Even Strands Root To Tip.....

MissCrawford

Are all your strands even? When my hair is damp and not straight I notice it the most or when my hair is in single braids. If I were to pull out hair that has shrunk it all doesn't seem to to follow. Some strands are shorter so they stick out. I know hair sheds so perhaps they are those strands that are growing out again? Maybe some people don't have this problem and all their strands are for the most part even.

BTW My hair is natural.

faithVA

No I hair isn't even close to even. Checking it wet is probably impossible. Between the different curl patterns and shrinkage levels its hard to tell what's going on.

I don't think this is uncommon which is why people straighten before they trim.

MissCrawford

Thanks guys, I came running back in here thinking you all we're gonna say "It's damage, do something quick!" I was too worried.... I feel a lot better. It doesn't feel damaged, I'm almost WL and I'll be damned if I big chop now. I worked so hard....

WYSIWYG

Each of your strands are at a different stage of the grow-rest-shed cycle. If all our strands grew on the same exact cycle, they would all shed simultaneously and you'd have regular periods of complete baldness. That would be terrible. :nono:

Even if you have 0% breakage, some hairs will be shorter because they're still babies. :grin:

MissCrawford

Each of your strands are at a different stage of the grow-rest-shed cycle. If all our strands grew on the same exact cycle, they would all shed simultaneously and you'd have regular periods of complete baldness. That would be terrible. :nono:

Even if you have 0% breakage, some hairs will be shorter because they're still babies. :grin:
That's is a breath of fresh air...:bighug:THANK YOU!!!!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Yea. Agreed. Ain't no way anybody's hair is all even unless they stay with shears in hand.

Even some areas got different growth rates than others on the same head!

No I hair isn't even close to even. Checking it wet is probably impossible. Between the different curl patterns and shrinkage levels its hard to tell what's going on.

I don't think this is uncommon which is why people straighten before they trim.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
It always feels like my strands are different lengths. And my hair grows in some funky layers with the sides softer and seemingly growing faster than the rest of my hair.