Does any one else have natural hair that doesnt curl?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Some natural hair does not curl. It could be the texture or bad hair care like extensive heat use. I also lost my curls by trying to maxiglide it. I fried it strait and my hair was not happy about it. Since that incident, I've decided to leave heat alone.:rolleyes:

SoAnxious12

i know exactly how you feel. For the longest time when i was younger, my hair was a straight/wavy frizz planet/bush thing!!!. Then as i went through puberty it became more wavy. Now i'm almost done with puberty (19) and my hair is straight at the roots in some areas the first 2in other areas the first 1/2in. then super wavy and finally at the ends in forms sprials,ringlets, and coils of varying sizes everywhere on my head.

Jynkx

im glad to hear that soooo many of us have this. the hair in the very back has been groing straight for several years now. it is so strange to me and it is the reason for my drastic "v". lol.

DivaD04

It doesn't really. The only way mine shows waves is when it is pulled back into a ponytail.

i noticed that once i put gel on my hair too if my hair will curl, uh uh so i slicked it back and then it'll wave up. i only did this once to see what it'll look like and that's all i got, no curls no nothing. if i poo and/or co my hair and let it be all i get is millions of tiny full coils and that's it. when it dries no curl patterns or nothing.

sunshinelady

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused now:ohwell:. I thought 4b hair had NO curl or wave pattern...wet or dry?

It doesn't have one when the hair is out. It does show a bit of a wave pattern when you slick it back. For me, more than anything, it is just my new growth poking through, looking like waves.

JustKiya

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused now:ohwell:. I thought 4b hair had NO curl or wave pattern...wet or dry?

:lol:

4b hair doesn't have a curl or wave pattern - but it usually tends to have plenty of waves and curls - :lachen::lachen:- otherwise we would be 1a, or something. :lol:

kblc06

:look::look: My hair doesnt curl, only waves when wet. I have tried curl creams, oils, gels everything but, my natural pattern is a deep wave not a curl of any type. Is anyone else like this or is it just me? I keep trying to acheive those ringlet curls and DH finally told me this week to "give it up" my hair just doesnt do that (unless I want to do spiral, pin or some other type of set).

This is exactly my hair type. While it appears as though I have vastly different "textures" it really just varies between very large (type 3a) s-waves to tight (4a) s-waves. The longer it grows the looser the S becomes :ohwell:

cmesweet

My front is weird. It doesn't want to hold a curl, nor does it wave much. In fact, it straightens out.

My denman brush gives my front ends curls and some in the middle of my head.