Just used my Denman....WOWZA!!!!

clarity2008

I just bought a Denman brush (D3) and I think I am in love. With my 3b/3c hair i struggle curl definition and frizz. This brush REALLY defines my curls! Today I clarified and when I got out of the shower I added a DC and then combed through with the denman. I could actually see it distributing the product onto EVERY strand. I cannot believe I waited so long to try this. Ladies, if you don't have a denman, go get one...NOW!!!

'Tis all!

:yay:

Muffinz05

Girl, I know how you feel. I was happy and mad when I first used the brush because I was mad that I was sleeping on it but I was also happy that I get a lot of definition by using it. It made my wash and go's much easier and it cut my time literally in half with doing my hair.

sowhut

Girl, I know how you feel. I was happy and mad when I first used the brush because I was mad that I was sleeping on it but I was also happy that I get a lot of definition by using it. It made my wash and go's much easier and it cut my time literally in half with doing my hair.
Geesh! Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

anyway i have a denman and i am relaxed, i didnt love it the way i wanted to. I think im going to try the D4 before i totally give up on it.

Milkyway

I actually bought the D4 brush a few months ago and I'm very happy I did! Makes detangling easier!

SheenaVee

i have the D3, im transitioning so its good for detangling. cnt wait till im fully natural so i can use it for curl definition too.

sillygirl82

The denman brush feels so good on my scalp. Plus it really distributes product very well. I had never heard of the brush until I read these forums.

LABETT

Check your local Sallys the denman brushes are on sale for $6.99.
I bought 2 last week because I love them so much.

V0nDiva

can some please tell me what's the big uproar over this brush.?
Where can it be purchased ect ect

I don't get it, aren't there other brushes that works just as well?

momi

I'm trying to tell ya!

This brush is the truth - I have two... one for a backup!

sillygirl82

can some please tell me what's the big uproar over this brush.?
Where can it be purchased ect ect

I don't get it, aren't there other brushes that works just as well?

I think it is the rubber base of the brush. It eases static. Plus the nylon bristles are great at detangling.

The brushes are sold at Amazon.com, TradeSecret, Sally's Beauty, and the denman store.

http://www.denmanbrush.com/

MizAvalon

This brush sounds amazing. I definitely need to try it, especially since I have that Sally's coupon.:yep:

sillygirl82

I used my denman for the first time from start to finish while washing and styling my hair today. I had less breakage and my hair came out smoother. So buy this brush if you already haven't. I have the D3 brush.

metro_qt

I love my denman too..
it doesn't even think about breaking in all my hair...

I had the GOODY brush, with the jojoba bristles.. someone had made a thread about it.. loved it.. then all the bristles started breaking off...

Not my trusty denman...

vnaps

Funny...i walked into a hair place which doesnt cater for african hair and saw a denman brush going for 30 australian dollars. i thought geez this is my lucky day. bought it withou thinking twice although i must admit $30 is a bit pricey. but i did it. and i logged on to see what people have to say about it although i have heard a few raves bout it

ive just tried it out and think i might use it bit too often coz my hair felt great after. and i dont know if its just me but i think it distributed my moistuizer better than would normally happen with my comb.

i feel a bit guilty...hopefully i wont use it too often. i must admit i got a lot more hair in the brush than i do when i comb with my wide toothed. i have checked out my hairs and i think it is more shedding hair than breakage (and there is some breakage.) will see how i go.

btw i got the 9 row styling comb. they only had that one plus the 7 row.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I'm glad the denman worked out for you!

I don't use my denman for styling. It does not make my curls pop, it just smooshes them together in for the most part. I love it for detangling and getting shed hairs.

poookie

is it reaaaaaaaally worth it for relaxed hair?

yes. though not for curl definition, but to remove shed hairs. i'm relaxed, and wear curly rollersets the majority of the week, so my shed hairs never actually shed. i use the denman on each section of hair before i put it onto a roller, and that's virtually eliminated tangles caused by shed hairs stuck in the length of your hair.

however, if you aren't able to go to sally's and buy an actual denman, look for a paddle brush with strong bristles. i found a denman-like knockoff brush at ross for 2.99, and it's been working great.

butterfly_wings

Yep I love mine, I use it whilst cowashing it really helps when rinshing out the conditioner to get a sleek style.

I also got the paddle brush and the vent brush but the D3/D4 is much better