"Feature" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT'S GONE!

melodee

Re: \"Feature\" update: Yep, chop, chop, IT\'S GONE!

Peachtree, how is your daughter liking your new haircut? You know kids can be your biggest critics!!

Peachtree

Girl, she hasn't even thought twice about it. She's only 1 (will be 2 on the 28th). She's more into knotting up her babydoll's hair.

...She has been giving me these funny looks lately though
!

ngaa

wow peachtree aint that some news!! i aint been on in a while and wen i do come back i'm bombareded with al this shockin news!! glad u lik yo new hair do kinda reminds me of wen i cut mine as well!! i cant even describe the feeling of relief i had coz i cudnt remember what i looked lik with all natural short hair!! oh and i didnt mean to cut off as much as i ended up doin but i didnt see the point in takin good care of my hair wen it was only goin to be chopped off down the road

teenie

Peachtree, I just saw your updated pictures, WOW beautiful hair, so long and healthy looking, I was in awe the most about how straight you can get it w/ out heat and while transitioning, (I'm transitioning too but only because I'm pregnant and dont relax while pregnant) I'm on my way to the store to get hot 6 oil as soon as they open
Thanks for sharing

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks NX2BRAT

CKISS,
Guuuuurl, u keep me rollin'
! I'll hit u up on the pm a lil later

Thanks Pebs

I would have NEVER thought that I would cut so much so fast.
But then again, I would have NEVER thought I'd go natural either. Guts, yep, I got sum
!

Allandra, see, I told u in that "where's Peachtree thread" that I had something "shocking" to reveal

Stormy, it was gonna be shorter but hubby started trippin'
! Then again, I'm glad he stopped me cuz I almost forgot that I needed to leave enough length for nice sized buns

Ms Jennifer, yeah, I surprised my family too.
But they're soooo happy that I'm not relaxing anymore.... between their luv & the luv on this board, I'm sure that I'll achieve my goals

Hey Lindy

Nope, I didn't save it... Hope this makes sense.... I emotionally "let go" of the relaxed hair... my heart is now solely on my natural hair. (I would have NEVER thought I would feel this way). Anywho.... I still have plenty of pics... a lot of which I haven't posted onto my album.
I see it this way... I cut off much of the relaxed hair to make way for the stronger, definitely more beautiful natural hair
. I can't wait to show off those pics when I'm totally natural

Honi, yeah, initially I was gonna trim as I grew. But then I thought about it.
I'm gonna cut out the relaxer once my natural hair reaches shoulder length.... that's close to 2 yrs.... why con't to care for the longer relaxed strands when I'm gonna cut them anyway? Shhhhhoot, I'd rather keep that money in my wallet. Although I'm "hair frugal", the maintenance cost (products) was still putting a nice lil dent in my wallet. Now I can save about half of the cost
I'M OVERJOYED ABOUT THAT
!!!!!!!

Thanks AFASHIONSLAVE

I can feel ur luv girl
. I'm really proud of myself. I'm really doing it!!!! Cutting that hair was my official "I'm goin' natural" move!!!!! I have excitement written all over my face

JetCityGirl, U R DEFINITELY 1 OF MY INSPIRATIONS
. I'm always "all up" in ur album
! Keep those pics comin' kiddo

SpaGirl, YES!!!!! Relief u would not believe!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks MiaLi... u sum'd it up perfectly... "with progress comes change". I'm making beautiful progress transitioning... & IT WAS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

Heeeey Sherrylove

U feel me, don't u? It takes a lot of work (time, money, will power) to maintain all of that hair. Don't get me wrong ladies, it's wonderful to have.... & I plan to have longer lengths again being natural. Just preparing sum of y'all!!!!

Sherry, where do u wanna cut to?

Uh oh, Sherry, watch out... Mindymouse is having all kindza' fits about this
!!!

Nina, GIRL, U R 1 Ca-RAAAAAZY lady

I can not read ur post without laughing
U r crackin' me up!!!!

OMG NONIE!!
I am soooo touched by ur post
. Sweetheart, I'm all teary eyed again.... the luv is overwhelming.... I wish I could just reach out & give u a hug. I found a hugging smiley, but I lost it somehow... so, here's a kissy 4u
U JUST MADE MY MORNING!!!!
Thank u luv

Hi LONGHAIRGOAL

I didn't donate this time cuz my cut was more like small trims. However, I did donate about 20" of braided hair to "Locks of Love" during my senior yr in college (goodness that was over 8 yrs ago)... anywho, that's when I cut it to a "Halle" do (like she worn in "Strickly Business"). I was really proud of that!

Auntybe, U CAN DO IT LUV
. A lot of time, patience, plenty of self assurance & water (for moisturing of course
)... IT CAN BE DONE.... the ladies here are proof

Lala, that was my reason for keeping a relaxer... cuz my natural hair was too thick & too unmanageable (post relaxer). Then I found the RIGHT products for my hair..... WHAT A DIFFERENCE THAT HAS MADE
Now, my natural hair is WAYYYYYYY more manageable than the relaxed strands. I NEVER thought that would be possible... although my mom never had a problem with my natural hair (pre-relaxer)...

LAFEMMENIGRITA.... "hair goddess"... oh geez! I'm not on "that" level yet
. But thanks for the honor

Thanks TracyAnnette

Yes, luv, I'm VERRRRY EXCITED
! I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off .... What a wonderful feeling
.... NO TURNING BACK NOW
!!!!!

Thanks MissM

Yeah, BEWARE OF CARAMELKISS.... she'll have u like this
!!!!

I know that I didn't respond to quite a few of posts... but don't worry, I read each & every one of them
. But what's more important is the incredible feeling of luv, encouragement & smiles that I've absorbed from each post. I can not stress enough the joy I get from being on this board... It's overwhelming.... It's wonderful

Thanks again ladies... I look forward to sharing more of my transitional journey with u all

Peace, I'm outta here!
Peachtree
(aka Tana...
pronounced like "Anna" with a "T")

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachtree,, I truly feel like cutting it to my collarbone....but I made a promise to everyone to wait a while.......

Once again, your hair looks gorgeous.......