Deep Wave "curlformers"... Hmmmm

CurlyRy

the ease with which i got these in is making me rethink curlformers in general. I think i just have more skill with my hair now so maybe I should revisit the extra wide extra longs.
Girl, if you give these things a good review I just might be back to buying curlformers :perplexed: (I know I don't need 'em)

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I used Redken Anti Snap as a leave in. I hope I won't end up with a puffball of frizz after I pull it back for a while lol.
Excuse the scary editing lol.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I've seen these and watched youtube videos even. These and the ones that look like snails/bantu knots are the most interesting shapes I wanted to try. Test it and report back with pics please :D

ETA: I found a youtube video of an asian girl using it

LOL. That's just a loose braid-out. Sea-salt spray by OGX can give the same results if you scrunch.

I see Black folx is moving up...jacking the texture! Remember those stretching plates? Seems they jacked that idea as well. Whatever happened to that business?

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
went out grocery shopping and so far the style has held up. but i wonder how it will look tomorrow morning. i think people like me better with waves/curls as opposed to straight hair. i think i get more attention this way :lol:
kinda makes sense since my natural self is a curly person, not a straight haired one even though i wear it straight 99% of the time.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
LOL. That's just a loose braid-out. Sea-salt spray by OGX can give the same results if you scrunch.

I see Black folx is moving up...jacking the texture! Remember those stretching plates? Seems they jacked that idea as well. Whatever happened to that business?
sea salt spray isn't gonna do that to my hair :lol:

yes i was wondering what happened to the CWK plates...

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
@ShredsofDignity

I like your result! How's it looking today?

Has anyone with 3b, 3c, or 4a natural hair used these yet? I wanna order, but I bought 60 curlformers a few years ago and never even used them, smh

The waves loosened and my hair frizzed a bit. I actually put some back in last night and slept with them :lol:.
My hair always loses whatever curl or wave pattern is in it. Braidouts, wash n go's... I cannot keep the curls and waves. I end up with straightish frizzy awful looking hair if i pull it back even fairly loosely. Even long before my hair was heat damaged it stretched out easily.
So that part is disappointing. Idk how to keep these waves in :(

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
i'm going to try this again later using a little gel on each section. I have no setting lotion.I'm hoping i can get more staying power that way because right now my hair is just poofy straight :(.
its all stretched out.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
so I didn't use setting lotion or gel but i sprayed them heavily with a soft hairspray. They still stretched way too much after being pulled back while i slept. This is basically a one day style :(.
I've never used setting lotion but I have a feeling my hair would hate it.

blackbarbie986

sea salt spray isn't gonna do that to my hair :lol:

yes i was wondering what happened to the CWK plates...
They've come out with a few new products. I hate that weren't able to use their double sided design. I bought an order when they first came out and still haven't used them.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
@kodochax, you're good at searching for these things. I need help in finding the 8 or 11 inch ones on a site other than the magicleverag site. The shipping is so expensive and will take forever. I can't find them anywhere else :(.
I want to try using some just toward my ends to sleep in. The 20 inch ones are too long for that.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Anyone ever seen these before? Used them? They are not Curlformers brand but just some Chinese import stuff.

The shape is interesting, a deep wave pattern as opposed to a spiral curl
I'm very, very temped to try them. I think these would give a curl that matches my natural curl much better than the spiral curls of normal Curlformers

I'm going to try these.

I've never used regular curl formers because I don't like the spirals they produce. So I'm not sure what LENGTH of these wave formers I should purchase.

My hair is a little past shoulder length when stretched. What size of these do you think I should order? Thanks in advance!