Doing research, Please help me out!!!

Do you feel that hair products formulated for damage, improves your hair's condition?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 154 75.1%
  • No, I do not.

Votes: 51 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MizaniMami

Hey ladies,

I am doing some research on products and how people think they respond on their hair, but I needsome statistics. This is a simple poll. I am desperatly asking EVERYONE to complete this poll. Puh-lease! You don't have to say why all you have to do it clickk yes or no. Thaks in advance.

And this question is-Do you think that products formulated for damage actually helped your hair? It can be any product that you have tried, do you belive it helped or not? Or do you believe NOTHING helps. These products can be protein treatments, moisturizers, poos, cons, whatever!

Last edited:

bluenude

maybe i'm misunderstanding the question but the question seems a little too vague. would it be better if you listed the items and then asked whether we thought each individual one did anything for the hair?

tenderheaded

I answered yes. I've used Aphogee treatment and the 2 min reconstructor and felt improvement. ORS Replenishing Pak and Hair Mayonnaise also work.

MizaniMami

bluenude said:
maybe i'm misunderstanding the question but the question seems a little too vague. would it be better if you listed the items and then asked whether we thought each individual one did anything for the hair?

Well, that would defeat the whole pupose of my research. I wanted to question to be vague. I am not only going to speak about 1 product to the class in this section of my paper. The whole point of putting this is my paper is to say how women spend money on products that they believe is going to work or not going to work.

NeeSee

I answered yes. I think some treatments out there that are specified for damaged hair really do work. One thing that made a big difference in my hair health is protein. Until joining this board I had absolutely no idea what protein treatments were and they have made a big difference as far as breakage and shedding and things of that nature are concerned.

atlien11

I agree. Protein treatments have given an obvious difference when my hair was damaged. Especially aphogee.

Crissi

The only thing that helps my hair when its breaking is motions cpr, everything else ive tried doesn't work

HoneyDew

I don't really.

I think because the improvement does not seem to be permanent, at least in my case.

I use a particular reconstructor weekly. I slacked off for an entire month and did not use it. I could tell!!!

Either I was damaging my hair more than normal or the results of the treatment wore off.

I don't know.

I just think that improve the condition on a temporary basis or they help to prevent more damage to the bad areas.

deborah11

I believe that protein treatments really do help to improve the strength of my hair and thus helps to prevent further damage. Protein tends to make my hair so much stronger and reduces shedding and breakage. Protein however drys my hair out so then I must use the moisturizing conditioners to correct my moisture levels. Protein is however vital to my hair care regime.

Sistaslick

I voted yes, but only temporarily.

I think products formulated for damage when used at the right time, for the right problem can temporarily improve the look and the condition of the hair.

Since the hair is non-living and cannot repair itself, once it is damaged-- the damage cannot be permanently returned to its pre-damaged condition. Protein treatments can bond to the weak points along the strands and moisture treatments can increase the elasticity and water content of the strand--- but the repairing/reconstructive effects of these treatments last only several washes, days, or weeks at the most-- or until your next treatment.:) You cannot add more cuticle layers to hair that has damaged and lost the ones it already has . . . or go in and fix up chipped ones. Even with repairing lifted cuticles-- ACV rinses and other quick remedies only offer temporary results. Depending on the level of damage, scissors are the only permanent solution.

scoobygirl

I want to vote yes, but there are so many products that do claim to help but do everything but. On the other hand when the few products that do work, they are worth their weight in gold.

Lynnerie

I think products used over time can improve the hair's condition but if you already have split ends, how can a product fix those unless the product is scizzors?

MizaniMami

HoneyDew said:
I don't really.

I think because the improvement does not seem to be permanent, at least in my case.

I use a particular reconstructor weekly. I slacked off for an entire month and did not use it. I could tell!!!

Either I was damaging my hair more than normal or the results of the treatment wore off.

I don't know.

I just think that improve the condition on a temporary basis or they help to prevent more damage to the bad areas.[/quote]

I feel the same way too. But this question is a vague question so that would qualify you under the "yes" category.

For anyone that is confused, even if you think the improvement is only temporary, as long as you believe it helps somehow, whether temp. or perm. then mark yes.

Mark no only if you believe nothing helps.

MizaniMami

anky said:
Are you doing your paper on Self-fufilling prophesy?

Well, in my persuasive speaking class I am asked to sell a product. I decided that I want to sell Aveda products :D .

I wanted to start off explaining why hair care is vital to women and that ___% of women believes that hair care products help with damage yaddi yah.

Then go on to talk about how much money is attributed to health claims.

Taya

I voted yes,because if my hair is damaged and I use Aphogee or whatever and I see a difference(example stopping shedding,breakage) after the 1st use than it qualifies as it helped my damaged hair.
I agree with the other ladies that split ends may need to be cut,then you use products and techniques to keep them from splitting again. I hope this makes sense.

PaperClip

Hello... glad to help with some research.... I answered no out of the options offered.... I was thinking about the distinction between "damage" and "boost" in terms of the purpose of the particular product.

So is the root of you question about:

1. the hair actually being damaged? And if the damage is "beyond repair", if you will, then the only option is to cut it off/grow it out, yes?

OR

2. the hair lacks or has a reduced amount of a particular necessity, e.g. protein, due to various chemicals, other products, treatments and a product is used to add to or replenish that thing, e.g., protein, etc.

Please excuse my lack of precision in my references...hopefully my post is understandable.

RainbowCurls

No. The companies are just taking advantage of people who desperatly want to 'repair' their hair.
The damaged can be masked but the only way to get rid of it is to cut the hair off.
The damage can be masked in many ways. The product used does not specifically have to be one that says it is for 'damaged hair'.

InnerSoul

I do believe there are some products that do improve the appearance and health of damaged hair.. so I voted yes:)

hairmaster

I believe the word improve is the key word, if you can improve the hair and allow the new hair to grow out. products can improve the hair shaft make it strong and shiny.

cmw45

Protein helped my relaxed hair but only moisture has helped my natural hair. Most high end products are protein based and my hair feels incredibly brittle after using them. The only non-cheapie conditioner I now use is Pantene Repair Mask. Lots of cones but very little protein so my hair loves it!