[Donut]Bunners: How do you keep your ends moisturized?

MissFallon

I have been wearing a sock bun for the last three weeks and although I haven't noticed any problems I am wondering how everyone keeps their ends moisturized while wearing the bun so they don't break off? TIA

crlsweetie912

I undo mine every night. Moisturize, seal and put the baggie on for overnight. Then I redo the bun in the morning.

I moisturize in the morning and in the evening with Neutrogena triple moisture and seal with LIV or mango butter or oil. I also wet and condition my hair frequently. I only use satin type materials instead of cottons that will not absorb the moisture from my hair. I have 4a4b hair that is easily dried out so I covered a rolled up with black satin and sewed it down to make sure it was safe for my ends. :p

krissyprissy

I also have a bun dounut that is covered with black satin. I take it down daily to moisturize with profective healthy ends and smooth the hair back with moisturizer and a boar brush.

MissFallon

I take mine down every night. I have been putting HB carrot oil creme or elasta qp mango butter on my hair every night. Has anyone experienced breakage due to buns?