Do you get more effective results using one product line?

LushLox

Are there any ladies who use one product line, ie shampoo, conditioner/ treatment, leave-in, styling products etc? If so how effective is it for you.

I find myself buying a shampoo from one brand and conditioners from others mainly because I want to steer away from SLSs and so many poos contain them. Essentially though the products in theory are best to be used together in order to see maximum benefits - but it's to find the right line that is challenging! :perplexed I've used the Aveda DR line which is good admittedly, but I want to give something else a try now.

What product line do you use exclusively?

DMJ's Mom

I never used strictly one line but I am using mostly one line (if that makes sense). I use ORS Aloe Shampoo, Hair Mayo (or the replenishing pack when I could find it) and carrot oil. I also used some other brand of braid spray but my hair did really well hardly any breakage and was pretty moisturized.

taz007

Yes! I learned this the hard way. I use the Joico line exclusively. Best thing I ever did for my hair!

1Aleeesha

nah not really. i tried that approach and it really didn't matter. and the odds of liking an ENTIRE line are slim

I tried to use all Motions products years ago... Don't shoot me but I think anyone else who tried the same thing with all Motions products was probably ripped off too :lachen:. I just like their CPR conditioner and I would buy the Silk Protein Conditioner again if it was - on sale.:spinning:

I think if I was stuck on an Island and was told to pick a product line, which product line would it be? I would say Proclaim from Sally's. But I prefer the mix up of products.

HoneyDew

Not for me.

I do try to use a matching shampoo and conditioner set, but more often than not, I will like one and not the other. the last time I used a set with a shampoo and conditioner that I like, it was discontinued. (Activate Hair Care). I still have bottles of it left and when I am done, I am not afraid to mix and match if need be.

Also, I have never seen a line that provides we with the total hair care package. For example, I use Qhemet for my moisturizer. She discontinued my leave in and replaced it with one that I dont care for. I had to switch to a Komaza product. Neither of those have a general purpose hair oil that I like, so I get that from some where else. Also, none of these have a heat protectant i like so.......you see I have to get the good stuff from where ever it is available.

But, yeah shampoo/conditioner, I do prefer sets. But I think it is more so for shower caddy aesthetic purposes than for what it does for my hair. :drunk:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Raising my hand for trying to use all the Motions products Aleeesha! Yes, I was ripped off too and now that I know better I only like their CPR.

I have to mix and match as well, but my 3 favs are Joico K-Pac, Shescentit, ans ORS. It all depends on what my $$$ are looking like as to which one I go for. I would choose Joico K-Pac if I could afford it all the time.

isawstars

I've been using Aphogee products (but a different brand for DCing) and my hair is a lot stronger. I use Aphogee's damaged hair shampoo, 2 min reconstructor, then Biolage ultra hydrating conditioner, then Aphogee's leave in conditioner. until my next wash day i co wash with Hair One of damaged hair. My hair has never been this strong before. I'm really liking the results I get from using Aphogee. I can't wait to do a length check.... I've been using Aphogee religiously for 2 months now.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
The closest I've come to that is Nexxus and Joico. I could probably stick to either of those lines and have good results.