Glycerine + Winter Weather?

Louisex3

What's the truth? Is using glycerine, or products with a high content of glycerine bad in the colder months?
I use care free curl gold (jherri juice - the only way) lol, and i don't want to sabotage my progress, cause tbh i'm still a newbie at this whole healthy hair game.
If it is a no-no, can anyone recommend me some other good moisturizers?
Thankyou in advance!

It depends on where you live; if the dew point is low then the glycerin will cause the air to pull moisture from your hair, which will dry it out.

England = cold winters, right? Yeah, I would suggest ditching the glycerin in the colder, drier weather. There's no moisture in the air so the glycerin will pull the moisture from your hair - making it more drier than before you put anything on it. :sad:

I agree with elle, it depends on where you live and how your hair acts. Some people can use glycerin all year round wether its cold or not and some people can't.

It depends on where you live; if the dew point is low then the glycerin will cause the air to pull moisture from your hair, which will dry it out.

Ditto--I am in the midwest.

I had this happen to me and couldn't figure out for the life of me why the last 4 inches of my hair was so dang brittle. It was the glycerine. Lay off from it in the colder months. I have no longer had any crummy ends since I stopped using glycerine (main in cooler months.)

AA

I stay away from it in the colder months. I started cutting back at the beginning of September, and I plan on stopping entirely for the winter. When I first tried adding glycerine to a leave-in, it was in the winter and it made my hair drier than it already was. It wasn't until I tried it again in the spring/summer that I saw what the juicers were raving about.

Giovanni direct leave in mixed with water put in a greg juice bottle lol I can still trick myself like I'm juicing and still get my moisture but minus the glycerin I don't think it has glycerin in it ifso qhemet heavy creme works good too.

I've been wondering about this too, especially if it just applies to leave ins or do we also need to avoid deep conditioners and rinse out conditioners with glycerin in the winter. It seems to be in everything!

It just depends on your hair, and your dew point. Conditioners leave things behind on your hair, so my hair would freak out unless a product had a very small amount of glycerin.

Back