Diva Smooth Ingredient List: Listed Inside

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Paging Gymfreak!!!

I see 2-3 ingredients with acidic properties in the list. And of course, there's the honey she mentioned. I see some possible binders. I see all that would be needed to make what she has described based on her posts in the other thread: a natural means of softening your new growth between relaxers OR slightly, ever so slightly relaxing the curl/kink of some textures...with the results being greater over extended use. As she has shared, this is not meant to be a chemical straightener. Your hair will not have the wet hair straight hang that comes with relaxed hair. I see ingredients that would be needed to make a product that would make blowdrying and flatironing easier and more "polished" looking after the product has sat on the hair for 45 minutes.

That said, this is all conjecture. I have no interest in trying to duplicate it and one would need her "recipe". I just think her claims (via the other post) sound reasonable and achievable with some of the ingredients above. I don't see a need for anything additional if one's not trying to duplicate a relaxer but instead offering an alternative.

p1

What I don't comprehend is whether there is a degree of straightening that lasts for 4 weeks or is one expected to flat iron every time? They are so unspecific on their website. I think folks might respond to their product more if they were up front with what the product can and cannot do and a list of ingredients. I think it's irresponsible and silly to be so secretive about it. In that case, they should just wait for the darned patent then launch the product like everybody else does in the industry. Sigh...I was in hopes of something "relaxer" like. I hate to say it, but even Black businesses treat us like dumb n's. Hasn't anybody learned yet? We're the MOST astute clients in the beauty industry.

I personally think you can get the exact same results by adding molasses, lime, coconut creme AND Curlaway to the hair, wait several hours while it softens it (okay, I have a natural redness so it increases it which is why I stopped using the product...almost to Carrot Top:eek2:), blow dry or bonnet, silk, flat iron and keep going. But it's not going to be like a keratin treatment that will remain straight after the wash with little to no manipulation. Blast.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of Diva smooth.
organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamin e an essential oils

Nope no battery acid:lachen:all that hype you guys :lachen::lachen:

Gurl, what are the specifics? How do you use it and how long are the results? :pop:

:needpics:

Jazala

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of Diva smooth.
organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamin e an essential oils

Nope no battery acid:lachen:all that hype you guys :lachen::lachen:

THANK YOU!!! FINALLY :drunk:

Junebug D

Those ingredients, ha. I knew it was no big deal, lol. Just something else made with good ol' foodstuffs. :yep:

1babydimple

This is on the How to Apply card

1. Part hair into sections. (can be applied wet or dry. Goes smoothly with with wet or damp hair)

2. Using applicator brush (in package) apply from roots to ends until whole head is done.

3. Place plastic cap on hair. Coarse hair 45 minutes. Med-fine 35 minutes

4. Poo, rinse, condition, blow dry (hair will NOT be chemically altered)

5. Apply 1 full drop of Virgin coconut serum

6. Part hair in thin sections & flat iron

*Product is sticky - gloves are provided if you choose to not have sticky hands after application. CAN be used without gloves since it is natural.

Lucky's Mom

What I don't comprehend is whether there is a degree of straightening that lasts for 4 weeks or is one expected to flat iron every time? They are so unspecific on their website. I think folks might respond to their product more if they were up front with what the product can and cannot do and a list of ingredients. I think it's irresponsible and silly to be so secretive about it. In that case, they should just wait for the darned patent then launch the product like everybody else does in the industry. Sigh...I was in hopes of something "relaxer" like. I hate to say it, but even Black businesses treat us like dumb n's. Hasn't anybody learned yet? We're the MOST astute clients in the beauty industry.

I personally think you can get the exact same results by adding molasses, lime, coconut creme AND Curlaway to the hair, wait several hours while it softens it (okay, I have a natural redness so it increases it which is why I stopped using the product...almost to Carrot Top:eek2:), blow dry or bonnet, silk, flat iron and keep going. But it's not going to be like a keratin treatment that will remain straight after the wash with little to no manipulation. Blast.

:yep::yep::yep:

Well said my sister. I found it intersting that we know more about how these products work together....than well, I think others thought we did.

It is not rocket science... But it is some science... and there are VERY smart and savvy women here.... So....
We cannot be fooled.
I have had EXCELLENT results from ( lactic acid - milk and dairy ) Acetic Acid ( diluted??? it is ACV) and citric acid ( limes)

I won't use Xenna - but I knew what is was, basically...Vinegar.

So - DivaSmooth.....
It is a Pre Poo... Ok... Well, we have been doing that around here forever.

It uses most of the items that almost EVERYONE on the board has used or mixed up...

The directions say that one must blow Dry and Flat iron with each use....

I would not use that kind of intense heat on my hair....every week.

If Anything - it is a great DC. :rolleyes:

Again.... I am grateful to know so many Brilliant sisters on the boards....

Lucky's Mom

This is on the How to Apply card

1. Part hair into sections. (can be applied wet or dry. Goes smoothly with with wet or damp hair)

2. Using applicator brush (in package) apply from roots to ends until whole head is done.

3. Place plastic cap on hair. Coarse hair 45 minutes. Med-fine 35 minutes

4. Poo, rinse, condition, blow dry (hair will NOT be chemically altered)

5. Apply 1 full drop of Virgin coconut serum

6. Part hair in thin sections & flat iron

*Product is sticky - gloves are provided if you choose to not have sticky hands after application. CAN be used without gloves since it is natural.

UM...........:rolleyes: PRE POO!

MrsMe

Off Topic -(Your bolded statement) Sammy u are too funny - u know these young cats don't know about that!!! LOL - But that was the jam!!

In light of everything - what do YOU think about this product.
I still remember that song! :lachen: I was probably 9-11 when it came out but I remember his wife being in that video...Lisa Marie Presley, right?
To go back to the topic, these ingredients are natural... but I'm still waiting for a natural to test it out and give us pictures of before and after, without use of heat and with use of heat. It doesn't tempt me because you have to use all of that heat on your hair... :nono:

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

I still remember that song! :lachen: I was probably 9-11 when it came out but I remember his wife being in that video...Lisa Marie Presley, right?
To go back to the topic, these ingredients are natural... but I'm still waiting for a natural to test it out and give us pictures of before and after, without use of heat and with use of heat. It doesn't tempt me because you have to use all of that heat on your hair... :nono:

Well, you won't see my before and after. I have Sworn off the blow Dryer for 2009.

:nono:

Bint Yusef

I thought she was pretty clear in the other thread that this product will not make your hair straight without heat. It gives it "bounce and body". I dont think you will see anything visible on natural hair without the use of heat.

Lucky's Mom

I thought she was pretty clear in the other thread that this product will not make your hair straight without heat. It gives it "bounce and body". I dont think you will see anything visible on natural hair without the use of heat.

yep - that is true.

loulou82

The website states that DivaSmooth lasts 4 weeks. So do apply the DivaSmooth treatment + flat iron every week for a month or does one treatment last 4 weeks? The website is incorrectly marketing it as a relaxer alternative when it sounds more like a superb deep conditioning/ pre poo treatment. You still need to blow dry and flat iron.

Neith

So - DivaSmooth.....
It is a Pre Poo... Ok... Well, we have been doing that around here forever.

It uses most of the items that almost EVERYONE on the board has used or mixed up...

The directions say that one must blow Dry and Flat iron with each use....

I would not use that kind of intense heat on my hair....every week.

If Anything - it is a great DC. :rolleyes:

Again.... I am grateful to know so many Brilliant sisters on the boards....

The website states that DivaSmooth lasts 4 weeks. So do apply the DivaSmooth treatment + flat iron every week for a month or does one treatment last 4 weeks? The website is incorrectly marketing it as a relaxer alternative when it sounds more like a superb deep conditioning/ pre poo treatment. You still need to blow dry and flat iron.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking :yep:

MrsMe

I know she said it does not give you straight hair without the use of heat, but on naturals it might have different effects such as helping you define your curls or at least making the detangling process easier.

P

patient1

The bolded is how I would deal with a product worthy of a patent. I'm in agreement with you on that. However, I'm really *meh* about how other folks conduct their business if it doesn't involve my money. I'm sure most of us are that way in the end. :grin:

The keratin-based thing is already crowded enough. Only a remix of sorts could be patented. It would be a waste of time. It seems that this is an alternative to what is already available PACKAGED. You won't imagine the confusion that was created when I gave the staff at my job a simple shea-based hand cream and sugar scrub for the holidays. Purchasing raw ingredients is so foreign to the average person while it's common place for us. Fortunately for janellebeauty, we are a very small minority of available heads of hair. Marketed correctly, this product might do very well. The idea of whipping up this product (or any foodbased hair concoction) at home would *feel* like too much for the average consumer. For many of us on lhcf and the like, it's old hat.

My guess is that this goes beyond prepooing. I'd guess that the vinegar and the lemon extract are doing the work of softening the hair texture along with essential oils (depending upon which ones were selected). The term prepoo covers such a wide range of things we put on our hair before washing (or cowashing) from oils on down the line. This will do a bit more to your hair than oil alone *I think* because of those two light acids, their concentration, and the amount of time that it is sitting on your hair. I don't know if the order of the ingredients has anything to do with the concentration, but based on the sticky description, it sounds like it is (with honey being first on the list).

Idk, based on what I know this sounds about right. I guessed all the final ingredients from the list as I'm sure a lot of us did.

Here's my last on this, I don't think the inventor is unfamiliar with hairboards. :grin: There was some research involved. :yep: And I say congrats! I'm sure the patent was part of what Janellebeauty required to carry it in their lineup.

p1

Lucky's Mom

The bolded is how I would deal with a product worthy of a patent. I'm in agreement with you on that. However, I'm really *meh* about how other folks conduct their business if it doesn't involve my money. I'm sure most of us are that way in the end. :grin:

The keratin-based thing is already crowded enough. Only a remix of sorts could be patented. It would be a waste of time. It seems that this is an alternative to what is already available PACKAGED. You won't imagine the confusion that was created when I gave the staff at my job a simple shea-based hand cream and sugar scrub for the holidays. Purchasing raw ingredients is so foreign to the average person while it's common place for us. Fortunately for janellebeauty, we are a very small minority of available heads of hair. Marketed correctly, this product might do very well. The idea of whipping up this product (or any foodbased hair concoction) at home would *feel* like too much for the average consumer. For many of us on lhcf and the like, it's old hat.

My guess is that this goes beyond prepooing. I'd guess that the vinegar and the lemon extract are doing the work of softening the hair texture along with essential oils (depending upon which ones were selected). The term prepoo covers such a wide range of things we put on our hair before washing (or cowashing) from oils on down the line. This will do a bit more to your hair than oil alone *I think* because of those two light acids, their concentration, and the amount of time that it is sitting on your hair. I don't know if the order of the ingredients has anything to do with the concentration, but based on the sticky description, it sounds like it is (with honey being first on the list).

Idk, based on what I know this sounds about right. I guessed all the final ingredients from the list as I'm sure a lot of us did.

Here's my last on this, I don't think the inventor is unfamiliar with hairboards. :grin: There was some research involved. :yep: And I say congrats! I'm sure the patent was part of what Janellebeauty required to carry it in their lineup.

p1

Good stuff P1... I agree.....

1babydimple

Well ladies I don't have pictures yet but I did put the product on. Just imagine molasses with sugar crystals. The crystal dissolve as you work it through your hair and I must say my hair is a bit more manageable. Normally my wet triple xxx hair can not be pulled back smooth but I could after applying this. Now the test comes with dry hair LOL

Have to wait my 45 min. Man this stuff reminds me of granny and her tea cakes. I had to keep reminding myself don't lick your fingers LOLOL

Oh my apl hair took 1/2 the bottle :( so if your longer it's a 1 shot deal for you. Also I would recommend pouring it to a container to apply because it's waaay to thick to try and squeeze out of the bottle. You'll be all night just squeezing.

vkb247

Thanks for the update. Can I ask your hair type and whether you are relaxed or natural?

Please take pics!!!

MrsMe

Well ladies I don't have pictures yet but I did put the product on. Just imagine molasses with sugar crystals. The crystal dissolve as you work it through your hair and I must say my hair is a bit more manageable. Normally my wet triple xxx hair can not be pulled back smooth but I could after applying this. Now the test comes with dry hair LOL

Have to wait my 45 min. Man this stuff reminds me of granny and her tea cakes. I had to keep reminding myself don't lick your fingers LOLOL

Oh my apl hair took 1/2 the bottle :( so if your longer it's a 1 shot deal for you. Also I would recommend pouring it to a container to apply because it's waaay to thick to try and squeeze out of the bottle. You'll be all night just squeezing.
Thanks for the update. Now... :click: We all want to see it in action!:bouncy:

1babydimple

I'm mainly 4c/-z and have been trasitioning for 10 months now. Sooo I'm relaxed and natural - times up. I'm off to the sink ... wish me luck.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

p1

My beef is that her website is a bit misleading. The obvious problem is not listing the ingredients. I personally don't feel I owe the Black community a smidgeon of allegiance. If I want to spend money somewhere, I want to educate myself on the product first. This is basically not allowed until there is a purchase. I missed that part that hair must be flat ironed weekly...probably because it was not that easy to find, not on the links I was given.

I simply just hate it that Black products are marketed like "abracadabra" and we're expected to be sucked in. I do care how they market their products when they target certain clients and I'm of interest. Keratin treatments are no longer monopolized by QOD and are proliferating like weeds, as they should. Everybody wants in on the market. They are advertised as magic and ingredients and expected results are listed...as well as precautions. For me, that was the issue. Several people on their Myspace/Facebook were inquiring about how the product worked and ingredients and they were definitely given the runaround...until they made a purchase.