Electic Pressing Comb

Melaninme

I'm in a somewhat desperate search for a new electric pressing comb. I've used Gold-n-Hot in the past, but didn't like it as it would not maintain set temperature (kept losing heat). I currently have a Hot-n-Silky pressing comb that I absolutely adore. I've had this brand/comb for about 5 years. It is showing signs of wear and I've discovered that it is no longer carried at Sally's:cry3:. I've tried looking for it online to no avail.

For those of you using electric combs to straighten your hair, would you please share the brand that you are using?

I am eyeing the Andis High Heat Press Comb (38300), but wanted to ask you guys before making a purchase.

Thank you all in advance.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Go check Homegoods, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx. I just returned a Sultra Pressing Iron to Homegoods the other day.

It's only $19.99 and really nice. I tried it on one section of hair and loved it. It combines a hot comb and flat iron into one thing. It totally eliminates the need for the comb chase method.

I returned it because it only has two heat settings Relaxed @ 420 and Natural @ 450. That's too high for my hair. If you have coarse thick strands that can take the high temps, go get it. You'll love it! Smooth Silky hair in one pass.

I remember when they were selling them at Sephora for $200+.

Melaninme

Thanks you so much for your post. Yeah, both of the heat settings on the iron are too high/hot for my hair.

I will check the stores you mentioned though for other brands. Thank you for sharing your find with me.
Go check Homegoods, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx. I just returned a Sultra Pressing Iron to Homegoods the other day.

It's only $19.99 and really nice. I tried it on one section of hair and loved it. It combines a hot comb and flat iron into one thing. It totally eliminates the need for the comb chase method.

I returned it because it only has two heat settings Relaxed @ 420 and Natural @ 450. That's too high for my hair. If you have coarse thick strands that can take the high temps, go get it. You'll love it! Smooth Silky hair in one pass.

I remember when they were selling them at Sephora for $200+.

Melaninme

I used to like the andis but now I prefer an actual Marcel iron
@Napp,

Thank you! I've looked into the Marcel Iron since your post and I see that it isn't electric. Do you use an electric stove to heat your comb?

ETA: I've found a few heater stoves on Amazon, but can't tell if the heat is adjustable.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Melaninme

@Napp,

Thank you so much for your input. It is truly appreciated. I decided to give the stove you recommended a try. What sold me was that it is thermostat controlled.

I purchased it from Ebay. I'm searching now for a marcel pressing comb. If I get good results from using this combination, I may also purchase the stand, a marcel flat iron and a marcel curling iron as well.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp,

Thank you so much for your input. It is truly appreciated. I decided to give the stove you recommended a try. What sold me was that it is thermostat controlled.

I purchased it from Ebay. I'm searching now for a marcel pressing comb. If I get good results from using this combination, I may also purchase the stand, a marcel flat iron and a marcel curling iron as well.

please update us on this! I also would like to try a double press comb to see if I can get bone straight results with one pass

Melaninme

Ok...my stove arrived a while ago and I've just completed my research on marcel irons (no luck on finding a good electric pressing comb) and here is what I've done:

I have purchased two Kizure Pressing Combs found on Ebay. I ordered Kizure Pressing Comb K54 and Kizure Pressing Comb K52. The K54 has small teeth on the bottom of the tear drop base, so @Napp, this may be what you are looking for. Here is Kizure's website.

I read a blog post here that I found interesting and helped me to choose the Kizure brand over the Golden Supreme for the comb.

I also decided to purchase marcel flat irons. I purchased the irons ( two irons; 1 and 2 inch) from Golden Supreme's website.

Once I've tried out the stove, different combs, etc...I'll post my results.

ETA:

Here is a website (Milstan) that sells feather flat irons (and others). Didn't purchase anything from here as I wasn't quite ready to spend $70 on one iron. You can also google the name of this iron for a youtube video of a stylist using it on a client.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Asha97 I ended up getting Kentucky maid double pressing comb and flat iron. I still have my old pressing comb from my childhood too lol I am also looking for a beveled flat iron. I probably won't use them until January though. my next flat iron will be a keratin treatment. I'm not ready to use marcels for that lol