One Product Line 2019 Challenge!

Prettyeyes

The new year is fast approaching. Many of us are all over the place with products! I personally am a pj in recovery. This year I would like to use MAINLY one product line for 2019. This is however a growth challenge we will measure three times during the year.

1. Post starting length preferably in inches.
2. Choose a product line. (With a few noted exceptions)
3. Share your regimen and if you are relaxed or natural.
4. Pics of hair and products encouraged.

PlanetCybertron

Last time I measured, I was at 33 inches. (Edit: did a measure tonight, I’m at 34.1 inches. So that’ll be my starting point) That was a couple of months ago. So I’ll have to remeasure and see if I’ve gained more length.
I haven’t tried this line, so it’ll be my first time, but for Christmas I’m having my mother in law get me a Bask and Bloom starter pack. Contains:

Deep conditioner
Shampoo bar
Leave in
Herbal oil
Twisting Creme (I’ll use to seal)

Exceptions:
I have prescribed medicated shampoo that has been working since I have something akin to SD but not quite, mostly just inflammation without the scale like skin. So I have to use my shampoo at least twice a week.

I like my flaxseed gel too. Not sorry lol.

Whipped Shea Butter. Or my unsalted butter whipped with coconut oil. Not giving up the butters. Nope.

My regimen kind of evolves according to my needs.
Right now I focus on scalp health, and deep conditioning.

Every other day I spray my roots only with diluted shampoo, I use my medicated shampoo at least twice a week, then I use some SLS-free shampoo of choice other times, rinse, deep condition, apply leave ins, air dry, and put my hair up. I co wash every other day depending on how I feel. Sometimes I don’t co-wash and just deep condition mostly.

My avatar has been recently updated with my newest length check.

Last edited:

Prettyeyes

Last time I measured, I was at 33 inches. That was a couple of months ago. So I’ll have to remeasure and see if I’ve gained more length.
I haven’t tried this line, so it’ll be my first time, but for Christmas I’m having my mother in law get me a Bask and Bloom starter pack. Contains:

Deep conditioner
Shampoo bar
Leave in
Herbal oil
Twisting Creme (I’ll use to seal)

Exceptions:
I have prescribed medicated shampoo that has been working since I have something akin to SD but not quite, mostly just inflammation without the scale like skin. So I have to use my shampoo at least twice a week.

I like my flaxseed gel too. Not sorry lol.

Whipped Shea Butter. Or my unsalted butter whipped with coconut oil. Not giving up the butters. Nope.

My regimen kind of evolves according to my needs.
Right now I focus on scalp health, and deep conditioning.

Every other day I spray my roots only with diluted shampoo, I use my medicated shampoo at least twice a week, then I use some SLS-free shampoo of choice other times, rinse, deep condition, apply leave ins, air dry, and put my hair up. I co wash every other day depending on how I feel. Sometimes I don’t co-wash and just deep condition mostly.

My avatar has been recently updated with my newest length check.
BTW i love your hair

Prettyeyes

I plan to use the Camille Rose product line this year. I love all the natural ingredients. I will be wearing my hair in two strands twists and buns. I will continue using Mane and Tail Shampoo and Conditioner. I have several of the Camille Rose products. I will purchase the deep conditioner this week. I also am using Shea butter.

Last edited:

PlanetCybertron

BTW i love your hair

Aww thank you!

Right now it’s throwing a fit. So I’m just trying to figure out what’s gonna help. Got massive tangles and knots that result from a single shed hair. It seems to be forming in the same areas on either side of my hair. Right now no products seem to be helping, so I guess I’m going to have to revise my technique.

But thank you!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

Im around WHip length, 3 inches or so from hip. I have no idea where my measuring tape is so the pic is all I have for now.

• Ingredients To Die For Bases (ITDF) - and DIYs made from their products
    • DIY Cleansing Balm
    • Intense Moisture Hair Cream - DC
    • Marshmallow Moisture Balm- leave in
    • DIY Detangling Leave In
    • DIY Moisturizer
    • Scalp Lotion
  • Exceptions:
    • GVP Conditioning Balm (used every other wash to stretch the ITDF DC)
    • Ion Hard Water Shampoo (used 1x monthly)
    • Wetline Xtreme Gel
    • Joico Liquid Reconstructor (used every other wash)

• Natural.
  • Regimen:
    • 1x weekly: wash, DC with heat, rinse, scalp lotion, leave in, style into braids
    • Midweek: scalp lotion. If necessary, Rinse and restyle.
    • Monthly: Color/Henna, weekly wash regimen but with hard water shampoo.

Products added later once my new order is received and DIYs are mixed.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I meant around WHip length, 3 inches or so from hip. I have no idea where my measuring tape is so the pic is all I have for now.

• Ingredients To Die For Bases (and DIYs made from their products)
    • DIY Cleansing Balm
    • Intense Moisture Hair Cream
    • Marshmallow Moisture Balm
    • DIY Detangling Leave In
    • DIY Moisturizer
    • Scalp Lotion
  • Exceptions:
    • GVP Conditioning Balm (used every other wash)
    • Ion Hard Water Shampoo (used 1x monthly)
    • Wetline Xtreme Gel
    • Joico Liquid Reconstructor (used every other wash)

• Natural.
  • Regimen:
    • 1x weekly: wash, DC with heat, rinse, scalp lotion, leave in, style into braids
    • Midweek: scalp lotion. If necessary, Rinse and restyle.
    • Monthly: Color/Henna, weekly wash regimen but with hard water shampoo.

Products added later once my new order is received and DIYs are mixed.

I mixed up my DIYs Friday and washed on Saturday. The leave in was a little looser than anticipated, but I can fix that later. The DIY cleansing balm, Intense Moisture Cream DC, DIY leave in, and Scalp lotion worked great together. I don't foresee needing any other products than the ones I listed.