GROW YOUR HAIR WITH L-CYSTEINE & EGGS CHALLENGE!

~*Tigget*~

Eggs anyone? (Old B.E.T commercial) No my brotha you gots to get yo own...lol:lachen:

I had my dosage of eggs, still no cysteine yet, but I will :wallbash:

I went to walmart, and they had this microwave egg cooker thingy-ma-jig, I separate the whites, and then cook them in the microwave which takes about 1 min 30sec. Its really convenient. I cook them right before I leave the house for work in the morning, let them cool a minute or two and grab em on the way out the door.

When I boil my eggs I will eat the yolk sometimes, but mostly focus on the whites, since that is the protein source.

Irresistible

Eggs anyone? (Old B.E.T commercial) No my brotha you gots to get yo own...lol:lachen:

I had my dosage of eggs, still no cysteine yet, but I will :wallbash:

I went to walmart, and they had this microwave egg cooker thingy-ma-jig, I separate the whites, and then cook them in the microwave which takes about 1 min 30sec. Its really convenient. I cook them right before I leave the house for work in the morning, let them cool a minute or two and grab em on the way out the door.

When I boil my eggs I will eat the yolk sometimes, but mostly focus on the whites, since that is the protein source.
girl did you read those links I posted? There is LOTS in that yolk, lots of good stuff!

gorgeoushair

That one is not balanced and looks like it might be missing some, not sure because its hard to read like that, dont worry if you take these and an extra B complex balanced with it too, the reason being the B's are water soluble and they will just come out in your urine, I believe you would still benefit from taking a balanced on at a seperate time from these other supplements, to make sure your getting them all balanced just to be sure you are getting the most out of them all , and they are all so good for your hair and health , its worth it to make sure your getting the best possible absorption and benefits from all the B's

see this challenge only called for extra b6 to work with the l-cysteine, but I happen to know you need them all and that hair greatly benefits from them all -so its just an added benefit if anyone adds all the balanced B's to their regimen and you are sure to see/feel the benefit!

Sorry, i don't know what happened. That's not the way it was when I copied and pasted:ohwell:

So I would need to take a b-50 anyway?

gorgeoushair

I'm really surprised they make supplements like this without the B's balanced, its the best possible way to take them period, and taking too much of one can knock out another, this one is not balanced either. you will see on the balanced 100 or 50 almost all of them the same amounts, also the best formula besides balanced is sustained release if you can get that

I'm surprised b/c that one was Ultra Hair Plus and i thought they were one of the good ones.

Do you know any good balanced hair or multivitamins?

Valerie

are you going to eat eggs, take l-cysteine (with the other vitamins needed) or do egg treatments?

you have a good regimen , and the protein powder kind of lines up with the challenge, but we are trying to get a lil extra l-cyteine to our hair internally/externally through eggs and supplements as well as whole protein

I will be eating eggs, also I have decided that I will just use the powder MSM as a rinse, I get enough MSM in hair supplement already.

Thank you for your help Iris.

Irresistible

I'm surprised b/c that one was Ultra Hair Plus and i thought they were one of the good ones.

Do you know any good balanced hair or multivitamins?

Sorry, i don't know what happened. That's not the way it was when I copied and pasted:ohwell:

I'm really surprised they are making them this way too, it not the best way to take them at all

here is an example of what Balanced B 100 looks like (it would be the same for balanced 50 only all of them would be 50)
Thiamin (B1) 100 mg 6667

Riboflavin (B2) 100 mg 5882

Niacin (B3) 100 mg 500

Vitamin B6 100 mg 5000

Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 400 mcg 100

Vitamin B12 100 mcg 1667

Biotin 100 mcg 33

Pantothenic acid 100 mg 1000

I dont prefer this formula , I take the ones with Choline and Inisitol (sp) in them also, I only take capsule form now too, for better absorption makes a world of difference.

I havent taken hair vitamins for years, but one of the ones I liked was from KAL you could look into that one, its very good! I am not sure if has the B's balanced but because its KAL there is a good chance they are

Last edited:

Irresistible

I think at some point in your day, you need all the B's balanced to get the full benefit from any or all of them, so taking them would be best if they arent balanced in your mutli or hair vitamin, if some of them dont have the others in equal amounts your body wont be able to use them chances are

Irresistible

nevermind I wouldnt take KAL HAIR FORCE now, they changed the formula totally and plus now it has herbs-I dont do herbs, but I'm sure its still a good hair supplement

Irresistible

here is the KAL information ,this is why I knocked out taking a hair vitamin because if your taking this and a mutli you can get too much of certain things like vitamin A and IRON and copper etc. and it could cause problems.

I just started adding the things I wanted individually out of the hair vitamin

Description: Hair force® • New Higher Potency Biotin • Enhanced Support with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) • Cutting Edge Guaranteed Potency Herbs Saw Palmetto and Centella Asiatica • Essential Minerals and Vitamins for H a i r and Scalp Health • Naturally Pungent Sulphur Bearing Amino Acids • In an ActiSorbTM Base of traditional spices, Ginger, Cayenne, Turmeric, Rosemary and BioPerine® to enhance Gastric Activity

Item#: 72308
Size: 60ct
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily, preferably with meals.

Serving Size: 3 Capsule 20 Servings per container
Ingredients: Amount per serving: % Daily Value: +
Peppermint Leaves (Mentha piperita) 10 mg ~
ActiSorb™ Base: BioPerine® (Black Pepper [Piper longum] Extract, Cayenne [Capsicum frutescens], Turmeric [Curcuma longa] Extract, Rosemary [Rosmarinus officinalis] Extract, Ginger [Zingiber officinale]) 10 mg ~
GP Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) (Supplying a minimum 85 mg [85%] fatty acids and 13 mg [13%] B-Sitosterol and Total Sterols) 100 mg ~
L-Glutathione 2 mg ~
GP Centella asiatica (Supplying 2.5 mg [10%] Triterpenes) 25 mg ~
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 250 mg ~
PABA (as Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 40 mg ~
Silica 50 mg ~
L-Methionine 50 mg ~
Inositol 50 mg ~
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 50 mg ~
L-Cysteine 500 mg ~
Vitamin E (as Natural d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 13 IU 43%
Vitamin C (as Natural Ascorbic Acid) 500 mg 833%
Biotin 1200 mcg 400%
Niacin (30 mg as Niacin and 50 mg as Niacinamide) 80 mg 400%
Thiamin (as Thiamine HCl) 5 mg 333%
Vitamin B-12 (as natural Cyano-Cobalamin Concentrate) 100 mcg 1667%
Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 150 mg 1500%
Riboflavin 2 mg 118%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 20 mg 1000%
Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate) 15 mg 100%
Iron (as Iron Glycinate) 18 mg 100%
Manganese (as Manganese Amino Acid Chelate) 2 mg 100%
Copper (as Copper Amino Acid Chelate) 2 mg 100%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%

Irresistible

ya'll better still be eating them eggs!

dont let me get all this good protein and l-cysteine to my hair all by myself!

3 eggs today :yahoo:

The Savvy Sistah

That's great! Thickness is my main goal for this challenge.

***Quick Update***

I had my eggs everyday this week and I can't wait to try another egg & olive oil treatment on my hair Tuesday. I wanted to do it every week but I think I may just settle for every two weeks for 20 minutes.

I really like this challenge not just for the hair benefits but I can really see a difference in my overall health.

I'm still giving myself 4-6 weeks to see any major changes in my hair. I don't want to rush, because when I get impatient I seem to not follow through and I really want to stick with this challenge because to me it's all about a lifestyle change.

So for this week....
* I ate 14 eggs (So I need to get to the store quick)
* Daily I took my L-cysteine, b-complex, vitamin c, and multi vitamin. (I need to pick up a new bottle of biotin & flaxseed oil).
* I drank fruit smoothies 4 times this week.

My goal this week is to increase my water intake and try to exercise more.

I'm going to straighten my hair in a few days so I can have a new starting picture. (I got lazy last week)

Irresistible

That's great! Thickness is my main goal for this challenge.

***Quick Update***

I had my eggs everyday this week and I can't wait to try another egg & olive oil treatment on my hair Tuesday. I wanted to do it every week but I think I may just settle for every two weeks for 20 minutes.

I really like this challenge not just for the hair benefits but I can really see a difference in my overall health.

I'm still giving myself 4-6 weeks to see any major changes in my hair. I don't want to rush, because when I get impatient I seem to not follow through and I really want to stick with this challenge because to me it's all about a lifestyle change.

So for this week....
* I ate 14 eggs (So I need to get to the store quick)
* Daily I took my L-cysteine, b-complex, vitamin c, and multi vitamin. (I need to pick up a new bottle of biotin & flaxseed oil).
* I drank fruit smoothies 4 times this week.

My goal this week is to increase my water intake and try to exercise more.

I'm going to straighten my hair in a few days so I can have a new starting picture. (I got lazy last week)
Aww your doing really good I'm really proud of you!

The Savvy Sistah

Thanks!!!

You're a great motivator!

We're all going to be celebrating real soon when we see the results.

For some reason I feel really good about this challenge.

I feel like this was a missing link that I needed to maximize my hair growth & thickness.

Irresistible

Thanks!!!

You're a great motivator!

We're all going to be celebrating real soon when we see the results.

For some reason I feel really good about this challenge.

I feel like this was a missing link that I needed to maximize my hair growth & thickness.

I cant wait! :woot:

I feel the same way too, its perfect!

I am definitely seeing and feeling some difference now!

N

nappysunflowers

I joined in by proxy. I do egg whites mainly via boiled eggs (a lot of yolks=a LOT of cholesterol), and I just ordered L-cysteine. I prefer egg whites honestly and I eat about two eggs worth daily. I also use two cloves of garlic daily as part of blood cleansing to help with my eczema. I guess I'm covered...

Irresistible

I joined in by proxy. I do egg whites mainly via boiled eggs (a lot of yolks=a LOT of cholesterol), and I just ordered L-cysteine. I prefer egg whites honestly and I eat about two eggs worth daily. I also use two cloves of garlic daily as part of blood cleansing to help with my eczema. I guess I'm covered...

yep your covered! when did you start?

N

nappysunflowers

I started with the garlic last week. The egg whites started last Saturday. The L-cysteine will start whenever the post man drops it off. I think this will improve my overall health as well, not just my hair...

BTW, for all you guys eating whole eggs, limit your yolks to 4 a week. You can do a lot with egg whites, and they are a complete protein. The yolks in moderation are great, but 7-14 yolks a week is too much... this is what I got from a lot of nutritional websites.

Irresistible

I started with the garlic last week. The egg whites started last Saturday. The L-cysteine will start whenever the post man drops it off. I think this will improve my overall health as well, not just my hair...

BTW, for all you guys eating whole eggs, limit your yolks to 4 a week. You can do a lot with egg whites, and they are a complete protein. The yolks in moderation are great, but 7-14 yolks a week is too much... this is what I got from a lot of nutritional websites.

oh ok, then your just about ready to have the whole thing going , but its good that you started on the other parts already! I posted some links a lil further back on the thread about the yolks, there is some real good stuff in there. I dont wanna miss out on any of it. I'm not worried about the Cholesterol too much because I read alot on how they yolks got a bad rap with that-the other foods I would/could eat daily are far worse-but for those worried , it would be fine to cut some of the yolks out of the daily eggs

I totally agree that this is beneficial to more than just our hair! but :yahoo: for what its doing for our hair

~*Tigget*~

why how come I couldnt find it at the GNC I went to , no fair!!!

I stil gotta make my order online

Now Irresistable, how u gon' start this challenge, and don't have all your materials.....:lachen:

But I'm right there w/ you, cuz I still haven't got my L-Cysteine. Money Funny right now...its either Gas or L-Cysteine:wallbash:

~*Tigget*~

oh ok, then your just about ready to have the whole thing going , but its good that you started on the other parts already! I posted some links a lil further back on the thread about the yolks, there is some real good stuff in there. I dont wanna miss out on any of it. I'm not worried about the Cholesterol too much because I read alot on how they yolks got a bad rap with that-the other foods I would/could eat daily are far worse-but for those worried , it would be fine to cut some of the yolks out of the daily eggs

I totally agree that this is beneficial to more than just our hair! but :yahoo: for what its doing for our hair

I think LL Cool J said it was ok to eat the whole egg too (in his workout book, that I bought for my husband that is collecting dust)....so Ima do it...lol:lachen:

michaela

Natural 4b
Im about to start taking b-1 Supplements. 250 mg

the ingredients are Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Hydroxpropyl Methycellouse, Magnesium Stearate and Croscamellose Sodium.

My mom got them for me. I just need the thumbs up that it would be okay to take?
off to eat the eggs...

Irresistible

Now Irresistable, how u gon' start this challenge, and don't have all your materials.....:lachen:

But I'm right there w/ you, cuz I still haven't got my L-Cysteine. Money Funny right now...its either Gas or L-Cysteine:wallbash:

GIRL! :lol: I know huh? I went hog wild ordering some conditioners , we wont discuss how much *cough* I still got some ordering to do , but had to do the grown up thing and pay these dang gone billls and rent and you know , buy food :grin:and stuff first , but I'm buidling up for that order, because I have to order other stuff too when I place it, so its coming , just waiting till everything clears to see where I am , when all the bills rent and what not go through

Irresistible

Im about to start taking b-1 Supplements. 250 mg

the ingredients are Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Hydroxpropyl Methycellouse, Magnesium Stearate and Croscamellose Sodium.

My mom got them for me. I just need the thumbs up that it would be okay to take?
off to eat the eggs...
just b-1 or your mean b-100? as in the whole complex? 250mg? I'm confused sweetie