Going Through? This Thread is for You!

Nice & Wavy

What you thought was going to last forever may change all of a sudden, in the twinkling of an eye. That's why you need to live with an open hand.

Loosen your grip and your impulse to control your circumstances so the Lord can give to you or take away whatever is best for you. But if you get too connected to the here and now, then you wind up resisting change - and God. He wants to give you something better. Stop resisting Him!

:bighug:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

God isn't finished yet. Your circumstances are a work in progress. The only way to see the whole picture is to understand that God's Word is the truth. His Word is His mind and His thoughts.

When you begin to look at things through God's Word, you allow Him to lift you up to high places so you can see what He sees. God's plans WILL change your circumstances!

:yep:

Nice & Wavy

The storm you're in is common to man.:yep: That means we all go through the same things. 1 Peter 5:9 says, stand firm in faith "because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

You are not alone in your storm. The devil wants you to think that you're alone so he can isolate you and bind you with fear. He may have you thinking that your problem is so terrible that not even God can help you. Don't buy the lie!

No one is saying that your circumstances aren't difficult, but they are common to man. And, no matter how bad things seem right now, you can bear it - otherwise, God would not have allowed it in your life. Furthermore, if you will trust Him, He promises to give you a way of escape so that you can stand up under pressure.

You don't have to crumble. You can stand!

sweetvi

What you thought was going to last forever may change all of a sudden, in the twinkling of an eye. That's why you need to live with an open hand.

Loosen your grip and your impulse to control your circumstances so the Lord can give to you or take away whatever is best for you. But if you get too connected to the here and now, then you wind up resisting change - and God. He wants to give you something better. Stop resisting Him!

The last paragraph just wrecked me. I have to learn to loosen control and trust GOD

Nice & Wavy

When God said. “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness,” the ultimate reproduction He had in mind was not Adam; it was Jesus (see Gen. 1:26; Rev. 13:8 NKJV; Rom. 8:29; Heb. 2:10). Indeed, God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4). Thus, we must see Jesus not only as the payment for our sins but also as the pattern for our lives. Indeed, this is not a little, peripheral thing; attaining Christ's likeness is the reason for our existence!

Unfortunately, today many of God’s people sleepwalk through life. The promises and opportunities given us as God's children remain dreamlike realities. However, in His love, the Lord is rousing us from our sleep. Pastor Francis Frangipane

Nice & Wavy

Decide today to make Jesus Lord over your thoughts. Every time loneliness overtakes you, stop and realize that its source is what you're thinking. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal your thoughts to you and with His help; tear them down and replace them with God's thoughts.

Yes, God wants us to connect with other people, but the loneliness will never be defeated until we connect first with our Creator God and recognize how valuable we are to Him!

Nice & Wavy

A Word To The Discouraged Heart

Discouragement is a very powerful thing that does not always come with roots. By roots I mean legitimate causes. Sometimes we can easily see the reasons we are discouraged; our expectations are not met, things are not where we want them to be, failure even though we tried our best. Sometimes it is because of circumstances beyond our control or even caused by us. Then there are other times when there is not justifiable reason, we simple feel discouraged by things in general.

Discouragement does not belong to the children of God. I know we will face it at times but it doesn't belong to us; it is foreign. Discouragement should never be left to take root in us but should be dealt with right away. Confess your feelings. Admit that it is what you are facing. Then ask the Holy Spirit to deal with this thing that is inside of you. Sing, shout, declare the Lordship of Jesus in all things.

The only effective way of dealing with discouragement is to go deeper with Jesus. It won't seem to be working at first and you will really have to push through to get there. I mean, you are going to have to fight. It is a battle to make your flesh submit to your spirit but you can't afford to lose this battle. Why do you think Jacob wrestled with God?

Jacob was facing a very difficult situation. He was running away from one problem only to face another that he had created a long time ago. He had wronged his brother and now he was about to come face to face with him. I am sure you have felt stuck between a rock and a hard place with no easy solution. Jacob did what most of us do in desperate times, he sought assurance from God. Perhaps for the first time in his life Jacob realized that his fast talking would not get him out of this. Filled with fear, anxiety, uncertainty, perhaps discouragement, he would not let go of God until he received his blessing.

I don't think many of us have ever been in this place with God, but we should be. We should all have to face such a time as this, when we are forced to be honest with ourselves and admit our only hope is Jesus Christ. We should all be in that place where we refuse to let go of God, because we have no other hope, until we receive his blessing, his assurance, his promises, his hope, his love even then...hold on and don't let go.

We are in a time in history when the enemy of our soul is doing everything he can to discourage us. We will have discouragement without root and we will have discouragement with deep roots, like Jacob. Our Father's enemy will accuse us of failure. He will accuse us of what God has forgiven. He will make sure that we see the discouraging things around us and hear the discouraging reports as the Israelites did. And most of it will focus on us. What we did or did not do. Our failures. That is how you will recognize him, by his emphasis on you, to provoke your emotions. But knowing this will not be enough to protect your heart. You are going to have to learn to wrestle.

We are warned in Scripture:

My friends, watch out! Don’t let evil thoughts or doubts make any of you turn from the living God.You must encourage one another each day. And you must keep on while there is still a time that can be called “today.” If you don’t, then sin may fool some of you and make you stubborn.We were sure about Christ when we first became his people. So let’s hold tightly to our faith until the end. (Hebrews 3:12-14)

The Scripture encourages us not to be like the Israelites who listened to discouraging reports and refused to enter into what God had promised. My friends, the end is in sight; now is not the time to give up. Now is the time to press on and we need to watch out for each other, to testify to each other, to lift each other up, to pray, encourage, and love each other.

Don't you dare give up: Don't! Jesus is coming!

http://pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-word-to-discouraged-heart.html

Nice & Wavy

The way to maturity in Christ is not to go around the storm - but through it. If you want to grow in the Lord, if you want God to plant His vineyard in your soul and bring forth His precious fruit in your life, you will go through trials. Hebrews 5:8 tells us that Jesus learned obedience from the things He suffered. If even Jesus, God in human flesh, had to endure storms in order to learn obedience, we might as well brace ourselves for the next roll of thunder and bolt of lightning. It's coming!

That is how God works out His perfection in us.

Nice & Wavy

When the cold north wind of temptation and despair batters your life, remember that it is not from God's hand, but it is in His control. Be of good courage, for He has overcome the world.

Your Father will not allow you to be pressed any more than necessary, but just enough to squeeze out the wonderful aroma of His presence in you.

Nice & Wavy

Our mountains reveal how small and incapable we are to move them out of the way, but they offer an incredible opportunity to discover how great and awesome God really is. Recognize today that your mountain can actually be a blessing in disguise!

Nice & Wavy

Everyone goes through life cycles and seasons. Don't miss your great victory by not recognizing God's grace to do what you could never do yourself. Start looking for His grace in your life and focus on that area, knowing that every cycle and season has a beginning and an end. You don't want to miss the opportunity to accomplish things you know you can't do on your own, because you'll have to wait for that cycle to return again.

God's grace is just for that season, so enjoy your God-given opportunity for victory and success!

Nice & Wavy

God is good. Not only does He warn us about things we should not allow to remain in our thoughts, He also instructs us as to things we should be meditating on. Ponder the things of God in your heart; immediately reject worldly or carnal thoughts. Protect your mind for that is where your battle will be won or lost.

:love3:

Nice & Wavy

Nice & Wavy

Being in the right place at the right time is not a matter of chance. It's a matter of destiny. The place where God appointed you to be is also where He anointed you to be, and it is at that place that His blessings will come upon you and overtake you. All hell can break loose, but because you know you are within God's plan and you determine in your heart to stay there, you're going to make it no matter what.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Happy to share this enjoyable story here as well:

WHO IS YOUR DADDY?​

A seminary professor was vacationing with his wife in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. One morning they were eating breakfast at a little restaurant hoping to enjoy a quiet family meal. While they were waiting for their food to be served, they noticed a distinguished looking white haired man moving from table to table visiting with the guests.

The professor leaned over and whispered to his wife “I hope he does not come over here.” Sure enough, the man did come over to their table.

“ Where are you folks from?" He asked in a friendly voice. “ ‘Oklahoma’ they answered. “Great to have you here in Tennessee” the stranger said. “what do you do for a living?”

“I teach at a seminary” he replied. “ So you teach preachers how to preach do you? Well, I have got a really great story for you” and with that the gentleman pulled up a chair and sat down at the table with the couple.

The professor groaned and thought to himself “great. Just what I need...another preacher story. "

The man started, "See that mountain over there? (pointing out the restaurant window). Not far from the base of that mountain ,there was a boy born to an unwed mother. He had a hard time growing up ,because every place he went, he was always asked the same question “Hey boy Who’s your daddy? ’Whether he was at school, at the grocery store people would ask the same question “Who is your daddy?"

He would hide at recess and lunchtime from other students. He would avoid going into stores because that question hurt him so bad. When he was 12 years old a new preacher came to his church.And still, this kid would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, “Who is your daddy?”

But one the day the new preacher said the benediction so fast he got caught and had to walkout with the crowd. Just about the time he got to the back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him , put his hands on his shoulder and asked him, “Son, where is your daddy?”

The crowd around the preacher and the boy got deathly quiet. He could feel every eye there, were gazing at him. Now everyone would finally know the answer to that question, “who is your daddy”?

This preacher, though, sensed the situation around him and using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give said the following to the scared boy... ”Wait a minute! I know who you are! I see the family resemblance now. You are a child of GOD”. With that he patted the boy on his back and said “Son you have a great inheritance. Go and claim it”.

With that, the boy smiled for the first time in a long while and walked out of the door a changed person. He was never the same person again. Whenever anyone asked him that question he would now say “I am a child of GOD”.

The distinguished gentleman got up from the table and said, ”Isn’t that a great story? The professor responded that it really was a great story! As the man turned to leave, he said, “You know, if that new preacher hadn’t told me that I was one of God’s children, I probably never would have amounted to
anything!"
And he walked away.

The seminary professor and his wife were stunned. He called the waitress over and asked her “Do you know who that man was- the one who just left that was sitting at our table?”

The waitress grinned and said “Of course. Everybody here knows him. That’s Ben Cooper. He’s the former Governor of the state of Tennessee !’

Someone in your life needs a reminder that they are one of God’s children.

Nice & Wavy

Whether or not you realize it, you are a person of tremendous influence. There are lives you are destined to touch. But before you can impact those lives, you must first recognize that there is more of you to take hold of. There is much more to you than meets the eye. There are things that God destined you to birth that will never manifest until you recognize that fact. This is no time to settle for less.

It's the season to soar! Uncork the bottle and let that person of excellence out!

SugarRush

Nice&Wavy Thank you so much for starting this thread. I don't know how I'm going to get through what I'm going through, but I know there's hope. I'm glad I wandered over to this side of forum.

Nice & Wavy

@Nice&Wavy Thank you so much for starting this thread. I don't know how I'm going to get through what I'm going through, but I know there's hope. I'm glad I wandered over to this side of forum.
SugarRush I am so honored that you have posted and am overjoyed that you are being blessed by the thread.:love2:

The Lord will sustain you in these difficult times because yes, He has given you hope, and the Bible says that hope doesn't disappoint!

Praying for you and looking forward to hearing your testimony of victory over your situation!

God bless you!

ToyToy

Nice & Wavy - thank you so much for the many posts of encouragement. I've copied them out so I can read them wherever I am. I really need this right now, so thank you for such a timely thread!

Nice & Wavy

When the Holy Spirit shows us an area that needs repentance, we must overcome the instinct to defend ourselves. We must silence the little lawyer who steps out from a dark closet in our minds, pleading, “My client is not so bad.” Your “defense attorney” will defend you until the day you die—and if you listen to him you will never see what is wrong in you nor face what needs to change.

For you to succeed in warfare, your self-preservation instincts must be submitted to the Lord Jesus; for Christ alone is your true advocate.

Pastor Francis Frangipane

Nice & Wavy

@Nice & Wavy - thank you so much for the many posts of encouragement. I've copied them out so I can read them wherever I am. I really need this right now, so thank you for such a timely thread!
ToyToy I am so blessed and honored that you are reading and even making copies of these posts. This thread is Holy Spirit inspired to bring hope to those who are "Going Through" and I know that God is about to do something huge in your life.

Stand firm, fixed and immovable....you are about to see the Salvation of the Lord!

Praying for you and knowing that you will have the victory!

God bless you!

Nice & Wavy

God is on your side. Everything you've been going through is just His attempt to get your attention. Maybe today is the day that He is going to miraculously reveal something to you that has been there all the time, but you haven't seen it. It might be the day He removes the veil from your eyes and you begin to look into the spirit realm. Don't give up!

ToyToy

@ToyToy I am so blessed and honored that you are reading and even making copies of these posts. This thread is Holy Spirit inspired to bring hope to those who are "Going Through" and I know that God is about to do something huge in your life.

Stand firm, fixed and immovable....you are about to see the Salvation of the Lord!

Praying for you and knowing that you will have the victory!

God bless you!

Thank you!!!! I truly appreciate it!!

Loving

Whether or not you realize it, you are a person of tremendous influence. There are lives you are destined to touch. But before you can impact those lives, you must first recognize that there is more of you to take hold of. There is much more to you than meets the eye. There are things that God destined you to birth that will never manifest until you recognize that fact. This is no time to settle for less.

It's the season to soar! Uncork the bottle and let that person of excellence out!

Thanks for this Nice & Wavy . I just sent this to my FH to build him up.