End of Summer 08' Waist Length Challenge Final Reveal!

silverlotus

Have you used her in the past? If you never had problems with her before them I would say she just got carried away. But she still should have checked with you first. My stylist still does even after 7 years. If it is jealousy, then she will get hers. Q

No, she is new. We agreed on a specific amount (which she showed me) & she told me she was only cleaning up the ends. I was expecting to be an inch above WSL at the absolute most. Oh well. :ohwell:

Aww man. Did she trim while it was wet or dry? Next time get a dry trim. Or how about no more trims at all.

It was a dry trim, so yea.... I'm pretty much not gonna trim OR it will be done by me, myself & I.

Zsazsa6275

O.K. I am real close to waist length but not there yet. :sad: But it was fun trying.

Congrats to everyone who did reach the goal!!!

Attachments

• 100_0614.jpg
    100_0614.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

tenjoy

O.K. I am real close to waist length but not there yet. :sad: But it was fun trying.

Congrats to every who did reach the goal!!!

Watutalkinbout? That is at your waist ZsaZsa! You just need to join our full waist length challenge. Mariposa will start the challenge on Oct 1.

winnettag

Watutalkinbout? That is at your waist ZsaZsa! You just need to join our full waist length challenge. Mariposa will start the challenge on Oct 1.

I concur.
FWL, here you come!

ETA:

Thank you to all of the ladies that have or will post pics.
You are ALL my inspiration!

prospurr4

Thank you so much for the kind words! Now that I am done feeling sorry for myself, I'm just gonna post a pic. My hair appears longer in the pic than IRL. I need a good 2-3 inches to get back to WSL.

You're welcome! Your hair is still so thick and pretty.

onejamifan

Here go my pics. I had to step outside for a bit and it was drizzling, so I have a tiny bit of frizz action going on there...:perplexed

I will be trimming at the end of the year and hopefully will be able to make it full WL soon :)

By the way, I tried to blur out my tat, so that's that crazy coloring around my ends.

Attachments

• hair 074.jpg
    hair 074.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 80
  • hair 075.jpg
    hair 075.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 83

tenjoy

Here go my pics. I had to step outside for a bit and it was drizzling, so I have a tiny bit of frizz action going on there...:perplexed

I will be trimming at the end of the year and hopefully will be able to make it full WL soon :)

By the way, I tried to blur out my tat, so that's that crazy coloring around my ends.

WOW beautiful!

MariposaSexyGirl

Thank you so much for the kind words! Now that I am done feeling sorry for myself, I'm just gonna post a pic. My hair appears longer in the pic than IRL. I need a good 2-3 inches to get back to WSL.

:sad: Awww man I hate that happened. It still looks beautiful and long. I will be starting the full WL thread next week. I'm going out of town this week. Since I will have my laptop I might start it this week if I get a chance. But you made it to WL before all of us last time so you know your hair can grow back that long and even longer. Oh and hapy belated birthday.

MariposaSexyGirl

Ladies... beautiful, beautiful job! Gorgeous heads up in here! Wow!

SilverLotus, your hair is to die for!

Mariposa and Tee, what is your daily hair style? Bunned or not?

I wear buns mostly like during the week when I'm not doing to much. And I will wear straight styles via rollerset on the weekends.Trying to leave the flat iron out of this :look:.

MariposaSexyGirl

Thank you ladies for posting your pics. You all have some beautiful hair. I will definately make a full WL 09 thread so be looking out for it. Thanks again for growing hair with me lol.

*Frisky*

Congrats again ladies!! Everybodys hair is simply gorgeous...I joined the WL challenge for 2009 and I will def will join the FWL challenge 2009 with yall as well.

silverlotus

:sad: Awww man I hate that happened. It still looks beautiful and long. I will be starting the full WL thread next week. I'm going out of town this week. Since I will have my laptop I might start it this week if I get a chance. But you made it to WL before all of us last time so you know your hair can grow back that long and even longer. Oh and happy belated birthday.

Thanks! This challenge was a lot of fun & I'm glad to see lots of us made it! WSL in '08 was definitely a success. :yep:

jenteel

great job ladies!
wonderful inspiration!!

i failed the challenge:lachen:
i am just past bra strap
about 3 more inches to go
i've been in boxbraids (w my own hair)
for almost 2 months so i don't have a reveal photo
got tired of watching the pot boil!

mariposa thanks for starting this thread

ur hair looks beautifully healthy!
this thread made me get really serious
excited to make wsl in 2009!
just joined that thread!

2themax

Didn't make it:nono: This is for November, 2008.

Attachments

• 11-02-08.jpg
    11-02-08.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Lucia

Great progress ladies, I've been reading the posts and some of you were victims of SHS as I have been too, but no more, I do my own S&D's and trims and my hair "evened up" on it's own. These SHS always cut up to the shortest or where the majority of your hair is and if your growing it out your hair WILL NOT GROW EVEN. So they cut and cut and cut until it's even that's they're goal is even hair all the time meanwhile your progress is on the floor. I recommend all of you check out Chicoro's method in her fotki, on not cutting her hair all the time, it's helped me get to WSL.hth

wyldcurlz

Great progress ladies, I've been reading the posts and some of you were victims of SHS as I have been too, but no more, I do my own S&D's and trims and my hair "evened up" on it's own. These SHS always cut up to the shortest or where the majority of your hair is and if your growing it out your hair WILL NOT GROW EVEN. So they cut and cut and cut until it's even that's they're goal is even hair all the time meanwhile your progress is on the floor. I recommend all of you check out Chicoro's method in her fotki, on not cutting her hair all the time, it's helped me get to WSL.hth

it took me a 2nd read before i figured out SHS was scissor happy stylists. but SO TRUE!!! they're always wanting the hair to be even and saying your ends are weak and damaged. i tried to tell one stylist that "hair doesn't grow in even and blunt ends, they have to catch up." he arrogantly laughed off my begging for my ends and without my permission, turned me away from the mirror and proceeded to cut waaay more than necessary. i always wondered my hair was the same length for 5 yrs! i'm done too. i was always scared to self trim, but i'm going to read chicoro's fotki and give it a try. maybe then i can retain some length.

Lucia

it took me a 2nd read before i figured out SHS was scissor happy stylists. but SO TRUE!!! they're always wanting the hair to be even and saying your ends are weak and damaged. i tried to tell one stylist that "hair doesn't grow in even and blunt ends, they have to catch up." he arrogantly laughed off my begging for my ends and without my permission, turned me away from the mirror and proceeded to cut waaay more than necessary. i always wondered my hair was the same length for 5 yrs! i'm done too. i was always scared to self trim, but i'm going to read chicoro's fotki and give it a try. maybe then i can retain some length.

SHS= scissor happy stylists, read my blog on this topic, I'm really breaking it down there.

MrsQueeny

Thank goodness I don't have that problem with my stylist. I only get my hair trimmed every 6 months and my stylist of over 7 years always lets me see how much she plans on cutting first. Even though I trust her, she still asks. Q

Ediese

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS...GORGEOUS HAIR!