Gaining Elasticity after protein and henna overload.

ladytq

I have totally lost my elasticity after getting henna happy:wallbash:. I know now for my fine hair I can only use that stuff 2x per year. A good thing can turn bad:rolleyes:.

So anyways, I was wondering what products you use to restore the elasticity in your hair after a protein or henna overload? Also how long did it take for the elasticity to be restored?

*Happily Me*

Lekair's cholesterol always makes my hair too elastic and I usually have to make sure I balance it with protein properly.

So, I would suggest the cholesterol by LeKair. If you use it a few times without protein, I think you'll be ok.

ichephren

Kenra MC is great for giving elasticity! Also generally conditioner washing is good to regain elasticity. When hair loses elasticity, it's usually just dry.

**WonderWoman**

I'm in the same boat as you. What's been helping me is daily co-washing and DCing at least once a week. I try to do twice/wk when I'm not lazy. I've noticed less and less breakage as I wash.

JustKiya

Oh, yeah, this happened to me when I was henna'ing every week! Moisture, moisture, moisture. Cowash as much as you can, deep condition every weekend, stay away from ANYTHING with additional protien in it. Baggying nightly is a good idea too. It took about a month for my hair to return to it's 'normal' state...

Neroli

I have totally lost my elasticity after getting henna happy:wallbash:. I know now for my fine hair I can only use that stuff 2x per year. A good thing can turn bad:rolleyes:.

So anyways, I was wondering what products you use to restore the elasticity in your hair after a protein or henna overload? Also how long did it take for the elasticity to be restored?

Sounds as if you used protein condish with henna? If so, then you could be right the the combination of frequent henna + frequent proteins caused overload. Definitely do a deep moisturizing condish with something nice and thick (cholesteral, humectress, humecto) and pull back on protein products for a while and see if things settle down.

I have very fine 4b hair and henna every week, if I can, definitely every 2 weeks cuz I wanna cover my greys and I only get superb condition and strength every time. Sometimes in hot humid, I'll henna every 2 or 3 days! The one thing I understood b4 I jumped on the henna thing over a year ago was that it can be a bit drying and to up my moisturizing condish and I found this to be true. Once I started hennaing, I had to step back on protein conditioners and do more moisturzing conditioners cuz henna provides so much strenght to my hair, no protein necessary. I only do serious proteins around my touchups. I now have tons of protein condish (keraphix, emergencee, 5in1, aphogee, etc.) that will prolly last me the rest of my life as I don't need them regularly at all anymore. Henna has totally simplified my routine and I use way less products now, with excellent results, not to mention that awesome color and shine.

ladytq

Sounds as if you used protein condish with henna? If so, then you could be right the the combination of frequent henna + frequent proteins caused overload. Definitely do a deep moisturizing condish with something nice and thick (cholesteral, humectress, humecto) and pull back on protein products for a while and see if things settle down.

I have very fine 4b hair and henna every week, if I can, definitely every 2 weeks cuz I wanna cover my greys and I only get superb condition and strength every time. Sometimes in hot humid, I'll henna every 2 or 3 days! The one thing I understood b4 I jumped on the henna thing over a year ago was that it can be a bit drying and to up my moisturizing condish and I found this to be true. Once I started hennaing, I had to step back on protein conditioners and do more moisturzing conditioners cuz henna provides so much strenght to my hair, no protein necessary. I only do serious proteins around my touchups. I now have tons of protein condish
(keraphix, emergencee, 5in1, aphogee, etc.) that will prolly last me the rest of my life as I don't need them regularly at all anymore. Henna has totally simplified my routine and I use way less products now, with excellent results, not to mention that awesome color and shine.

No protein overload, just henna overload. I only use henna as my strenghtening treatment.

Cayenne0622

Yes, the marine one. I haven't tried the animal one. The marine was so good I didn't dare try any others.

Thanks kels823. :kiss:

Okay, Sareca. Don't get me started, girl. I'm already addicted to SAA. So, now gimme the skinny on the collagen. It sounds like its protein. Is it moisturizer or protein. I gotta stay away from protein for a minute but I do need something to get my elasticity back. Thanks!

Cayenne0622

I got the Marine Collagen!!! Now what's SAA:look:?

Silk Amino Acids. Got it at Lotioncrafters. I'm getting ready to do a major search on the Marine Collagen. Is it strengthening or moisturizing? I need something to get my elasticity on track.

**WonderWoman**

Thanks Sareca! I'm getting ready to do braids so I want to spend a few weeks strengthening my hair b4 then. I think i'll mix a bit of ur stuff with LeKair

ShiShiPooPoo

I am going through the same thing...

I have decided to moisturize my hair back to health and stop washing it so much and using so much Henna and protein. I just recently bought:

Proclaim Cholesterol Conditioner
Eqyss Avocado Mist
Phyto Organics Luxxtress Leave In
" " Theratin
" " Humectin

I've sworn off heat too. Hopefully this will help put some much needed moisture back in. Also, I don't think my hair like protein very much.

Cayenne0622

On the Marine Collagen thing....what about this stuff?

Benefits:Marine collagen provides excellent moisture retention properties to help improve hair texture, vitality and natural beauty. Enriched with sea minerals and panthenol to help protect against damage due to environmental exposure.

Usage: After shampooing, massage into hair and scalp. Leave on 2-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly

Ingredients
Provitamin B, Sea Fennel, Seaweed Extract, Wakame, Sea Lettuce, Marine Collagen Amino Acids

sareca

On the Marine Collagen thing....what about this stuff?

Benefits:Marine collagen provides excellent moisture retention properties to help improve hair texture, vitality and natural beauty. Enriched with sea minerals and panthenol to help protect against damage due to environmental exposure.

Usage: After shampooing, massage into hair and scalp. Leave on 2-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly

Ingredients
Provitamin B, Sea Fennel, Seaweed Extract, Wakame, Sea Lettuce, Marine Collagen Amino Acids

Wow! That sounds heavenly.

tapioca_pudding

I have a question about the marine collagen - Can I add it to my DC?

I relax next week and Im really worried about my hair being limp, etc. So I was thinking about still using my light protein directly after rinsing the relaxer out (before the neut. poo) but also adding the Marine collagen to my moisturizing DC afterwards. The goal is for my hair to be bouncy once its dry.

Brownie518

I just ordered some marine collagen from snowdrift this morning. I have been thinking about it for a while after reading a thread that HoneyDew and Sareca were in. I think it was about SAA. They pointed me in the right direction with SAA, oat protein, wheat protein, and honeyquat, so I figured I should give the collagen a try. Hopefully, all of us who are ordering will come back with some reviews and how-to's.:yep: