Devacurl Products

girlonfire

Does anyone like devacurl products? I like the styling cream and the light hold gel. When I got my hair cut my stylist used them in my hair and I think that was the greatest my hair has ever looked. I feel some type of way about the conditioner though. I feel like it doesn't have a whole lot of slip but it's still moisturizing after my hair has tried if feels soft.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I like there shampoo. There conditioner did nothing for my hair. I think I need to dilute it with water. I have there sample kit.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Tried them for the first time recently as a curlfriend raves about them. I have fractals or 4c hair. Their NoPoo felt terrible on my hair, and my hair didn't feel clean afterwards. I followed up w/a shampoo bar. I used OneCondition with the Ultra Defining Gel and together gave very firm curl definition, but the gel is just too thick and made my hair grayish. I rinsed it out in the morning and tried the Light Defining Gel w/OneCondition and this combo is awesome. I got firm root-to-tip curl definition w/this combo also and w/o the gray film. I've also tried DevaCare's OneCondition thinking it would be more moisturizing, but it wasn't. I will be trying DevaCurl's deep conditioner, though it's pricey.

calibella218

I wanted to like thear products but I only really liked to No-Poo. All of the other products dried my hair out really badly. I really loved the Mister Right spray too (fabulous scent) but again, super drying.

faithVA

I love DevaCurl One but nothing else really worked for me. DevaCurl one is probably one of the best instant conditioners I have used.

PatTodd

Devacurl products are my HGs. I have very defined 3c-4a curls and these products give them LIFE! I like the No-poo (but it makes my scalp a little itchy so I rarely use it). I co-wash and de tangle with VO-5 or some other slippery cheapie, then use One Condition for my last co-wash. I style with One Condition and Heaven in Hair (a deep conditioner, super slippery, and my favorite product EVER). Then I seal with a good old fashioned pomade and I have the bomb definition, long lasting moisture and NO frizz.

girlonfire

Devacurl products are my HGs. I have very defined 3c-4a curls and these products give them LIFE! I like the No-poo (but it makes my scalp a little itchy so I rarely use it). I co-wash and de tangle with VO-5 or some other slippery cheapie, then use One Condition for my last co-wash. I style with One Condition and Heaven in Hair (a deep conditioner, super slippery, and my favorite product EVER). Then I seal with a good old fashioned pomade and I have the bomb definition, long lasting moisture and NO frizz.
So you don't detangle with one condition? Have you tried that? How was it?
I think I'll try the heaven in hair then, thanks.

PatTodd

So you don't detangle with one condition? Have you tried that? How was it?
I think I'll try the heaven in hair then, thanks.

One Condition is a fabulous detangler, but I am heavy handed, so I start off with the cheapies:drunk:.

But there is something about the ingredients in One Condition that clumps curls perfectly, and Heaven in Hair provides hold. I don't use gel at all anymore. Let me know what you think!

Ajna

I really wanted to like their products and the only one that kind of worked for me is the DecaCurl One Condition. The gel and no poo were meh at best.

To be fair the DevaCare line was a disaster and because of the price I have been hesitant to try any of their other styling products.

faithVA

Yeah, I forgot about the Heaven in Hair. I did like that too. It is very pricey though.

girlonfire

Yeah, I forgot about the Heaven in Hair. I did like that too. It is very pricey though.
I saw on curl mart $24 and change for 8oz!?! I'm clutching my walleto_O. But knowing me, I'll take the dive eventually. This the best hair I've had in a while. These product consistently deliver. Sometimes I'm a little heavy handed with the gel but I don't have to do like crazy guessing games with it.

Speaking of that. Faith I have not forgotten about those pics. It's on my to do list!

girlonfire

One Condition is a fabulous detangler, but I am heavy handed, so I start off with the cheapies:drunk:.

But there is something about the ingredients in One Condition that clumps curls perfectly, and Heaven in Hair provides hold. I don't use gel at all anymore. Let me know what you think!
Hmm I just might fall back on Mr.Vo5. Haven't used that in years!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Always wanted to try the Heaven in Hair and DevaCurl One, but just never got around to purchasing them.

The DevaCurl No Poo is a good staple and a repeat purchase

girlonfire

I purchased a devafuser last week and it was sitting on my porch when I got home last night! I was expecting it to be here monday but it came early!
I can't wait to use it. It fits my really old gold n hot hair dryer well enough. I really feel like this is the missing piece to my perfect wash and go. My hair was perfect what I first got it cut but I have not been able to recapture the same magic and my stylist used the diffuser on me. Side: I don't think I'll be going back to her, I get the feeling that she's shady.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags

I agree. Not sure what it is about One Condition, but it really brings out curl definition.

LavenderMint

Since they came out with the Decadence line, that's what I've been using. I have yet to find an inexpensive slippy conditioner that I can detangle my 4ab head with that doesn't leave my hair feeling dry. I haven't yet tried the deep conditioner (maybe next week since I'm due to get more Decadence conditioner) or the gels but I do like the supercream with WetLine Extreme.
Mister Right is hit or miss & I feel like I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doin for my hair.

so1913

I go to Devachan Salon for my cuts, but the products, no matter what combonation we try just don't work on my hair. They always flake and leave an ashy finish :(

I want to love them just because I know they are ingredient conscious and they smell great, but my hair says NO!