Difference between blow dryer and hooded dryer..

natural_one

Is there really any difference? Is my hair being treated better if I sit under the dryer instead of blow drying it? I know now that air drying doesnt work for me and i need heat after washing sooo any suggestions?

rdm

Blow dryer is considered by some as DIRECT heat. A hooded dryer is considered INDIRECT heat, which is supposed to be better for your hair.

VirtuousGal

Well blowdrying is a direct blast of heat against your hairshaft, and most people blow with comb attachments as well as brushes, pulling at the hair while wet, and wet is typically a more vulnerable stage. Sitting under the dryer is more like gently heating the hair to help it dry from a distance, products can work better as it works its magic over the 30 min plus that you sit there as opposed to wham bam blow my hair out. Its like the difference between being in a walk-in freezer as opposed to just being in a room with great AC...both cool you down, but one is obviously more drastic than the other.

lsubabiedee

Blow dryer = direct heat
hooded dryer = indirect heat

Although I'm sure one could hold a blow dryer far enough away from the hair that it could be considered indirect. And we all know how damn hot some hooded dryers can get.