First self flat iron in a year (pics included)

TCatt86

VERY PRETTY!
did you do this today?
how is the press holding up?

I did it yesterday it held up yesterday very well, and I was out all afternoon and night. It's ok today, frizzing a little on the sides but that's to be expected with my hair for whatever reason my sides kink back up quick. I went out last night so my hair smells like smoke but it still looks nice. I may take a pic and put it up.

TCatt86

You're better than I am with the flat iron. Nice shine!

:grin: Thanks, I used to be a flat iron queen when I was relaxed and through the first half of my transition, so I still remember so techniques I used. Then I just combined what I knew and everyone elses method and voila!!! I probably won't flat iron again until February if then, but I hope I get better each time.

SimpleBrooklyn

Beautiful hair. Question...when was your last relaxer? I'm doing the BC for New Year's and just wanted an idea of what I may be working with length wise :)

TCatt86

Beautiful hair. Question...when was your last relaxer? I'm doing the BC for New Year's and just wanted an idea of what I may be working with length wise :)

My last relaxer was Jan/Feb of 2007. I can't quite remember because I hadn't intended on growing it out I was initially just going to stretch my relaxers.

Ms_Twana

It looks really good. You did a good job. Did you say what kind of flat iron you used?? I didn't read the whole thread.

And KUDOS to you. I can't IMAGINE not straightening my hair for a whole year. :notworthy Straight hair envy gets the best of me!!:crybaby: :lachen:

TCatt86

It looks really good. You did a good job. Did you say what kind of flat iron you used?? I didn't read the whole thread.

And KUDOS to you. I can't IMAGINE not straightening my hair for a whole year. :notworthy Straight hair envy gets the best of me!!:crybaby: :lachen:

I didn't mention it. I used a FHI flat iron then I bumped with a Chi, I got that idea from some girl on youtube.

Oh I've straightened it, I've just paid to get it done. I've gotten my hair flat ironed in Feb. 08 then again in October of this year, but those were professionals, this is my first full flat iron in a year, I tried to do it in September or October by myself but I stopped a fourth through because it looked horrible.

Ms_Twana

I didn't mention it. I used a FHI flat iron then I bumped with a Chi, I got that idea from some girl on youtube.

Oh I've straightened it, I've just paid to get it done. I've gotten my hair flat ironed in Feb. 08 then again in October of this year, but those were professionals, this is my first full flat iron in a year, I tried to do it in September or October by myself but I stopped a fourth through because it looked horrible.

:lachen:Oh okay. Well good job, girl. It looks great!!

jndurieux

It looks really healthy, I like it a lot. I would be natural if when straighten it would look like yours.

TCatt86

It looks really healthy, I like it a lot. I would be natural if when straighten it would look like yours.

Thanks!! And it didn't take as long as I expected, about 45 minutes to blow dry and an hour and a half to flatiron maybe two hours, I wanted to make sure I was careful so I wouldn't have to pass the flatiron on my hair too many times. I think I passed a total of two times.