IS STRETCHING GOOD DURING THE SUMMER?

IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO DO LONG STRETCHES DURING SUMMER MONTHS?

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

LAYDEE

Okay, so im at the barbershop/beauty salon with my husband today and this lady compliments me on my hair and next thing you know the entire shop is having a deep discussion about hair care:grin:-it felt like a scene from Barbershop (that's the only thing i miss about going to the salon-all the talk and gossip). Anyhoo--one of the stylist(female-with very healthy tresses of her own) tells me that although stretching is a big plus, i may want to watch how much i stretch due to the hot climate in hawaii. She said that during the summer time hair usually grows alot more than in winter, fall, etc... And since its summer time basically year round out here i might want to watch how many weeks i stretch. Is this actually true? Id rather hear the opinions of LHCF.

You would still be able to stretch but you may have to change somethings. Maybe you'll only be able to stretch to 12 weeks instead of 16 OR maybe it'll take more work to stretch to 16 weeks because you have more new growth.

I live in a warm weather climate and I still stretch. Today is actually 14 weeks for me. I can't really say my hair grows more in the summer because I'm in the A/C all day. Now if you're out in the heat that may be a different story.

I think its better for me. I can CW everyday in the summertime so my scalp is always clean and my hair always moisturized. Now in the colder months (I live in NY) I cant do that. So my answer was yes.

tuffCOOKiE said:
I think its better for me. I can CW everyday in the summertime so my scalp is always clean and my hair always moisturized. Now in the colder months (I live in NY) I cant do that. So my answer was yes.

Same for me. I can't stand wet hair in the winter. That's usually when I go back to rollersets.

My hair grew like a weed in the summer it was ridiculous, I know that i couldn't stretch in the summer and believe i tried! :lol:

My hair LOVES the summer heat! Like tuffCookie said, you get to CW more in the summer too.

Just be careful with your care and be sure to moisturize and keep manipulation low and you should be able to make it. It will really depend on your hair.

Softresses

Back