Do you backslide???????

Do you backslide????

• No I am loyal to my hair!

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Sometimes.....on and off.

Votes: 61 66.3%
  • My hair does good with or without a regimen.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Don't have a regimen. Need one.

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

longhairlover

I mean with your hair care regimen :grin:. Do you find yourself loyal to your hair at one moment and the next not caring.

A couple of years ago when I had gotten my hair to bra strap I was psycho with my hair and being psycho with it worked, now since i'm just doing the basics i'm not noticing that hair sprout like i normally have.

I don't really have a regi right now, I just wash my hair and condish. air dry or blow dry. My hairs still healthy but and just growing at an ok pace.

just curious.

Last edited:
No not really. I am pretty consistent with all of the "right" things. I actually have the tendency to do too much rather than too little.

I'm loyal. My regimen is just another part of my life now like how I bathe and brush my teeth.

Haven't been a backslider so far. I think I'm much too OCD/psychotically disciplined/paranoid to be disloyal to my hair just yet. I remember when I was home for the summer and my mother saw me tying on my scarf "yet again" she asked me if I wasn't ever going to let my hair breathe :ohwell:

Right now I am on a mission so I dont have time to half step. Besides so far this has been a fun experience for me. I am getting to know my hair and what it likes and don't like. I noticed I was doing a little too much to it so right now I am in braids but still cowash at least 4 times a week. lol

I'm fiercely loyal to my hair regimen. The time I spend on my hair is one of the few things that I get to do that's just for myself, and I treasure it.

Right now I am on a mission so I dont have time to half step. Besides so far this has been a fun experience for me. I am getting to know my hair and what it likes and don't like. I noticed I was doing a little too much to it so right now I am in braids but still cowash at least 4 times a week. lol

Yeah!!! ^^^^^What she said!!!:grin: T the tee....:lachen::grin:

I've had my moments.

There have been weeks where I just had my hair in a bun. No moisturizing, no nothing. All I'd do is put on a bonnet at night. In the morning, I'd take off the bonnet, put water on my edges, brush them down and gone about my bidness :ohwell:

Sometimes hair can be so tiring. I just need to slack off and take a break sometimes.

Yep I find myself slacking off from time to time. That is when I will put my hair in a weave because I don't want to continue any ill effects on my hair.

I'm definitely backsliding. I've been so busy lately and having to go to so much stuff that I haven't been taking the time to really do my deep conditions and this flat iron is getting way too much use...

I recently put a weave back in my head and I noticed that I'm not moisturizing like I used to because I can't see my hair. I was actually thinking about that today. I've only been moisturing the hair on top that I see but keep forgetting about the hair underneath and I know I shouldn't because it will not benefit me in the long run.

I'm loyal. My regimen is just another part of my life now like how I bathe and brush my teeth.

Exactly that. :yep:

Besides, messing with my hair is fun. The only time I'll miss something is if I'm not home (camping, usually, as I'll take my hair stuff otherwise) or if life is really THAT jam packed that I can't claim a couple of hours for myself.

i do too much most times. i love the progress im getting and just love to see my hair swang that sometimes i want to wash before the full week is up. i cant wait till the summer comes back so i can co wash everyday to every other day again.

I've only backslid once when I was in braids. I didn't moisturize for like two months. I know bad, bad. I was getting to lazy in those braids and am still lazy with my hair but braids are so easy. All I did was moisturize 1x a week and then was every three weeks. YEs, it got that bad where I didn't even want to was once a week.

I think right now I'm too loyal. I have a bad obsession w/ hair and I can't for one second think about not thinking about it. It is definitely apart of me and who I am. I'm am on a serious journey here and I want to make my goals. The thought about not taking care of it for one minute makes me sick...lol...it really does!

Sometimes, I backslide, but usually not for very long before I'm back at it. My routine is mostly VERY simple anyway, so it's usually not a bad thing when I do backslide. It's just maybe keeping in a protective style longer than I would or something similar.

I don't backslide, but I do think my hair enjoys being left alone sometimes.

I have been loyal to my hair ever since I began my journey, but I have trimmed down my regimen to save time and avoid too much manipulation. For example, I used to co-wash twice a week, now it's just once a week. I used to DC with every wash, now I only DC after a relaxer touchup, every 3 months. I've made great progress by just keeping it simple, and I have more time for other things.

i agree with you, i have been messing with my hair since high school, the younger ages my mom and fam were braiding me up, my mom styling me,

i get bored and i guess that's why i'm not back to almost bsl lol!!!!, when i was ocd about my hair it grew like crazy.

your hair still is amazing so when you do take care of it you must really be taking care of it.

I've had my moments.

There have been weeks where I just had my hair in a bun. No moisturizing, no nothing. All I'd do is put on a bonnet at night. In the morning, I'd take off the bonnet, put water on my edges, brush them down and gone about my bidness :ohwell:

Sometimes hair can be so tiring. I just need to slack off and take a break sometimes.

Back