Need product recs for hairgrowth around edges.

jada1111

I need either a recipe or a product that WILL help aid hairgrowth around edges.

Something that WORKS. It's mostly around the right part of my hair.

loulou82

I stopped putting stress on my edges via weaves, braids, tight buns, and puffs. I kept them well moisturized each day and used a butter to seal. Several times a week I did scalp massages with oil. (ex: rosemary or lavender with castor, jojoba, or sweet almond oil. Honestly it was when I stretched my relaxer and moisturized daily that gave me the biggest result.

ceebee3

I did a search before and came up with vitamin E oil, nexxus biotin creme, Minoval, and nioxin follicle booster.

I've been using the nexxus biotin creme, but I haven't noticed any significant growth on my temples.

jada1111

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

I don't know what's going on. I don't put stress on my edges by pulling tightly or wearing puffs all the time. I'm thinking it "might" be the IC Gel with/sparklites. It's the only thing different that I have "re-introduced" into my regimen. I remember this happening before, but didn't pay too much attention until now. I was thinking it was the Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner. Maybe it wasn't?

I'm also going to let Pantene Relaxed and Natural conditioner go too. I don't know, it detangles beautifully, but my hair doesn't seem as "lively" as it used to. Maybe the sodium hydroxide at the end of the ingredients list might have something to do with it if you use it over time.