Greasy sheets!

JewelleNY

i hate to put myself on front street but after finding this wonderful forum and tring so many products i woke up this morning to big oil stains on my pillowcases :eek: very embarrassing (can only imagine if i had a boyfriend :shocked: ) i have been putting castor oil on my edges at night and it is really working but i think that is the culprit. i wear a silk scarf every night to bed biut obviously it isn't enough. what do you guys do about this?? does anyone have this problem??? please help :confused:

Use less oil. I used to over-oil my hair all the time too. :) So just try applying a little less oil to your edges so that there would be less residue.

eeeeeewwwwww! lol j/k :lol: , your just heavy handed i was that way a long time ago. try not to use so much a little goes a long way and youll save money too! :yep:

I have my special satin "hair" pillow case that I wash frequently. This way it does not stain my good sheets. It is hard for me to sleep with someting tied around my head.

I'm dying over here because I had the same issue. That's why I stopped using WGO like I used to. It not only messed up my pillowcase, but it also soaked clear through to the pillow!!!

SG

:eek: Don't you hate those! I messed up some nice 750 thread count sheets like that! I use the plastic baggie method under my silk scarf now. I also use more that one scarf sometimes, and make sure to keep my scarf clean!

Girls I use a bath towel and put ove my pillows, then I sleep with a satin cap and then a scarf for double protection, to ensure my cap will not come off and no greasy sheets.

My other solution was to oil my hair in the morning so by the end of the day the grease will be a little less on my hair and not on my sheets. HTH

Thanks for this. Just whipped out a new bed set last night and woke up this morning with GREASE stains on my pillowcase! I was upet, too. . .I'm definitely gonna try the towel thing or else use a pillowcase that's already messed up.

So glad this thread was started. I'm experiencing the same problem. Thks for the tips, I'll have to try them out...

Remember that a little goes a long way. Also, using my MTG, I use a small squeeze bottle applicator. When I say small I mean that the tip is very small giving you very good control of how much oil you apply. These types bottles you can find at any BSS for about 99 cents of not muchmore. They are use to apply things like hair dye. Very good and not messy. HTH. Happy hair growing! :)

I also use a satin wrap and pillowcase.

This use to happen to me when I was using MTG and Sulfer8 mixture. But now I have given it a break for now and I am now using less or no oil/grease on my scalp I have seen a drastic improvement. The MTG made everything oily, turned all my jewelry and hair accessories black and my pillowcases and sheets was hot as hell!!:eek::lachen:

My oil went through the pillow too :lol: I had to chill out on the grease permanently. I used to put a slip or a raggedy silk shirt over my pillow to help because my scarf kept on falling off.

thanks for all of the suggestions! i have been a little heavy-handed lately but i am going to get some satin sheets and oil in the morning to see how it works out. Can't give up the castor oil just yet as my edges are looking so much better!

Have you actually tried the baggie method on just your ends? Failing this have you tried using less oil? I keep my hair well moisturised and maybe once or twice a week use the baggie method, I like feeling fresh when I go to bed and the thought of greasy sheets is yakky? Less oil and/or the baggie method might help, by locking in moisture and containing any oil or moisturiser used.

MeechUK

Co-signing the towel over the pillow, I do this when doing an overnight oil or conditioner treatment.

I am very heavy handed (trying to improve on this) and used to have greasy pillowcases all the time. I now use my MTG or oil in the morning, I also wash my pillowcases frequently.

Back