FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Lovely got more pics and or a how to???:grin:

blue6.jpg

Lol. As in how not to look crazy? Nope. I just go for it and pray it works out. LOL. But I just did this like box braids. I braided until the point that my hair ended then I twisted. Easy for now because my hair is short. When it gets longer, I guess I'll be confined to tree braids. But I do have a picture for you. ::)

What I realized is that the type of hair I used makes my hair look more like locs instead of twists. I thought that but it was confirmed by an ex today who grabbed my hair and said, "What are these deadlocks?" I told him to get his hand outta my hair! LOL. But if you look closely at the hair over my shoulder then you can see what I mean. I'm ok with it though. I love locs. Just no guts to grow them. So now I have yet another option. Next time I'll look for the kinky twist hair. I'm done rambling. LOL

And by the way, Prettyeyes, I know what you mean about the length. I miss mine too which is why I have chosen to wear all my extensions long. Our hair will be back in NO time...

i don't miss relaxed hair at all sis:nono::nono:
however, the tangles and shyyyte :blush: has really started to peeeve a sista off! THEREFORE, i'm in phase II, absolutely NOOOOOOO loose hair! This means simple twists for now (try shea butter, oil, and WN or scurl), nooooooo more washing while hair is loose...... braids, kinky twists, etc.

I really am in awe of how much a tiny winy ARSE afro can #1 shed so much, #2 ITCH (scalp) RELENTLESSLY, and #3 tangle and produce knots sooooooooo goyt dayuuuuum much
sorry ladies for the rant!

So so much for my lazy arse routine; i've been cutting, and cutting, and cutting. Last nite was the last straw, I cut an 2.5 inch knot with at least 30+ strands of hair intertwined

so yes... loving the natural state, not the tangles
I over moisturize a lot so this may be partially an issue
Also the way my hair coils, It has always tangled and shed (THE VERY REASON I REFUSED SALONS THE LAST 20 YRS)
just surprised it's still doing so WITH SO LITTLE HAIR GOING ON!

WOW sorry you are dealing with all of this! Maybe taking a break with the twists will be good for you HTH!

twists111.jpg

This is my PS (twists) for the next few weeks. I'm using MTG as a growth aid every other day. My twists are still pretty tight so I spray my scalp with S Curl activator for relief. Cleaning my scalp with Seabreeze instead of washing. I need to make these
stretch so no washing for me. Ummmm...what else? I'm just keeping it simple. I plan to roll into WL hair without a whole lot of hooplah! .;-)

^^^Love, love, love this! Especially the fact that they resemble locs. So pretty!

Okay, *takes deep breath* I'm ready to join. I have 3 inches of hair since my BC on July 4th (Independence Day!). I'm so ready!

Prettyeyes, your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS, beautiful, beautiful curls. Do you have any product in your hair or is that from a fresh wash and conitioner??

Prettyeyes, your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS, beautiful, beautiful curls. Do you have any product in your hair or is that from a fresh wash and conitioner??

Thank you so much! I co-washed and added a bit of gel. Pic on pg 16 of this thread if anyone wants to see.

Last relaxer was Oct 2009, and I always said I would NEVER, EVER bc...

then one night I got ridulously impatient, as I'm prone to do...and snipped a lil bit off...:yep:. I giggled with thrill... then proceeded to hack away at my head :grin:. It felt so good! I was on an adrenaline high for 2 days, :spinning:

then realized I didn't know what the heck to do with my little fro.:perplexed

I got some expert guidance from one of the rockstars here at LHCF :bighug:, and it's been a love affair with my hair ever since!

absolutely LOVE my natural hair, mad I didn't do it sooner, and now ridiculously impatient to have more of it.

Then to add icing to my cake, I see this thread!!! Can't believe it popped up when it did, just what I need right now...Thanks, Prettyeyes! Please sign me up if it's not too late. My bc was in June (the 23rd or thereabouts, but didn't keep track because I was on that euphoric high).

I have an average of about 4 inches all around, give or take an inch in some places. will likely end up shorter before getting longer, since I can't seem to obtain an even cut and tend to get a scissor-happy when trying.

I need lots of guidance, so thanks again and I'm looking forward to all the support!

Good Morning!!!

I would like to be a part of this challenge! My last relaxer was December 5, 2009 and the idea was to BC on December 5th of this year. Well, I BC last night and although I was a little surprised by the TWA, I feel very free and know I made the right decision for my hair!

I am committed to growing my hair to waist length!

I need to go back and check the rules to see what else I need to be posting.

Your hair texture kinda looks like mine :yep:.
Yeah, you are a 3c/4a combo, you have quite a bit of bigger curls and some coils. I seen you in the 4a type thread and meant to PM you to join us in the 3c/4a thread where I think you will see you have hair twins and cousins LOL!!

Last edited:
:grin:AUGUST 2010 TECHNIQUE OF THE MONTH:FREQUENT CO-WASHING:grin:

Co-washing is simply washing your hair with conditioner and skipping the shampoo. Great for new BCer's who face dryness. Great for moisture!! Many think great for growth!!

Please feel free to CONTRIBUTE PICS/NAMES of your fave condish for co-washing throughout the month!
200.jpg

HairCare_Pairs_Humectant_M.png

honeysuckle_rose_cond.jpg

joico.jpg

unnamed.jpg

This challenge is a lot of work to maintain, show love by thanking the Product/Technique/Style of the Month Post!!

Last edited:
I use the ORS Olive Oil Deep Penetrating Conditioner to Deep Co-wash. I don't use a steamer, but I do use a conditioning cap. It probably works just as good as a regular old shower cap, but you know... I am like, "Hey?! Go all the way on this journey!!" :drunk:

me~:rolleyes:

Ive been co-washing just about everyday. Usually I use Wen but I also like TJ's Tea Tree and Peppermint, Skala Ceramides & 100% Pure milk & honey conditioner.
Neek-a-Nator I wish I had a steamer. May eventually have to bite the bullet and buy one.

Janda, I absolutely LOVE my steamer and I think it's sooooooo worth the money. I bought mine in Dec and this is the only way I deep condition noe. It makes a HUGE difference with the manageability of my hair and the softness is great.

REMINDER, I will update the challenger list about twice a month but if you have not posted or PM'd your length in inches and are not 100% natural you will not be added. Join in the discussion as soon as you post your length. WELCOME!

Contact me or Pookaloo if you have any questions!

Last edited:
I straightened my entire head of hair today for the first time as a natural, YAY me! It took a while, I am not sure if I will post pics now or wait until I update, but you will eventually see them!

Thanks for the clarification Prettyeyes, I'm sorry I should have read the first page.:grin:

Stats:
I am 100% Natural as of 7.31.10
My last relaxer was 12.5.09
My hair is probably about 2 inches in certain spots and about 3 inches in the back. How do I measure?

Hi guys! How's everyone doing? I wanna try Wen. Does anyone here like it? I've been doing little length checks here and there, but there's been little change. I'm just gonna leave it alone and not think about it. I blew my hair out Saturday night and I put it in a puff. I wasn't satisfied with it my length yet, so I put my crochet braids back in. Everytime I take out my braids I shampoo with Tea Tree Triple Treat by Giovanni and DC with Aussie Moist or Aussie's 3 min miracle.

Hi guys! How's everyone doing? I wanna try Wen. Does anyone here like it? I've been doing little length checks here and there, but there's been little change. I'm just gonna leave it alone and not think about it. I blew my hair out Saturday night and I put it in a puff. I wasn't satisfied with it my length yet, so I put my crochet braids back in. Everytime I take out my braids I shampoo with Tea Tree Triple Treat by Giovanni and DC with Aussie Moist or Aussie's 3 min miracle.

I'm a Wen-a-holic. I have my whole family using it. I alternate between the SAM & Fig. I use it as a co-wash and a leave-in. I also use the Re-moist DC which makes my hair feel stronger every time I use it. I buy it from QVC. I stocked up during his last sale on qvc.

Thanks for the clarification Prettyeyes, I'm sorry I should have read the first page.:grin:

Stats:
I am 100% Natural as of 7.31.10
My last relaxer was 12.5.09
My hair is probably about 2 inches in certain spots and about 3 inches in the back. How do I measure?

No problem, it happens all time. Those measurements are fine.

WELCOME NEW NATURAL!!!

This is my first post ever, though I've been lurking on threads for about a year. I want to join! I just BC'ed last month and I'm loving being natural. I have about 1" - 1.5" of hair at the moment. My last relaxer was in March 2010.

I've found some good products for my hair. And I'm loving the journey right now. So, I'm really excited about this challenge.

Back