Do you look cute when yo go to bed?

QUINN

I was gonna post smthg similar to this yday. lol. my main question is how do u keep your hair lookin nice while "lovin"? i'm a :newbie: and i'm goin to do a roller set this week but i know when i get w/ my so it will b a hot mess afterwards and i don't want to ruin the mood by gettin up to get my bonnet!! :lachen:do you ladies where one while in the act? :blondboob

LOL! I've tried many methods. I just wrap my hair in a silk scarf and rest my head on the silk pillowcase whenever my head comes in contact with the bed. I try to keep it covered, protected, but that rarely happens.

Irresistible

I was gonna post smthg similar to this yday. lol. my main question is how do u keep your hair lookin nice while "lovin"? i'm a :newbie: and i'm goin to do a roller set this week but i know when i get w/ my so it will b a hot mess afterwards and i don't want to ruin the mood by gettin up to get my bonnet!! :lachen:do you ladies wear one while in the act? :blondboob

I have no answers to this

and they aint really carin either

but then do we either until after?

lol

my poor hair is suffering all around the top, I have a dang fro after on top and tangles galore , I STILL cant figure out how it ends up that bad! lmao

Everything Zen

I usually do a daily wash/CO wash and wear my hair in two braids to bed (or anywhere in public) Pocahontas style. No wraps or covers (unless I'm wearing it straight becaus I think the scarf/bonnets wreak havoc on my edges regarding irritation and dandruff- Just got back from 3 days of wearing a bandana whilst camping (washed once) only to find the edges of my scalp were coming up in huge sheets :eek:) so I sleep on satin pillowcases...

If nothing else I look super young :look:
At least MisterMan still thinks I look sexy :lick:

skipper

i wear an ugly blue bonnet, bf HATES IT!!!! but he sees the progress ive made with my hair and that makes him happy.

i most definitely do not wear any type of scarf or head wrap while we're being intimate thats not my bag and bf would not have any of that.

eta
he hates my pre-poos too i wear a plastic bag on my head at night so i not only look crazy i crunch every time i move

lovedone_24

Me and dude are comfortable for sure, best friends BUT I am mindful of how bad I look @ wake up/bedtime. We don't live together, however there are those times when he's around late or early & I can't always keep/get it together. I've found that colorful silk scarves look the best. They can be kinda fly. The bonnets though? Never a good look. He teases me. I just give him an attitude like "to hell witcha" then tease back. The face is a whole other story! :lachen:

Hair Iam

No but its so worth it plus .....unless my DH is going to stay up all night watching me :ohwell:...then it not a problem

Jetblackhair

That is what i'm talking about. Why do they make them in such weird colour combo's? :lachen:

Yeah I know. I feel like granny ma in my purple bonnet and Laura from Little House on the Prairie. :lachen: Surely there are better designs and colors some where.

I stopped wearing my silk scarf to keep from tying the knot in the same place.

vestaluv1

No but its so worth it plus .....unless my DH is going to stay up all night watching me :ohwell:...then it not a problem

Exactly.
Ok, I have the whole shower cap and black bonnet thing going on just before I go to sleep, but SO and I are so past the stage of 'always looking cute' in front of each other. Years ago, I would have been bothered, but now...:nono:.
He really ain't bothered either.
:grin:

Bublin

OK OK OK - so most of our scarves and bonnets are ending up on the floor or are not even being used :perplexed.

How the hell are you ladies then able to have beautifully groomed hair when you walk out the door?

When i wake up my hair is a shocking mess - especially after some bedroom action (which is most nights). I avoid the using a comb and flat iron unless its wash day but its looking like i have to make a decision between looking cute or the condition of my hair. I end up just pinning it up but i really want to wear it sleek and down.

I don't have hair long enough to put into two long ponytails or a bun.

SoSweet08

I look a hot mess when I go to bed lol. I might wear a du-rag or a silk scarf. I'm thinking about doing a Tyra Banks on the days I want to look semi-sexy and protect my hair at the same time lol.

Making a scarf where a little bit of weave is added/glued onto the scarf. So it will look like my hair is out with a scarf tied on top.

cocosweet

I dunno if its cute, but the silk/satin scarf I wear to bed is far better than waking up looking like Buckwheat! I keep a scarf collection going.

bLackButtaFly

sometimes I'll wear it out, but for the most part no i don't look cute at all. No makeup, hair in a satin scarf that matched nothing and god forbid it shoudl come off and reveal the slopply done twist underneath, but my bf says he doesn't mind at all. He'll remind me when i forget. The only thing he asks is that he can smell my hair, and has the only full access pass to touching it when it is out and he's happy.

I did a sew in as a protective style this man was actin a dang fool. I can't see your hair, are you sure it's okay?:rolleyes: lol *smh*

Platinum

I don't think DH cares if I baggy or wearing a satin scarf as long as I come to bed with lingerie on or just bucky nekkit.:grin:

hunnybunny81

No I don't go to bed cute, but when I wake up and get ready for the day I do LOL

Cute+Sleep=Not Practical IMO...but I'm sure there are ladies who manage to do it well, I'm not one of them...and I'm ok with that...I clean up well.

sydney100

This thread is too funny! Because I wear my satin scarf to bed every night with the knot tied in the front and sometimes I put my bonnet over it. The first time my boyfriend saw this, he asked me if i had my panties on my head:lachen:. I must say I would rather go to bed with my scarfs on and wake up with nice moisturized hair than go to bed cute with dry, wild hair!:sad:

naturalgurl

This thread is too funny! Because I wear my satin scarf to bed every night with the knot tied in the front and sometimes I put my bonnet over it. The first time my boyfriend saw this, he asked me if i had my panties on my head:lachen:. I must say I would rather go to bed with my scarfs on and wake up with nice moisturized hair than go to bed cute with dry, wild hair!:sad:

You should have told him yeah, that the secret is in the sauce! :lachen:
But I feel you on waking up to a tumbleweed on your head!

Platinum

Girl, don't even get started on the panties. :lachen:My Grandma uses a ton of grease, rolls her hair with sponge rollers and ties her hair with her panties. When we were little, we grandkids looked Grandma like :nono:. But she still managed to have APL hair for years.:look:

Pheonixx

Well--not really.

I'm one of those females who does not like to go anywhere without looking put-together. I have a complex with being seen by my man without looking all done up and tried to go to bed cute when my man first started spending the night; but--that ish got old...REAL quick.

I got tired of having to braid a million plaits into my hair at 12 am in the morning.

I don't think I will ever feel too sexy with a rag on my head and these little pin curl braid outs. But to tell the truth he doesn't even care...just so long as I'm naked!
Just so long as I'm there with him.

He's one of those men who are intrigued by the female beauty ritual/process (makeup; or braiding my hair up). He stands there by the door and watches me.

Pheonixx

I look a hot mess when I go to bed lol. I might wear a du-rag or a silk scarf. I'm thinking about doing a Tyra Banks on the days I want to look semi-sexy and protect my hair at the same time lol.

Making a scarf where a little bit of weave is added/glued onto the scarf. So it will look like my hair is out with a scarf tied on top.

LOL...that is too much.

Arcadian

I was gonna post smthg similar to this yday. lol. my main question is how do u keep your hair lookin nice while "lovin"? i'm a :newbie: and i'm goin to do a roller set this week but i know when i get w/ my so it will b a hot mess afterwards and i don't want to ruin the mood by gettin up to get my bonnet!! :lachen:do you ladies wear one while in the act? :blondboob

He's used to the bonnet by now. If I leave it off he gets to cheesin and grinnin. I by mistake left it off once and he was like ummm hmmm:yep: and I was like uhmm uh uh :nono:

So I try not to confuse him anymore.:lachen:

All I can say is get on top and ride if you don't wanna mess up your hair. :lachen:

-A

MD_Lady

Dare you post a pic............

I have been neglecting my hair lately because i just don't want to look all dowdy infront of my SO.

He says he doesn't mind but i just can't bring myself to wear a bonnet in front of him (i mean, they look like silky shower caps :perplexed).
My scarves seem to slide off my hair really easily and to be honest they come right off when we are 'lovin' and my hair ends up jacked-up anyway (most of the time i don't have time to put it on).

If i pin curl and don't wear a scarf the curls are an absolute mess in the morning.

I honestly don't know how some of you go to bed with wet hair either - i mean - don't your pillows get all damp and/or doesn't your SO hear all that crunching?

Come on - lets see a pic of you looking cute for your hubby but still protecting your hair.

Not unless you call curlers and a silk scarf cute. ;)

As far as looking cute for my DH's sake, I graciously tolerate his morning breath and snoring and he graciously tolerates my hair prep. :drunk:

LivingDoll

I think so...but only cuz my current silk scarf is pretty...it's really long..long enough for me to wrap it around my head twice. I usually tie a cute bow in the back on the side. I could probably put on some nice dangly earrings and wear it outside...:lachen: I'll try to post a pic later tonight.