Do stylists treat their regular clients better than their rare clients?

zzirvingj

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think alot of stylists treat their regular clients better than their rare clients? If so, in what ways?

If you have stylist who you only go to see a couple of times a year (like I do), do you feel like they perhaps resent you a little because they haven't been able to "turn you into a regular client"?

freshlikemoi

I've noticed the stylists treating the clients they have never had better. Because, they want a nice tip, and the best tip is coming back.

zzirvingj

I've noticed the stylists treating the clients they have never had better. Because, they want a nice tip, and the best tip is coming back.

Yes, I can definitely see this happening with a brand new client that's never been in before.

But what if you have...but you just don't go to the stylist regularly? Instead of coming in twice a month, once a month, or once every other month....what if you've been going to the stylist for a while but only come in several times a year? So you're a regular client basically but your visits are "infrequent".

For instance, I only go to the stylist maybe 3-4 times a year (may try to make it more in the future).

Ramya

Yes. When I was a regular she used to do treatments and style with care. Once I started coming twice a year she started getting an attitutude and doing the bare minimum. I'm totally self-styled now :nono:

naturalmanenyc

Nope, they treat the new people better. My stylist moved out of state but she was usually late or had me in the shop for HOURS when I did go in for a service. I had been tempted many times to just walk out with wet hair since I was sitting for 3 - 4 hours for a simple wash & set.

She did once get me in and out in 90 minutes and I questioned what was the matter.:blush:

The regulars seem to just deal with the long waits while new customers would walk out.

Eisani

This is a good question. I think it also comes down to how "cool" you are w/the person. When I used to go to my friend all the time, she'd do everybody before me and then tell me she was saving me for last so we could go have dinner and drinks :blush:. Other times I'd let her know I didn't have all day to kick it w/her and I'd be in & out. Now that I only go when I need a trim, we're still cool and she actually trims me for free. She's as excited to see my progress and hear about my experiments as I am!

Meki89

I've noticed one of my hair stylist OVER charging rare clients.
Like if I call over the phone and she doesn't know it's me. if I ask "how much is a full head weave", she'll say $100. if I go in person and she sees it's me if i ask she'll say oh, it's 60$.