"Feature" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT'S GONE!

Peachtree

\"Feature\" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT\'S GONE!

Ok, now that my "Feature" is up, I can give an update....

Yep I did it!

I gave myself "a big chop", not to be confused with "THE big chop".

U all know that I can get very long winded
... so, let me cut right to it.

About 2 wks ago I cut about 12 or so inches
. I didn't measure it. I was beyond bra clasp, but now I'm a lil past shoulders
. It started with a ends trimming, but I couldn't resist & kept cutting & cutting... I just wanted to get rid of the relaxed hair. I was about to go for the gusto, but hubby stopped me
!

Anywho, I'm uploading some "new growth" pics now.... when I clear my cam's memory card, I gonna take some "length" pics & post them to the album.

I'm looooooooovvvvvving
my shorter length
. About 10-12 more inches of relaxed hair to cut
then I'm all naturale
. My back feels sooooo bare now... & I'M ACTUALLY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!

...CKiss, u know I was thinking about u when I was cutting out the relaxer... u inspired me girlie

Nx2brat

Re: \"Feature\" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT\'S GONE!

Congratulations Peachtree on your chop
Sounds like you won't be transitioning much longer. I can't wait to see your all natural do... I'm sure it will look great. I'm glad to see you've already fell in love with your natural hair.

CaramelKiss

Peachtree- Girl- U have me SPEECHLESS!!!!

Here I am gettin ready to go to class, having my oatmeal reading up on the posts and then I see this one!!!!

On one hand I want to scream why??? U had all that glorious length, I had no where near ur length when I did mine and so it wasn't too traumatic- BUT on the other hand I know what u are feeling. That little trim turned into a life altering event. I am going to have to e-mail u when I get back from class. I have a whole lot to say!!!

But congratulations to u on your big chop and- 12 inches is BIG!!! No pun intended!!! Or maybe....hmmmm....!

Silliness aside, I am really looking forward to seeing your updated pics and also- thank u!! It feels good to know that I had the opportunity to inspire the FEATURE OF THE MONTH!!!!!! (((screaming))) YEAH!!!!! Girl I am so excited for u!!!!!

Okay, gotta finish the oatmeal, already dripped some on my blouse!!!

Talk to u soon!!

pebbles

Wow!! You've got guts!
Congratulations!! I'm happy for you.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

You are beyond brave, girl! That took a lot of guts. Congrats!

[ QUOTE ]

You are beyond brave, girl! That took a lot of guts. Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Allandra

Why did I know you were going to come out with a 'shocker'
I'm glad you're loving it girl.

Tebby1017

Okay...enough with the tears. If you're happy then I'm happy for you. I loved your hair long, but I'm sure the shorter version is every bit as beautiful.

Now hurry up and post some pics!!

Tebby

Stormy

Whew! Peachtree girrrrl...I agree that's a lot to cut, but when I read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to say you chopped it shorter than that! lol! I'm glad you stopped at shoulder length! Or should I say...glad your hubby stopped you! lol!

Glad you're loving it.

EXSQUISIT

peachtree, you got me. i knew u were transitioning but i never thought you'd cut this much this soon......but like all the other ladies said, your hair is gorgeous whatever length and i cant wait to see your natural hair.

G

[ QUOTE ]
On one hand I want to scream why??? U had all that glorious length, I had no where near ur length

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda makes you
sick does'nt it?? Well at least it does me, here we are trying to Gain Length, spending every waking moment on this board and then someone chops 10 - 12

Boy what I'd do to have that to spare

JenJen2721

Peachtree!!! Congratulations girl! You are so brave. I'm sure you'll fall in love with your new au natural hair! Can't wait to see the pics!

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On one hand I want to scream why??? U had all that glorious length, I had no where near ur length

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda makes you
sick does'nt it?? Well at least it does me, here we are trying to Gain Length, spending every waking moment on this board and then someone chops 10 - 12

Boy what I'd do to have that to spare

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both...I'd be darn near bald if I cut that much hair!

Tebby

nita4

Congrats girl, whatever makes you happy makes us happy!! Either way I'm sure you'll look adorable.

SingingStar12

Congratulations on your big chop... I'm glad it is working out for you! It's very brave!

Lindy

YIKES, Peachtree!!!
OMG!!! This is unbelievable!! You are SOOOO brave, girl!!!
My head is
right now thinking about all that pretty hair you cut off. Did you save it???? Anyway, I'm sure your shoulder length hair looks beautiful too!! (Can't wait to see pics!!)

Honi

There is no board.

Wow! I thought that you were gonna do it gradually meaning as it grew you were cutting. I can see you are very excited about it now to just chop if down like that. At least it wasn’t too drastic. I can’t wait to see what your hair looks like now and when your finally au naturale.

douglala

Giirrlll, u have been an inspiration to me for the last few months. I screamed outloud when I read your post. I am glad that you are loving your cut. Congrats on being the feature of the month and Congrat on doing the 'BIG' chop!! Cant wait to see those pics.

AFashionSlave

Go Head Girl with your choppin self!!!

You have shown that once you make the commitment to go natural nothing will stand in your way. Good luck girl on the official "The Big Chop"
I'm so proud of you!!!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses

Peach! I'm cheering you on girl!
You have already proven that you can wear beautiful long relaxed hair and I'm sure that your natural hair is even more awesome! I never reached anywhere near the length you've attained but as a former relaxer gone natural I can testify to being in love with my natural tresses. Can't wait to see your pics!

Spagirl

Girl, you have given me an added understanding of what the Bible says: if your left hand offend ye, cut it off. I imagine you've experienced a feeling of relief as well. Congratulations!!!!

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army

[ QUOTE ]
Giirrlll, u have been an inspiration to me for the last few months. I screamed outloud when I read your post. I am glad that you are loving your cut. Congrats on being the feature of the month and Congrat on doing the 'BIG' chop!! Cant wait to see those pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO
Congratulations!

MiaLi

With progress comes change! Congrats again Peachtree!

Crysdon

Good luck with your transitioning Peachtree. I'm sure your hair will look nice no matter what length you are.

SherryLove

WOW!!! Enjoy it, Girl..... I am happy for you........Just remember it may be shorter, but it is still beautiful.....

SherryLove

One more thing.....Peachtree. As soon as I finally reach waist length (I was almost there before the cut in June), I will probably cut mine as well.........Sometimes you get tired of dealing with all of that hair. I know I do....

G

SHERRYLOVE ARRG
GIRL, IMMA

STOP IT!!!!

*whew* ok, had to vent...

All my inspirations are changing, First Sweetcocoa, now this, and Sherylove talkin crazy
what next ADRIENEE!!!! AHH,
I can't take anymore

Nina_deF

[ QUOTE ]
SHERRYLOVE ARRG
GIRL, IMMA

STOP IT!!!!

*whew* ok, had to vent...

All my inspirations are changing, First Sweetcocoa, now this, and Sherylove talkin crazy
what next ADRIENEE!!!! AHH,

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you, Mindymouse.
It makes me kinda
!
Next thing I know I'll be so inspired I'mma go bald!