End of Summer 08' Waist Length Challenge Final Reveal!

MariposaSexyGirl

The longest I will grow is hip. But I really only want full WL. I want to have a U shape at WL and allow the layers that I got cut in (in 07) to catch up so my ends will be thick. The chick whose hair I really admire is that one chick Kari170 I think. Her ends are so full. Supergirl is also another chick that has those thick ends at WL. I typed to much. Basically I want very thick ends at my waist and no longer than Hip.

Tee

Well it looks like I need another 2 inches or so...I did cut about an inch off in July so I would had been a tad closer but that's cool. I started at a smidge past shoulder length in Feb 2006 so maybe by my 3 year anniversary, I will be WL. I can deal with that.

Tee

The longest I will grow is hip. But I really only want full WL. I want to have a U shape at WL and allow the layers that I got cut in (in 07) to catch up so my ends will be thick. The chick whose hair I really admire is that one chick Kari170 I think. Her ends are so full. Supergirl is also another chick that has those thick ends at WL. I typed to much. Basically I want very thick ends at my waist and no longer than Hip.
So what will be the next challenge, full waist?

*Supergirl has always been one of my full waist length inspiration. Her and Chicaro.

MariposaSexyGirl

What yall you want a full waist challenge? I'm totally down for it. Oh yeah I forgot Chicoro does have some beautiful natural WL hair. Oh and the girl I was talking about was Kari107. You should check her album out Tee.It's gorgeous. I think she is Kari59 on fotki though.

Tee

What yall you want a full waist challenge? I'm totally down for it. Oh yeah I forgot Chicoro does have some beautiful natural WL hair. Oh and the girl I was talking about was Kari107. You should check her album out Tee.It's gorgeous. I think she is Kari59 on fotki though.
Sounds good to me. (Full WL) Off to check out her fotki. Thanks.

Amerie123

WOW, all of you who posted have beautiful, healthy looking hair. Congrats for making's yall's goal. Wow, longing for the day when i will be there, :rolleyes:

silverlotus

When does it start? :lol:

I know I was supposed to post pics in here but I got my hair done today and she trimmed a LOT off... like I am now about 3 inches above WSL a lot. I'm too depressed to even post the pics.... sorry, ladies. :ohwell:

prospurr4

I know I was supposed to post pics in here but I got my hair done today and she trimmed a LOT off... like I am now about 3 inches above WSL a lot. I'm too depressed to even post the pics.... sorry, ladies. :ohwell:

Oh no!:nono: I am so sorry to read this! I always admire your siggy pics. I totally understand how you feel, but don't be too sad about it. :bighug:Your hair seems to grow fast, so I hope you get your 3 inches back (and then some) in no time.

silverlotus

Oh no!:nono: I am so sorry to read this! I always admire your siggy pics. I totally understand how you feel, but don't be too sad about it. :bighug:Your hair seems to grow fast, so I hope you get your 3 inches back (and then some) in no time.

Thank you so much for the kind words! Now that I am done feeling sorry for myself, I'm just gonna post a pic. My hair appears longer in the pic than IRL. I need a good 2-3 inches to get back to WSL.

Tee

Thank you so much for the kind words! Now that I am done feeling sorry for myself, I'm just gonna post a pic. My hair appears longer in the pic than IRL. I need a good 2-3 inches to get back to WSL.

It's still beautiful silverlotus! (But I understand your anger and frustration. I would have been a mixture of many emotions.)

I am so excited about the New challenge. :happydance:
They are my "full WL inspirations" as well :yep:
I use to live in their fotkis. (Still visit often) I even asked Supergirl if could save her WL pic for my inspirations. These ladies proved it could be done when I had never seen it done before. (and Blackbarbie too.)

tenjoy

Thank you ladies soooo much for all the wonderful comments. I'm definitely in for a FWL challenge :yep: Cause I swear the pictures lie :look: Im thinking about cornrows Nov 1 - Jan 1.

MrsQueeny

Thank you ladies soooo much for all the wonderful comments. I'm definitely in for a FWL challenge :yep: Cause I swear the pictures lie :look: Im thinking about cornrows Nov 1 - Jan 1.

Girl I feel the same way. I am down for another challenge. I will be getting braids too. Silverlotus your hair is beautiful. Q

sexyeyes3616

I am convinced that some SHS's are jealous of a women with long hair when they trim aka cut.

Last edited:

silverlotus

Thanks Tee & Que! I will be back on the full WSL challenge as soon as it gets started.

I am convinced that some SHS's are jealous of a women with long hair when they trim aka cut.

I dunno if she was jealous, it seems more like she got a little carried away. Either that or her concept of an "inch" is 4x what I think it is. :ohwell:

MrsQueeny

Thanks Tee & Que! I will be back on the full WSL challenge as soon as it gets started.

I dunno if she was jealous, it seems more like she got a little carried away. Either that or her concept of an "inch" is 4x what I think it is. :ohwell:

Have you used her in the past? If you never had problems with her before them I would say she just got carried away. But she still should have checked with you first. My stylist still does even after 7 years. If it is jealousy, then she will get hers. Q

tenjoy

Aww man. Did she trim while it was wet or dry? Next time get a dry trim. Or how about no more trims at all.

jrae

Ladies... beautiful, beautiful job! Gorgeous heads up in here! Wow!

SilverLotus, your hair is to die for!

Mariposa and Tee, what is your daily hair style? Bunned or not?

zzirvingj

It's still GORGEOUS!

Why did she trim so much off??? I am upset for you; I had a similar experience recently. :nono:

Again, your hair looks marvelous...as usual! :drunk:

Tee

Ladies... beautiful, beautiful job! Gorgeous heads up in here! Wow!

SilverLotus, your hair is to die for!

Mariposa and Tee, what is your daily hair style? Bunned or not?
I am a bunner. I will wear braid outs from time to time; but my hair is in a bun or clipped up 92% of the time.

onejamifan

I'm sitting under my Pibbs going over everyone's progress and I'd like to congratulate again all of you who participated in this challenge, whether you made it or not. Just sticking to it is hard enough, so I commend you. Silver lotus, I'm feeling pretty upset for you because your hair dresser did not follow your wishes. I must say your hair still looks GORGEOUS :yep::yep::yep: and you'll be WL in no time.

It is great to come in here and see so many ladies with healthy, long hair. Whether it's natural, relaxed or texlaxed. It's an affirmation to the fact that we can all have long, healthy, beautiful hair if we give it a little extra TLC.

I will be uploading my pictures later on this afternoon and am looking forward to the full WL in '09 challenge :) Heck, I might even try to go HL too!!!