Does anyone protect there hair before hood dryer?

soslychic

I notice that most save the heat protectants for blow drying and flat ironing. Is there anyone that protects before drying under a hooded dryer?

ms_kenesha

Yes, I put in a leave-in/heat protectant before I go under the hooded dryer because to me heat is heat and the top layer of your hair esp. gets blasted under the hooded dryer.

Allandra

The same heat protectants used for blow drying are also good for hooded dryers. I use my New Image when I use my hooded dryer (from time-to-time).

debyjay

Re: Does anyone protect there hair before hood dry

Good question soslchic! ms kenesha, you are so right about the top layer of our hair being blasted by the heat. What heat protectant do you use?

ms_kenesha

I use my trusty Keracare leave-in (dime sized amt.) it has SPF and a heat protectant in it and now I also use Kerastase Nutri-Liss Blowdrying cream as well (8 squirts).

I just use a setting lotion on my hair. I hope it is protecting it well because it usually comes out smooth, sleek, and well moisturized.

KinksnCurlz

I use keracare oil rich blow dry lotion and a little of the leave-in

caraSC

I use Keracare's Leave In or Elasta QP Thermal Silk. The thermal silk is
. Nice shine, very nice! It has become my new staple and I am using it over the Keracare Foam set for my roller sets.