Dr. Woods or Bonners Castile Soap

Dr. Woods or Bonners Castile Soap

• Dr. Woods

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bonners

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Evazhair

I can't vote because I use both. I prefer using Dr. Woods peppermint in the winter because it's milder and has more oils. I must have Dr. Bronner's peppermint in the summer. I have used both diluted as a shampoo and Dr. Bronners was really stripping on my natural hair- I don't dare try it now. The Dr. Woods was a lot milder, but still sort of harsh to me.

CocoGlow

JLove74....I'm glad you started this poll b/c I am very interested to hear the reviews....

I purchased the Dr. Woods Peppermint b/c it was slightly cheaper than Dr. Bronners & I figured that it would be the same thing since the packaging & the ingredients look so similar...but now I am not too sure based on what Evazhair just stated...hmmm...

What I have noticed in the past 2 times I have used the Dr.Woods is that it is kind of too mild...I mean, I still had some buildup on my scalp even after 2 washes so I ended up adding a little baking soda and it got rid of the excess...I diluted it 4:1 (4oz water:1oz soap)...

I have not used it in a long time b/c when I first used it I "thought' it was stripping my hair...what I realized was that my cuticles were being raised which left my hair feeling stripped but it actually is a very mild soap...I just do a final ACV rinse to smooth my cuticles and restore the pH balance

I don't know whether to repurchase the Dr.Woods or try the Dr.Bronners or just stick to baking soda rinses & call it a day LOL:spinning:

Looking forward to the poll results!!!

Mook's hair

I have been considering trying the Dr Bronner's peppermint too.

I'll be watching this thread to see more input.

empressri

Daggone bootleg dr woods soap, wouldn't lather worth a DAMN. They do have a castile black soap that made me go oooh but I know it's going to be crap. Dr. Bronner Brothers need to make a castile liquid black soap.

thefineprint

I absolutely love Dr. Bronners...but that's now that I'm locked. As a loose natural I don't think that I would have used it. I would have preferred something a little more moisturizing. Dr. Bronners is great for locks because it doesn't leave buildup and helps keep the lock from slipping in the new stages...I doubt I would use it loose and nappy though:yep:

yokoyokogirl

I'm also bumping...I bought the Dr.Bronner's Hemp Almond Soap yesterday. It was hard to decide btw the Peppermint, but finally got one. I haven't used it for my hair yet, but it had a nice smell for a body wash.

KEWLKAT103

Just bought Dr. Bronner's for the first time today.
I got the rose. Smells heavenly, can't wait to see how it wprks out.
I plan to use it as a body wash primarilay. Maybe I'll try it on my hair.

HairGurl

Man....I just posted about this on my blog! :lachen::lachen:I used the Dr. Woods on my hair the other night. My hair felt weird after the wash but when I deep conditioned it turned back to normal. My hair is very, very soft. I think next time i will dilute it with water and baking soda.

PhonyBaloney500

Well just in terms of showeing I like Dr. Bronner's better.

Bronner's is a little harsh for me for a regular shampoo (I should probably dilute it, eh?). I haven't used Woods on my hair.

ayoung

I like Dr. Bronners.

FYI--ALWAYS dilute it. It is very 'harsh'--the company even recommends it when using it on body or hair