Stand In Line....! The "One Line Only" Challenge!!

tapioca_pudding

checking in ladies for the week

so far, things are going good. I added a tbsp. of efa oil to my half filled jar of the breakage defense mask and will try it for dc/cw all next week. I ordered some aloe vera & glycerin from camden grey to try for a moisturizing spritz. The baking soda rinse is still working for me but just leaves my hair a little too stripped. I purchased some citric acid to use in place of the acv and will see how that works for me.

How are you ladies doing?

Hey Tishee! :wavey: I'm gonna have to try out that aloe vera... I hear nothing but good things about it!

It's going well for me. :yep: At first I didnt' like the Kenra shampoo because it left my hair feeling stripped for some reason. But the past few times I've used it, I've had better results. The Kenra MC is defiitely a keeper as a moisturizing DC and as a moisturizer. I'm going to use it as a leave in my rollerset this week to see if I can get a 3-in-1 product! :D

morehairplease

Hey Tishee! :wavey: I'm gonna have to try out that aloe vera... I hear nothing but good things about it!

It's going well for me. :yep: At first I didnt' like the Kenra shampoo because it left my hair feeling stripped for some reason. But the past few times I've used it, I've had better results. The Kenra MC is defiitely a keeper as a moisturizing DC and as a moisturizer. I'm going to use it as a leave in my rollerset this week to see if I can get a 3-in-1 product! :D

hey there,

glad to hear that the products are working for you. Recently, I added a tbsp. of efa to the pantene breakage defense mask and my hair is loving it. Target had a sale and I brought every jar of the mask on the shelves(for a total of 9:look:). If I catch this online anywhere, I am stocking up:rolleyes:.

tapioca_pudding

I need to call in a 'switch':

Oil - Unrefined Coconut Oil

I also started adding Aloe Vera Juice in my water spray bottle for rollersets/curlformer sets. :yep:

Everything else is still working well! :D I left a lil of the Kenra in after my dc, turned out lovely.

soulie

I'm doing a switch for the balance of the month. Will be using Redken Real Control line instead of the Phyto.

silkii_locks

Hello Ladies,
I apologize, but I'm going to have to drop out as well. My hair really didn't respond too well to the real control and it's just feeling really dry right now. So I'm going to have to do some serious moisturing treatments to kind of get it back in shape.

morehairplease

Doing a switch and using shescentit products until the challenge is over. Making my glycerin and aloe vera spritz today to use as my moisturizer and will be sealing with coconut oil.

TexturedTresses

I wanted to try out the nexxus humectress and keraphix because my hair started getting mushy. plus, i was reading that ceramides thread. also, i don't want to deviate from my mop shampoo. thus i'm dropping out.

eta: thank you for asking.

morehairplease

I wanted to try out the nexxus humectress and keraphix because my hair started getting mushy. plus, i was reading that ceramides thread. also, i don't want to deviate from my mop shampoo. thus i'm dropping out.

eta: thank you for asking.

I hope the Nexxus works out for you. I am doing a switch to shescentit products for the remainder of the challenge b/c my hair was a little too mushy from using the breakage defense mask(also my scalp has become so tender for some reason).

morehairplease

Just checking in ladies to see how everything is going.

I am really loving the shescentit products. I plan on ordering full sizes today and will use this line only for another month and chart my progress. I must say that it feels like this line will be my staple line b/c they are AWESOME!

tapioca_pudding

Unfortunatlely the Kenra shampoo gave me that 'stripped' feeling again.. :nono: Not really sure what's happening. I'm gonna try it one last time and if it gives me the same feeling, I will definitely cross it off the list.

Tishee - glad to see that the shescentit product are working for you! :D

morehairplease

Unfortunatlely the Kenra shampoo gave me that 'stripped' feeling again.. :nono: Not really sure what's happening. I'm gonna try it one last time and if it gives me the same feeling, I will definitely cross it off the list.

Tishee - glad to see that the shescentit product are working for you! :D

Hey there sweetie,

Sorry to hear that about the Kenra. I know what you mean about the stripped feeling. The jojoba hemp shampoo by shescentit gave me the same feeling. I plan on giving it another try b/c I did not prepoo beforehand and this may have helped with that. What brand of products do you plan on trying next? I ordered some ingredients from camden grey,lotioncrafters, and moutainroseherbs to make my own conditioner. I plan on alternating with it and the shescentit conditioners and see how that goes. The moisture mix that I made using glycerin and aloe vera is just okay...not great just okay. I plan on adding some AG cosmetics fast food leave on conditioner to it and seeing how that works for my hair.

tapioca_pudding

Hey there sweetie,

Sorry to hear that about the Kenra. I know what you mean about the stripped feeling. The jojoba hemp shampoo by shescentit gave me the same feeling. I plan on giving it another try b/c I did not prepoo beforehand and this may have helped with that. What brand of products do you plan on trying next? I ordered some ingredients from camden grey,lotioncrafters, and moutainroseherbs to make my own conditioner. I plan on alternating with it and the shescentit conditioners and see how that goes. The moisture mix that I made using glycerin and aloe vera is just okay...not great just okay. I plan on adding some AG cosmetics fast food leave on conditioner to it and seeing how that works for my hair.

Hmm next I'm thinking of trying Hydratherma Naturals products. They look yummy. :yep: Let me know how your conditioner turns out, even if you have to pm me about it!! That sounds exciting! I used glycerin a few times. At first it added moisture to my hair, then it just made it sticky. :( So I let that go. I have been wanting to try the AG fast food, it's on the 'wish list'. I'll try it somewhere down the line.. :drunk: :lol:

morehairplease

Hmm next I'm thinking of trying Hydratherma Naturals products. They look yummy. :yep: Let me know how your conditioner turns out, even if you have to pm me about it!! That sounds exciting! I used glycerin a few times. At first it added moisture to my hair, then it just made it sticky. :( So I let that go. I have been wanting to try the AG fast food, it's on the 'wish list'. I'll try it somewhere down the line.. :drunk: :lol:

I wish I would have known that you wanted to try the HN products. I had a sample pack that I would have sent you. My hubby complained about it being in one spot and threw it out(this is what he calls cleaning up).

tapioca_pudding

I wish I would have known that you wanted to try the HN products. I had a sample pack that I would have sent you. My hubby complained about it being in one spot and threw it out(this is what he calls cleaning up).
Waitwaitwait... he threw away the whole sample pack!!!!??? :wallbash: :lol:

I had some unexpected bills come up, so I may have to hold off buying a new line for a min. til things get balanced out. I'm good with the Kenra MC, the shampoo I can forego. :yep: My hair is finicky about shampoo anyway....

lila_baby

me 2! but only 1 question-does 1 line include products from the same manufacturer eg can I use joico kpak and silk result and still be part of the challenge?

tapioca_pudding

We can DEFINITELY restart this challenge ladies! :D I enjoyed it as well...

I'll change the info in the first post and any one who wants to participate from September 1 - September 30, just post here with your product line, etc. :)

I haven't decided which line I will use yet... :scratchch

morehairplease

We can DEFINITELY restart this challenge ladies! :D I enjoyed it as well...

I'll change the info in the first post and any one who wants to participate from September 1 - September 30, just post here with your product line, etc. :)

I haven't decided which line I will use yet... :scratchch

me either.....:look:

ETA: I am going to use up the samples that I have of shescentit/hairveda and try Joico. My samples should last me until the end of the month(fingers crossed that they do).

Last edited:

tapioca_pudding

I decided to use the following reggie for September:

DC on dry hair w/ Motions CPR conditioner
Motions Lavish Shampoo (a bit diluted)
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner for five minutes
Motions leave in spray + ORS Glossing Serum for rollersets
Oil - Unrefined coconut oil
Moisturizer - Gonna try the motions moisturizer to see how it goes.

I did this routine last nite and I LOVE my hair today... :yep: It's so freakin soft. Hopefully the results will be consistent!

To anyone on this challenge - I offer the suggestion of clarifying at the start of this challenge so your hair can get a 'real' feel for your new reggie. :)

morehairplease

I decided to use the following reggie for September:

DC on dry hair w/ Motions CPR conditioner
Motions Lavish Shampoo (a bit diluted)
Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner for five minutes
Motions leave in spray + ORS Glossing Serum for rollersets
Oil - Unrefined coconut oil
Moisturizer - Gonna try the motions moisturizer to see how it goes.

I did this routine last nite and I LOVE my hair today... :yep: It's so freakin soft. Hopefully the results will be consistent!

To anyone on this challenge - I offer the suggestion of clarifying at the start of this challenge so your hair can get a 'real' feel for your new reggie. :)

Hey sweetie,

You got a good looking routine there :yep:. I completely co-sign with the suggestion for clarifying. You really do get a real feel for the products. Here is what I will be using for the remainder of September:

Shampoo: shescentit jojoba mint
Conditioner: shescentit banana brulee, fortifying hair mask, avocado conditioner
leave-in/moisturizer: AG fast food leave on conditioner w/glycerin & aloe vera juice in spray bottle
Oil sealant: Nutiva coconut oil
Growth aid: N/A
Off brand: Silk elements silken child silk moisturizing creme

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
This thread is right on time. I actually just purchased a few items for a personal challenge using a single product line.