Finally!....I'm going natural!

MissFallon

Ok....I have been wanting to go natural since January and was doing good until the hot weather hit. I noticed that during the summer months it is too hard for me to stretch my relaxer over the summer so I decided to relax on June 26th. I underprocessed it and only relaxed approx 25% so I still basically have about 3 inches of ng. Since the summer is almost over and I generally like to stretch my relaxers during the winter I figure I will stretch from now until May of next yr and then if I can get about 9-10 inches by May (I usually get atleast 1 inch per month) I will just do a big chop and wear my hair curly during the next summer (cuz its only hard to deal with my hair during the summer because of the two textures). Ok so now i'm ready. I hope I can make it this time!:look:

Last edited:

MissFallon

Thanks. I am pretty good with managing new growth so I figure that if it was all one texture and I didn't have to worry about new growth and relaxed hair on the same head I would have so many more styling options. I also remember when I was younger b4 I relaxed I used to do rollersets w/o the blowout and it came out straight so I figure that if I want it straight I could just do a rollerset. Most likely this will be my transitioning style...rollerset and then a bun. I also have a lacefront so I may use that for a couple of months to protect my hair from the cold weather and to transition. What are some products that work best on natural hair? Lately all of my moisturizers aren't cutting it...I need something else ( I have about 3 inches of ng on my head that are about 25% relaxed)

Synthia

I'm glad you set a date in the future ...so you can have time to adjust psychologically, spiritually ...like Countrygal was talking about in her recent thread. Good luck.

MissFallon

DDtexlaxd said:
Congrats! When u do the Bc keep us posted.

Chopping off my hair is the hard part for me, not being natural. I haven't purposely cut my hair since 2003. When I cut it in January that was only because after taking out the sew-in I had some parts shoulder length and some parts bsl and I couldn't wear it like that. I may do like 1" every 2 months starting in February instead of cutting it all of at the same time.

hopeful

MissFallon said:
Thanks every1, hopefully I will make it this time.

You can do it MissFallon! What are you currently using on your newgrowth? I'm sure there are lots of successful transitioners who can help you out. I know BlackCardinal had a successful long tranisition. I think cutting an inch at a time is a good idea, that's how I transitioned my daughter's hair back to natural, it's less painful that way.

MissFallon

hopeful said:
You can do it MissFallon! What are you currently using on your newgrowth? I'm sure there are lots of successful transitioners who can help you out. I know BlackCardinal had a successful long tranisition. I think cutting an inch at a time is a good idea, that's how I transitioned my daughter's hair back to natural, it's less painful that way.

I use PCJ NewGro Hairdress which is great for me. It keeps my ng straight (after applying and wrapping) and really soft and manageable. I also use ORS Carrot Oil to prevent breakage from stretching. I usually start using it 3-4 months into stretching and then use it every other day on my scalp and ng.