Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

ChristmasCarol

Hey ladies - I'm in dire need of help! I want this hairstyle for a function on Saturday, but I don't know where to begin:

I don't want the braids, however - I want the hair slicked to one side.

Do I mold this while wet under the dryer? Or should I flatiron my hair? What products should I use? Sould I do a braidout for the pontail or some other set?

Hep me, hep me please!

crlsweetie912

Hey ladies - I'm in dire need of help! I want this hairstyle for a function on Saturday, but I don't know where to begin:

I don't want the braids, however - I want the hair slicked to one side.

Do I mold this while wet under the dryer? Or should I flatiron my hair? What products should I use? Sould I do a braidout for the pontail or some other set?

Hep me, hep me please!

I would do it wet...then do a few braids in the pony for texture... You will look AMAZING!!!! Maybe some pomade, or whatever you usually use as a leave in, or a tiny bit of aloe gel just for the edges...

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i haven't posted in here in a while.
i have been bored as hayle with my hair lately.
i seem to be either in a puff, a bun, or straight.
i did do some cute bantu knots like a few weeks ago-love these.
please excuse the hint of boob. :look:

straight with some curl

boring bun. blah.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Rocky91 You have a beautiful head!....I mean I know it sounds strange, but it's tru. LOL And you have amazing features. That bantu-knot 'do is absolutely striking on you. :love:

SavannahNatural

Here's my side pony puff inspired by Naptural85.

Sent from my iPhone using the NEW LHCF App

Attachments

• image-3236899414.jpg
    image-3236899414.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1944194999.jpg
    image-1944194999.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2947588886.jpg
    image-2947588886.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2223343062.jpg
    image-2223343062.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1331032737.jpg
    image-1331032737.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 37
  • image-2671177936.jpg
    image-2671177936.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image-1591625019.jpg
    image-1591625019.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 34

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I just found this candid pic of me on fb - taken at the Curly Centric Jamaica's Naturals' Meetup. This was my look for church earlier that day as well.

ETA: Lawd this high res camera :nono:

Melaninme

Started straightening my hair this morning, but had to stop because I had to run an errand right away. Here are a few pics of what it looked like before I had to put on a beanie cap in 80 degree weather to head out!:lachen:Not even half of my head is done! Praying that my hat doesn't come off!:blush:

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I'm getting the hang of Curly Girl method. Day 3. The only thing I don't like is my shrinkage. I am definitely MBL and maybe longer but you see where my hair hits.

Attachments

• 03.29.12.jpg
    03.29.12.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 126

MsChelle

Coilychi said:
Eco argan + conditioner wash & go.

What conditioner are you using? I get a ton of white balls when I use EcoStyler with anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Coilychi

MsChelle said:
What conditioner are you using? I get a ton of white balls when I use EcoStyler with anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I used Original source pear & avocado conditioner for this set. I can use most conditioners because I apply the conditioner to bigger sections i.e. 4 sections. Let it sit for a min or two, then apply the gel.

MsChelle

Coilychi said:
I used Original source pear & avocado conditioner for this set. I can use most conditioners because I apply the conditioner to bigger sections i.e. 4 sections. Let it sit for a min or two, then apply the gel.

Thanks for the info! I will give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

MsChelle

image-1805124055.jpg

This was my first encounter with Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé. I should have checked out some reviews before using it. I hate it on wet hair! My hair was so sticky. Looked good though..... Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

MsChelle

Dayjoy said:
This made me :lachen: because I pictured you taking hair pics in some random stranger's bathroom!

I am afraid of strange bathrooms! I would only take a pic in a strange one if it were a fabulous one but I wouldn't touch anything.... :)

Last edited: