Stand In Line....! The "One Line Only" Challenge!!

tapioca_pudding

CHALLENGE EXTENDED - SEPTEMBER 1 - SEPTEMBER 30

I'm really getting tired of jumping back and forth between products. :perplexed Sometimes I feel like if I used all (or most) of the products in a line exclusively, then my hair would benefit more. I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way??

If so, this may be the challenge for you!!

It spans from September 1st - September 30th. We will extend it if the results are beneficial.

Here are the guidelines:

• Stick to one product line
  • You're allowed to use one 'off' brand product (or a product that you hair MUST HAVE that isn't a part of your selected line)
  • You're allowed to use a growth aid
  • You're allowed to use an oil to seal
  • You're allowed one 'Switch Up' if the product line you selected doesn't work for you after two weeks

A full line includes: Shampoo (if you use shampoo), Conditioner, Leave in & Moisturizer or other styling products.

Please check in once a week with how your hair responded to the One Line of products. Hopefully each week the benefits will increase. :yep:

Participants:

kels823
tishee
lila_baby
ladybeesrch

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

i'll join if we can use two lines. i gotta use my leave in and moisturizer from jane carter oh and nourish and shine. everything else will be mop.

morehairplease

I'll join.
Shampoo: baking soda + water mixture follow with acv rinse
Conditioner/leave-in/moisturizer: Pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask
Oil sealant: Nutiva coconut oil
Growth aid: Bee mine growth serum-strawberry kiwi
Off brand: sofn'free/6 n 1 hair lotion with olive oil

Last edited:

shmmr

this is a great idea - I've often wondered if that would make a difference...but alas, I can't join. I've got almost full bottles of other stuff and I'm not buying until those are gone..but I'll definitely join in a month or 2 when my stash is out. I may even make this a personal challenge if this one isn't extended...

chebaby

i'll join
shampoo: ojon
conditioner: ojon
leave in conditioner: ojon/paul mitchell
oil to seal: hairveda

lalalauren

My First Challenge! I'll join and go the cheapie route:
Shampoo- Garnier Long and Strong
Conditioner- Garnier Moisture Works
Leave-In- Garnier Moisturizing Cream
Seal- Garnier Shine Serum
Off Brand Products- Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 moisturizer and Motions Moisture Plus for deep conditioner

tapioca_pudding

Thanks for responding!!!! :D

sandyrabbit - I will allow your modificatons. :lachen: :yep:
shmmr - I feel you... I have a couple full bottles that I would LOVE to crack open. But I want to give this challenge a try first; those items will be there. :) Whenever you get ready to join, we're here!

Welcome ladies!!! I'm going to edit the first post..

Right now I'm between Kenra & Joico Moisture Recovery. I will make a decision before the 1st. I know my growth aide will be MegaTek and my oil will be Jojoba.

Last edited:

chocolatethai

i'll join!!!
shampoo:NTM creamy lather
conditoner :NTM daily deep cond.
deep conditioner: NTM deep recovery mask
leave-in/moisturizer:NTM silk touch
serum: NTM healing shine serum (with a little CHI when flatironing:look:)
outside product: joico reconstructor

TexturedTresses

shampoo - mop c-system hydrating shampoo
conditioner (s) - mop c-system hydrating conditioner, mop extreme moisture, mop c-system reconstructing conditioner
leave in - jane carter revitalizing leave in conditioner
moisturizer - jane carter nourishing cream
oil - coconut oil

soulie

I can do it with Phyto as long as I can use something else for co-washing (this stuff is too expensive to use daily). :grin:

Phytospecific shampoo: Vital Force/Phytonectar
Phytospecific conditioner: Vital Force/Phytokarite
Leave in: Phytospecific Integral Hair care
Moisturizer: Phytospecific Moisturizing Balm
Sealing oil: JBCO
Growth Aid: MT
Off brand: HE HH for CW w/silicon mix leave-in

HairBarbie

I'll join. I still have products from other lines that I'm trying to use up before I complete my 1 line challenge.

Shampoo: KeraCare Detangling Shampoo
Conditioner: KeraCare Humecto Tub.
Moisturizer: KeraCare.
Leave In: I've never seen a KeraCare leave in.
Seal: Vatika Oil
Off Brand: HE LTR conditioner and leave in for CW.

shetara20

ill join!!! finally a challenge I can do!!!! I dont have a growth supp is that ok????
I plan on using the whole Pantene Relaxed and Natural Line!!!!!!

tapioca_pudding

Challenge starts tomorrow! :D

I have decided to go with Kenra. :yep: So my August regimen will be as follows:

Shampoo - Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo
Deep Conditioner - Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave in - Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Growth Aide - MegaTek
Oil - Jojoba
Moisturizer - Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or Hairveda Whipped Moisture

:D I'm excited! Thank you ladies for participating! Anyone is welcome to join. :)

Please check in once a week to report your findings.

hurricane

Okay I do have one line but plan on using ayuverdic hair treatments. Is that okay.

Shampoo: Ojon
Conditioner: Ojon
Leave in/styling : Ojon
Every other week ( twice a week ) Ayuverdic hair treatments.:grin:

Jay

I'll join even though I've been using 1 product line for awhile now. Maybe I can see the benefits other people have as well!!

SHAMPOO- Nexxus Theratin
CONDITIONERS- Nexxus Humectin & Keraphixx
LEAVE IN CONDITIONER- Nexxus Luxtress
STYLING PRODUCT- Nexxus heat protexx

Growth aid- Surge 14 until it runs out
Other styling product- Chi Silk infusion

silkii_locks

Hi, I'd like to join! I'm going to be using the Redken Real Control Line

Shampoo - Real Control
Deep Condish - Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturing Mask
Leave In - Real Control Inner Hair Repair
Moisturizer/Oil - 100% Unrefined Coconut Oil

chebaby

i wont say im going to use one line but i will use a set of products until they run on and then move on to another set. instead of keep buying products and mixing and matching.

hothair

I was going to do the Aveda All the Time Challenge with Aphogee being the outside line, but I have sooo much good stuff from different lines(Aussie, Giovanni, Nexxus, Redken etc) so...:look: *steps out of thread*

tapioca_pudding

I was going to do the Aveda All the Time Challenge with Aphogee being the outside line, but I have sooo much good stuff from different lines(Aussie, Giovanni, Nexxus, Redken etc) so...:look: *steps out of thread*
:lachen:

Lady, I had to move my 'other' stuff to the back of the closet so I wouldn't be tempted..... :look: It's hard stayin faithful to just one line!!! :lol:

morehairplease

checking in ladies for the week

so far, things are going good. I added a tbsp. of efa oil to my half filled jar of the breakage defense mask and will try it for dc/cw all next week. I ordered some aloe vera & glycerin from camden grey to try for a moisturizing spritz. The baking soda rinse is still working for me but just leaves my hair a little too stripped. I purchased some citric acid to use in place of the acv and will see how that works for me.

How are you ladies doing?