Does anyone use overnight hair treatments...?

LushLox

I'm thinking of getting an overnight treatment but not sure which one to get.

I've read good reviews about the following:-

Keracare Overnight Moisturising Treatment
Phytospecific Ultra Night Treatment
Redken Real Control Overnight conditioner
L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment

Have any of you ladies used these treatments, if so how effective did you find them? Or perhaps you can recommend alternatives.

Thanks ladies :grin:

Flor

I bought L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment last month and have used it twice. It has ceramides. In the morning, my hair feels very soft and has volume. So far so good. I need to be more consistent and try to use it at least twice a week though.

sensi sweetie

I bought L'Oreal EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment last month and have used it twice. It has ceramides. In the morning, my hair feels very soft and has volume. So far so good. I need to be more consistent and try to use it at least twice a week though.

Yum. This stuff sounds good. I just bought the EverStrong reconstruct sulfate free poo and I love it. I have never used an official overnight treatment, but I do spray down my non-heat styled hair before bed with a water/pure argan oil/jojoba oil/condish mix. Great way to re moisturize without going through the whole shower process :yep:

chelleypie810

I used the l'oreal overnight treatment also. I like alot! I would love to get the dc but it has alcohol in it and not the good kind.

Last edited:

LushLox

Yeah I like the fact that the L'oreal one has ceramides in it, I might get that and maybe the Phytospecific one.

joytimes10

This sounds interesting. I am a proponent of overnight DC, but like WestNDNbeauty, I use a DC (usually Kenra DC) with EVOO, EVCO, and Wheatgerm oil for ceramides, on dry, unwashed hair. This is working for me so I'm not inclined to change. If I see the Loreal product on sale, I may try it to compare.

chevere62

I usually dc overnight with a mixture of yummy natural ingredients. Yogurt, honey, evoo, evco, honey, melted shea butter ect are soo moisturizing plus super cheap

Solitude

I have the Phyto overnight treatment. I've used it a couple of times and didn't see any mega difference in my hair for the price. I wouldn't suggest it.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I haven't used any of the products you asked about. However, I use Fekkai's Overnight PM protein treatment. That is a very nice product.

LushLox

I haven't used any of the products you asked about. However, I use Fekkai's Overnight PM protein treatment. That is a very nice product.

I was considering this also but I daren't look at how much that costs! :lol:

ETA: Lawd I just looked, £138!!!! That's like $215!! :eek:

Last edited:

Aireen

I sleep in my conditioner, I don't really see the sense in possibly paying more for an overnight treatment when I can just sleep in regular conditioner that usually has the same if not better ingredients. I suggest Keracare though, most of their products are VERY good.

LushLox

I sleep in my conditioner, I don't really see the sense in possibly paying more for an overnight treatment when I can just sleep in regular conditioner that usually has the same if not better ingredients. I suggest Keracare though, most of their products are VERY good.

I've tried sleeping in conditioner, and I just don't like the way my hair feels the next day. Maybe it's my technique or what I've used. :ohwell:

anartist4u2001

so every night you sleep in conditioner? tell me what you do to your hair. i mean when it's time for you to sleep, you put the conditioner on and put a plastic cap on? i have never slept in conditioner before.

somebody answer this for me please. :)

Renee29

I slept in my conditioner before. I usually mix various oils with a moisturizing conditioner then apply it to my dry hair. I baggie and wrap my hair then place a towel over my pillow case. I then co wash or rinse in the morning. My results are added smoothness and softness. It will restore ballance to dry brittle hair. :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Occasionally, I will use Mizani H2O Intensive Night-time Treatment. :grin:

I have it in my Stash, but I am not consistent with it.:perplexed

Aireen

I've tried sleeping in conditioner, and I just don't like the way my hair feels the next day. Maybe it's my technique or what I've used. :ohwell:

Oh hm... maybe it's the type of conditioner? How does your hair usually feel though? Heavy and oily I'm assuming?

so every night you sleep in conditioner? tell me what you do to your hair. i mean when it's time for you to sleep, you put the conditioner on and put a plastic cap on? i have never slept in conditioner before.

somebody answer this for me please. :)

No no no! :lol: Not every night, when I first started my HHJ I used to sleep in conditioner everytime I washed my hair for anywhere around 1-2 days whether it was as a pre-poo or a deep conditioner for about 2-3 months. It made more sense logically for my hair to sleep in it as a deep conditioner after it was cleaned so I did that more often. I used to put a plastic cap to cover it and I protected my pillow with tissue. Sometime over the plastic cap I'd use a plastic bag we couldn't use for the garbage (because of a hole in it) and wrap that OVER the plastic cap for extra protection. :grin:

ETA: You're probably wondering how I took a shower if I kept it in for 2 days, I simply just kept the cap on to prevent my hair from getting wet and washing out the product. I washed my hair every for 5-7 days.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
So the hair treatment is basically on super moisturizing treatment? Or do it strengthen?

sensi sweetie

Sorry to hijack but I am SO excited to see almost 500 people viewing the hair care section! I have not seen much above 350 for a while :yep:

Carry on :lol:

Relentless

Reinventing
I LOVe THIS STUFF!! Stops Breakage in it's tracks!!:yep:
I used to use this a long time ago and found that a little goes a long way. I was thinking about purchasing it again and perhaps putting it on my ends. It seriously moisturizes overnight.

Minty

I haven't tried a true over night treatment either yet. I was gifted Alterna Caviar night treatment but I haven't used it yet.

I've used a few cond. overnight, but do that one too many times and you get soggy scalp and the itchies that won't go away. Be careful with leaving product on too long.

Thanks for the phytospecific review.

LushLox

Oh hm... maybe it's the type of conditioner? How does your hair usually feel though? Heavy and oily I'm assuming?

Yeah heavy and oily, and I don't use too much either. :ohwell:

So the hair treatment is basically on super moisturizing treatment? Or do it strengthen?

Well the Phyto one is supposed to be both moisturising and strengthening, the Mizani H20 is more of a strengthener and should not be used as a moisturiser at all.

I LOVe THIS STUFF!! Stops Breakage in it's tracks!!:yep:

Yes, it is a very nice product.:lick:

I was gifted this and yes it is very good! Maybe I need to just sit my arse down and stick with what I've got (saving money!) because it works.

My thinking here was concentrating and focusing on strengthening my hair prior to my next chemical service. I'll probably do a couple of treatments a week and then stop a couple of weeks before I'm due to touch up.

LushLox

In the end I bought the Keracare Overnight Moisturising Treatment. I'm glad I did because it's a very good product. I use it every few days on the lengths and ends and my hair is so smooth and moisturised the next day. It comes in a small jar, so it works out to be quite expensive, but you don't need to use much product for it to be effective. A definite keeper. I'm lovin' Keracare at the moment!