End of Summer '08 Waist Length Challenge 1st Reveal!!!

onyxcabelo

sorry I'm late guys. My sides need to catch up looks like it's growing in a V. I'm about 1.5 inches past bra strap - only in the very back though. The sides are taking their own sweet time.:ohwell:

Mine grows this way too. The back length grows so much faster than the sides, but I do know that a lot of people are like this and from what I have read on other boards, micro trims really help a lot. Previously, I had just been doing s&d trims, but from now until Sept I'll be taking at least 1/8" to 1/4" off every six weeks:yep:.

onyxcabelo

I am far from WL and a challenge dropout but I thought I'd post my "reveal" pic anyway. I went wrong with too much flat ironing :sad:. I'm going to get a good trim and try to minimize direct heat for the rest of the year.

Awww! I hope I misunderstood, you're not really dropping out are you? You shouldn't. Just think the summer is coming, which usually means hair growth spurt:lick: and besides your hair definitely looks repairable with only a minimal trim. I just cut some of my length too in order to even it up and thicken my hemline, I think you can make it:Rose:.

vpoetic

yes. Thank you for the challenge MariposaSexyGirl. This is really fun and everybody hair looks really beautiful.

caliber38

Hey ladies. Here's my reveal (pink shirt). I dont see any difference :sad: so i'm not sure if i'll make it. I wont give up though. I'm refusing to trim right now so we'll se what happens (last trim jan 08).

Divine_Order

Ok...so I'm having a hard time trying to resize the photo for my siggy:sad: So, I just used the pic for my avatar. :ohwell:

ETA....nevermind...it works :)

MariposaSexyGirl

Hey ladies. Here's my reveal (pink shirt). I dont see any difference :sad: so i'm not sure if i'll make it. I wont give up though. I'm refusing to trim right now so we'll se what happens (last trim jan 08).

Girl your hair look really close to WL. Its very pretty and thick.

caliber38

Girl your hair look really close to WL. Its very pretty and thick.

Thanks for the encouragement. My stylist tried hard to convince me to get it trimmed today. The stylist also claimed that you cant do anything with hair that long (WL/HL) and that it wont hold a curl. I was like Whatever

MariposaSexyGirl

Thanks for the encouragement. My stylist tried hard to convince me to get it trimmed today. The stylist also claimed that you cant do anything with hair that long (WL/HL) and that it wont hold a curl. I was like Whatever

I know how it can be. But you can do plenty with long hair. Don't let him/her discourage you.

Divine_Order

Your hair looks very pretty and thick as well. I can't wait to see it in spt. I know it will shoot down your back.

Girl, I'm trying!:spinning: I'd been using the flat iron more than I should be (yeah, I know better:nono:) Nothing but braidouts until my next touch up. I'm 9 weeks post now, so I have another 5 weeks to go. I can't wait to see where we ALL are by the time Sept. hits!:drunk: We've made so much progress thus far!:yep:

Girl, it looks like you are already at your waist!!!

tenjoy

Ok here or mine. One of the beginning of my challenge. One now. Oh and one bling shot to shw yall that my hair does in fact shine:look:. In the last pictue you can see the color of my hair. My color(some kind of red) is growing out so I tried to use the darkest brown rinse.According to my non color treated part it only last for one wash because my hair is back regular brown now :ohwell:. I want darker hair:sad:. Anyways enjoy!

Well this one I had to add to the page. Just my bling shot.

Mariposa your hair looks great! :grin:

MariposaSexyGirl

Girl, I'm trying!:spinning: I'd been using the flat iron more than I should be (yeah, I know better:nono:) Nothing but braidouts until my next touch up. I'm 9 weeks post now, so I have another 5 weeks to go. I can't wait to see where we ALL are by the time Sept. hits!:drunk: We've made so much progress thus far!:yep:

Girl, it looks like you are already at your waist!!!

Oh no I still have 2 1/2 inches to go. And yes everyone has made great progress.

zzirvingj

Hey everyone!! Below is a shot of my hair from this morning. I didn't post a "starting pic"...I got an unexpected trim this weekend when I got it pressed, so my hair is the same length it was from when I started...if not a little bit shorter (see my siggy pic below?!). I'm a little bummed about not having any progress to show but my hair is healthy and the trim probably was needed (it's been 10 months since my last professional trim) so I really can't complain. Anyways...I'm still in on this challenge; I really hope to still be able to make it to waist length!!

MariposaSexyGirl

Hey everyone!! Below is a shot of my hair from this morning. I didn't post a "starting pic"...I got an unexpected trim this weekend when I got it pressed, so my hair is the same length it was from when I started...if not a little bit shorter (see my siggy pic below?!). I'm a little bummed about not having any progress to show but my hair is healthy and the trim probably was needed (it's been 10 months since my last professional trim) so I really can't complain. Anyways...I'm still in on this challenge; I really hope to still be able to make it to waist length!!

Your hair is very pretty and so thick! loves it.

jenteel

hey everybody
u guys r lookin really good
most importantly every1's hair is also super healthy!!

here's my update
i did a light press and only did half my head
cuz i was lazy
depending on the bra
my longest layer is bottom of bsl
the rest just hitting bsl
i have abt 4-5 inches till wsl
this long a$$ torso which i usually love is not beneficial in this challenge!!!lol!

Have I ever told you how much I love your color!?

ps. Don't worry your hair looks great and it's on its way. I am about 4-5 inches away also.

hey everybody

here's my update
cuz i was lazy
depending on the bra
this long a$$ torso which i usually love is not beneficial in this challenge!!!lol!

MariposaSexyGirl

hey everybody

here's my update
cuz i was lazy
depending on the bra

Your hair looks really good.Great progress.Love your avi.

Aura

Ok, I don't know about by the end of the summer, it's possible if I don't trim it, but I'm thinking I MAY be there by the end of the year, definitely by spring 09.

Attachments

• March 08-3.jpg
    March 08-3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 45

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I love love love this thread, definitely a 5 starah. You ladies have such amazing hair, Thank you for posting your progress be it good or bad, I think it's all inspirational. Although I'm just grazing apl, I hope to be where you ladies are in the next two years. These pix definitely give me hope. You ladies rOcK...

Platinum

((Lurking)) You ladies are such an inspiration! :yep: Keep up the good work! It's amazing to see so many ladies with WL hair! I'll be in the WL challenge in about 2 to 2 1/2 years.

MariposaSexyGirl

Ok, I don't know about by the end of the summer, it's possible if I don't trim it, but I'm thinking I MAY be there by the end of the year, definitely by spring 09.

Um so miss Aura ,why is it you think you won't be there at the end of this summer? Because to me your totally grazing WL. Look closely your hair at your elbow and your natural waist. You mean you WILL be nearing HL at the end of the year :grin:.

MariposaSexyGirl

I love love love this thread, definitely a 5 starah. You ladies have such amazing hair, Thank you for posting your progress be it good or bad, I think it's all inspirational. Although I'm just grazing apl, I hope to be where you ladies are in the next two years. These pix definitely give me hope. You ladies rOcK...

((Lurking)) You ladies are such an inspiration! :yep: Keep up the good work! It's amazing to see so many ladies with WL hair! I'll be in the WL challenge in about 2 to 2 1/2 years.

Awww thanks ladies! And good luck to you on your hair goals. I'm sure you will make them.