho. And it helps me keep my hands outta my head because I do a protective style immediately.

AtlantaJJ

These wonderful posts have inspired me to become a daily washer!! I used a
on my TWA this morning and then did an oil rinse with Wonder 8 oil. It was very nice, I've had this conditioner for a while but it was the first time I used it as a co-wash. It made my hair feel really nice!

Thanks so much for this thread. I will post my progress here.​

AtlantaJJ

I have a friend with hair between BSL and her waist. She gets her hair braided every 6 weeks. Guess how often she washes her hair? When she takes the braids down. She doesn't deep condition, trim, co-wash, moisturize/seal...none of that. Just take the braids down, wash/conditon and rebraid. Works for her...wouldn't work for me.
My scalp would itch so badly that I would have to have my hands tied to avoid digging a whole in my head!! LOL

sugaplum

Star Shooter
BUMP this thread is so informative. What else are you ladies using for conditioner washes? I use Aveda Dry Remedy conditioner at it is the best. :up: