"Feature" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT'S GONE!

Nonie

Re: \"Feature\" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT\'S GONE!

Peachtree, you are certainly one of the most beautiful people on here (inside and I'm sure out too). Your posts are always so positive, cheery... Such perker-uppers! You are an inspiration not just to transitioners, but also to relax-ers and naturals alike! And what good timing this chop was.
-- I'm glad you waited until your latest picture was nicely framed in "Feature of the Month", so that it'll serve as an inspiration to all who doubt such goals are reachable, and a "promise" for you, as you re-start the journey, that you WILL get there again. I am so proud of you.

May you always have the glowing spirit you have today and may you always find what you seek. You deserve to be happy always for you certainly make others happy, almost with no deliberate effort on your part (it seems). Thanks for making my day, yet again.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I can only say congratulations! You have done what you think is best for "you"!

G

[ QUOTE ]
makes me kinda !
Next thing I know I'll be so inspired I'mma go bald!

[/ QUOTE ]

Victorian

old head

WOW!! You go, girl! I know that took a lot of courage. You are such an inspiration to so many people! Congratulations on your big step towards natural hair. You know we can't wait to see the pictures!

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
SHERRYLOVE ARRG
GIRL, IMMA

STOP IT!!!!

*whew* ok, had to vent...

All my inspirations are changing, First Sweetcocoa, now this, and Sherylove talkin crazy
what next ADRIENEE!!!! AHH,
I can't take anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

I know..Sherrylove...why are you doing this to us? And Adrienne, if you're out there, you know how I feel about your hair...you BET NOT cut it!!

Tebby

ny2atl

Hey Peachtree!

First and foremost... CONGRATS on being "Ms. September."

As far as your CHOP... I'm happy if you are.

DatJerseyDyme

I had a friend who did this..she was WELL PAST waist length and donated 2 12" braids...I was pround of her, and I'm sure she made someone VERY happy!

SherryLove

Girls, unfortunately, I am experiencing a financial crisis; and I have not been to my stylist in over three (3) weeks. I hate to ask her to do it for free. My hair looks horrible-all thick and dry....what a difference a good conditioner can make....I have been wearing a bun for the past three weeks, and my scalp is itching like crazy....I thought about doing it myself, but I just do not have the get up to do it.
too long and thick....and I do not have the proper equipment.....And I am thinking if my hair was shorter I would not have this problem.....hey, if i do decide to go short like peachtree, i will be sure to carry my long hair pics w/me...

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
Girls, unfortunately, I am experiencing a financial crisis; and I have not been to my stylist in over three (3) weeks. I hate to ask her to do it for free. My hair looks horrible-all thick and dry....what a difference a good conditioner can make....I have been wearing a bun for the past three weeks, and my scalp is itching like crazy....I thought about doing it myself, but I just do not have the get up to do it.
too long and thick....and I do not have the proper equipment.....And I am thinking if my hair was shorter I would not have this problem.....hey, if i do decide to go short like peachtree, i will be sure to carry my long hair pics w/me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand that...there is no way you can do your hair yourself at all? Please don't cut your hair...borrow money or something, but please don't cut it.

BTW...how long did it take for you to grow your hair to that length? Would you try to grow it out again?

Tebby

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand that...there is no way you can do your hair yourself at all? Please don't cut your hair...borrow money or something, but please don't cut it.

BTW...how long did it take for you to grow your hair to that length? Would you try to grow it out again?

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way......
I am way too lazy and unmotivated.....

It took about three years for my hair to grow to almost waist length........Knowing how fickle i can be, i probably would.....

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Sherrylove. Long time, no see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Karonica........
I had to take a short break..........

auntybe

Peachtree:

I know you are enjoying your "new" hair. I am happy for you. I wish I could grow my natural hair the length your hair was.

Auntybe

lala

Peachtree - I'm happy for you. I wish I could be relaxer-free. I tried to grow it out, but my hair was so thick and unmanageable, I couldn't stand it. Pre-relaxer my hair was never so difficult to manage.

LaFemmeNegrita

An LHCF goddess, chop-chopping away?!

ROCK. ON. WIF. YO. BAAAAAD SELF, PEACHTREE!!!!!!!

TinyT

Congrats on your mini big chop. I know how excited you must be.

bimbabe

Congrats Peachtree!!!

You are a great inspiration for all of those who are in pursuit of healty hair.

Ire_manzi

[ QUOTE ]
Peach! I'm cheering you on girl!
You have already proven that you can wear beautiful long relaxed hair and I'm sure that your natural hair is even more awesome! I never reached anywhere near the length you've attained but as a former relaxer gone natural I can testify to being in love with my natural tresses. Can't wait to see your pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!
Congratulations girl!

levette

I can't believe you did it. But I believe it is for the best. Natural hair is so much stronger and being chemical-free seems to be liberating. I once tried to transition but after the 3rd month, I broke down and got a relaxer. I know that you will be happy about this.

babyblue

Wow your so brave!

Im proud of you though. Good luck with your transition. I know your hair will be as beautiful natural as it is relaxed.

MissM

See you have to watch CarmelKiss, that chick will inspire you to do just about anything!!! She inspired me to keep chopping away at my "V" until the rest of my hair is one length-and I haven't even looked back since then. It feels so good to look in the back and see somewhat even hair.

But, dang, Peachtree, girl....I am speechless at the gumption you had to cut that much. Wowser! But hey, when you have a goal in mind, nothing can stand in your way. As long as you feel good about it that is all that matters. You go girl!!!! And I really bow down to you for sticking to transitioning, I tried it but I'm afraid of what my hair will do when we eventually move to a humid climate.

Nyambura

surfer girl

[ QUOTE ]
WOW!! You go, girl! I know that took a lot of courage. You are such an inspiration to so many people! Congratulations on your big step towards natural hair. You know we can't wait to see the pictures!

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachtree

Thanks NX2BRAT

CKISS,
Guuuuurl, u keep me rollin'
! I'll hit u up on the pm a lil later

Thanks Pebs

I would have NEVER thought that I would cut so much so fast.
But then again, I would have NEVER thought I'd go natural either. Guts, yep, I got sum
!

Allandra, see, I told u in that "where's Peachtree thread" that I had something "shocking" to reveal

Stormy, it was gonna be shorter but hubby started trippin'
! Then again, I'm glad he stopped me cuz I almost forgot that I needed to leave enough length for nice sized buns

Ms Jennifer, yeah, I surprised my family too.
But they're soooo happy that I'm not relaxing anymore.... between their luv & the luv on this board, I'm sure that I'll achieve my goals

Hey Lindy

Nope, I didn't save it... Hope this makes sense.... I emotionally "let go" of the relaxed hair... my heart is now solely on my natural hair. (I would have NEVER thought I would feel this way). Anywho.... I still have plenty of pics... a lot of which I haven't posted onto my album.
I see it this way... I cut off much of the relaxed hair to make way for the stronger, definitely more beautiful natural hair
. I can't wait to show off those pics when I'm totally natural

Honi, yeah, initially I was gonna trim as I grew. But then I thought about it.
I'm gonna cut out the relaxer once my natural hair reaches shoulder length.... that's close to 2 yrs.... why con't to care for the longer relaxed strands when I'm gonna cut them anyway? Shhhhhoot, I'd rather keep that money in my wallet. Although I'm "hair frugal", the maintenance cost (products) was still putting a nice lil dent in my wallet. Now I can save about half of the cost
I'M OVERJOYED ABOUT THAT
!!!!!!!

Thanks AFASHIONSLAVE

I can feel ur luv girl
. I'm really proud of myself. I'm really doing it!!!! Cutting that hair was my official "I'm goin' natural" move!!!!! I have excitement written all over my face

JetCityGirl, U R DEFINITELY 1 OF MY INSPIRATIONS
. I'm always "all up" in ur album
! Keep those pics comin' kiddo

SpaGirl, YES!!!!! Relief u would not believe!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks MiaLi... u sum'd it up perfectly... "with progress comes change". I'm making beautiful progress transitioning... & IT WAS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

Heeeey Sherrylove

U feel me, don't u? It takes a lot of work (time, money, will power) to maintain all of that hair. Don't get me wrong ladies, it's wonderful to have.... & I plan to have longer lengths again being natural. Just preparing sum of y'all!!!!

Sherry, where do u wanna cut to?

Uh oh, Sherry, watch out... Mindymouse is having all kindza' fits about this
!!!

Nina, GIRL, U R 1 Ca-RAAAAAZY lady

I can not read ur post without laughing
U r crackin' me up!!!!

OMG NONIE!!
I am soooo touched by ur post
. Sweetheart, I'm all teary eyed again.... the luv is overwhelming.... I wish I could just reach out & give u a hug. I found a hugging smiley, but I lost it somehow... so, here's a kissy 4u
U JUST MADE MY MORNING!!!!
Thank u luv

Hi LONGHAIRGOAL

I didn't donate this time cuz my cut was more like small trims. However, I did donate about 20" of braided hair to "Locks of Love" during my senior yr in college (goodness that was over 8 yrs ago)... anywho, that's when I cut it to a "Halle" do (like she worn in "Strickly Business"). I was really proud of that!

Auntybe, U CAN DO IT LUV
. A lot of time, patience, plenty of self assurance & water (for moisturing of course
)... IT CAN BE DONE.... the ladies here are proof

Lala, that was my reason for keeping a relaxer... cuz my natural hair was too thick & too unmanageable (post relaxer). Then I found the RIGHT products for my hair..... WHAT A DIFFERENCE THAT HAS MADE
Now, my natural hair is WAYYYYYYY more manageable than the relaxed strands. I NEVER thought that would be possible... although my mom never had a problem with my natural hair (pre-relaxer)...

LAFEMMENIGRITA.... "hair goddess"... oh geez! I'm not on "that" level yet
. But thanks for the honor

Thanks TracyAnnette

Yes, luv, I'm VERRRRY EXCITED
! I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off .... What a wonderful feeling
.... NO TURNING BACK NOW
!!!!!

Thanks MissM

Yeah, BEWARE OF CARAMELKISS.... she'll have u like this
!!!!

I know that I didn't respond to quite a few of posts... but don't worry, I read each & every one of them
. But what's more important is the incredible feeling of luv, encouragement & smiles that I've absorbed from each post. I can not stress enough the joy I get from being on this board... It's overwhelming.... It's wonderful

Thanks again ladies... I look forward to sharing more of my transitional journey with u all

Peace, I'm outta here!
Peachtree
(aka Tana...
pronounced like "Anna" with a "T")

zoya_j

Peachtree, I'm glad for you on your chop, but girl you are too brave.

Tara

Okay, I just viewed your album, and as my computer is tempermental I couldn't respond sooner but, I LOVE IT!!

I too love the motion picture.

I swear you ladies could be Pantene models, for real!!! It looks beautiful!!

longhairgoal

[ QUOTE ]

Hi LONGHAIRGOAL

I did donate about 20" of braided hair to "Locks of Love" during my senior yr in college (goodness that was over 8 yrs ago)... anywho, that's when I cut it to a "Halle" do (like she worn in "Strickly Business"). I was really proud of that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachtree,

That is SO awesome! I'm sure that truly helped out a child who really appreciated your thoughtfulness! I also had my hair cut into the Halle/Anita Baker hairdo a few years ago, but didn't think to donate my own hair at the time!